"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 03-08-2008, 11:41 PM   #1161
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, yt. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh?

my latest smile comes from (who else, but) my little guy.
my boy is learning his alphanumerics, and happens to love to play dress up. firemen, construction workers, doctors, army men, knights in armor; i'm never sure who he is pretending to be when i get home. one of his faves is dressing up as a policeman.

so, put 2 and 2 together, and he dialed 9-1-1 to get a cop to come over and play with him.

i was at work, but my wife said there were a few phone calls with no one on the other end, then somewhat frantic knocking and ringing of the doorbell. when she answered the door, a cop asked if everything was ok, and that there was a call to 9-1-1 from the residence.
she turned around to see my boy at the top of the stairs, in full police regalia: helmet, gun belt, night stick, handcuffs and vest.
he invited the cop upstairs to play with his police stuff.
my wife apologized profusely, but the cop was an iritated jerk, and scolded my son to the point of making him cry. dw assured the cop that it wouldn't happen again and sent him on his way (back to dunkin donuts, presumably ).
nonetheless, we didn't make a big deal out of it when i got home; because in reality, it was just too darn cute, and a lesson well learned.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #1162
Executive Chef

That is the sweetest 911 story I've ever heard, BT. Shame on that grouchy policeman. He could have kindly explained how he had to catch bad guys so his boss didn't allow him any play time.

My friend answered the phone and it was the police, asking if she had children there. When she said yes, several, the dispatcher told her that a young child had called 911 from her phone and asked the police to please "come and arrest my brother because he is a jacka**"! When they told the child that the police don't arrest little boys and to never call 911 again, the child said he thought his brother "might be a bank robber and would they come and get him now?"

Old 03-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #1163
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
lol, yt. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh?

my latest smile comes from (who else, but) my little guy.
my boy is learning his alphanumerics, and happens to love to play dress up. firemen, construction workers, doctors, army men, knights in armor; i'm never sure who he is pretending to be when i get home. one of his faves is dressing up as a policeman.

so, put 2 and 2 together, and he dialed 9-1-1 to get a cop to come over and play with him.

i was at work, but my wife said there were a few phone calls with no one on the other end, then somewhat frantic knocking and ringing of the doorbell. when she answered the door, a cop asked if everything was ok, and that there was a call to 9-1-1 from the residence.
she turned around to see my boy at the top of the stairs, in full police regalia: helmet, gun belt, night stick, handcuffs and vest.
he invited the cop upstairs to play with his police stuff.
my wife apologized profusely, but the cop was an iritated jerk, and scolded my son to the point of making him cry. dw assured the cop that it wouldn't happen again and sent him on his way (back to dunkin donuts, presumably ).
nonetheless, we didn't make a big deal out of it when i got home; because in reality, it was just too darn cute, and a lesson well learned.

That is SOOO funny!! That cop was J-off!! You might have read that I am taking the police test soon. I hope one day this happens to me lol.

The last time I smiled was when I woke up to my 4 year old today jumping on the bed saying "daddy wake up".
Old 03-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #1164
Senior Cook

My dh was giving out to our 4 yr old little girl, it was obviously having no effect as she looked him in the eyes and went "Dad - bla bla bla bla!!!!!" I nearly fell off the bed i laughed so much!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:45 PM   #1165
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, douzer and p-king, 4 year olds are great, aren't they?

douzer, it's so hard not to laugh, else ruin the lesson being taught. sometimes, i feel like one of the characters on (dating myself) the carol burnett show, or the original casts of saturday night live, trying so hard not to burst out laughing in a deadly serious situation with/to a toddler.

pastaking, it's a rare man that doesn't change from being a cop. i have cousins on the job, and you'd barely recognize them today from the way we knew them as kids.
i hope you're one that can remember these times. best of luck, man.

f-mom, your friend's story about 911 is really funny. maybe the kid is a jacka$$ ? there's brutal , tactless honesty in those early years, ya know?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #1166
Master Chef

today march 10th, seeing a chipmunk out and about , made me smile, they are so cute!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #1167
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Yesterday.. Paul offered to send me to Mexico in April all by MYSELF!!!!!
A week of freedom from the stress of life and a short trip into my dream world.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #1168
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Yesterday.. Paul offered to send me to Mexico in April all by MYSELF!!!!!
A week of freedom from the stress of life and a short trip into my dream world.
Have you started packing yet? You go and have a wonderful time..I would jump at the chance to go..You are lucky, your Paul sounds like one heck of a guy..
kades
Old 03-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #1169
Chef Extraordinaire

when I realized that trish will probably invite me to go to Mexico with her....................
Old 03-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #1170
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just looked out of my office window and noticed that the Shagbark Hickory a few feet away has some nice new buds that are almost ready to "pop." Pretty soon I'll see a faint green haze on it. Hooray!!!!

« Finally | - »