"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #1271
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pdswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 20,308
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
LOL.. no bucky
Luckily for us No Canadian greece have ruined the beach ...yet.

We do have to watch out for Pelican poop though...they like to fly over the pool and um.. let go.!
__________________

__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #1272
Master Chef
 
texasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,497
The last thing that made me smile.... Catching up on some really good things that have happened and didn't know about. Barbara and James, you deserve to be happy again!! Whether you sell the house or keep it, this will help you so much and you really do deserve it. As for your dad, how can those words be topped? Of course your dad would NEVER think you a loser, who could. We all have things in our heads of what people think of us and luckily, ours are a lot worse than what they really are. You are both good people that have gone through enough hard times and it is finally going to turn around for you!! God bless you both!!!
__________________

__________________
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #1273
Sous Chef
 
B'sgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 863
Today I took my son to have a Celiac screening test done. I was worried how he would react to having his blood drawn since he is only 17 months. He did better than me! He just sat there and looked at it. He only fussed when it started taking a bit long, but the moment it was done he lunged for the nurses pen like normal. I'm so glad it wasn't traumatic for him!
__________________
Michelle
http://foodmakeshimsick.blogspot.com/

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #1274
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
Today I took my son to have a Celiac screening test done. I was worried how he would react to having his blood drawn since he is only 17 months. He did better than me! He just sat there and looked at it. He only fussed when it started taking a bit long, but the moment it was done he lunged for the nurses pen like normal. I'm so glad it wasn't traumatic for him!
You have one special little boy there..May he be okay...A big hug for being so brave.
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #1275
Chef Extraordinaire
 
suziquzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 11,488
Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Check your mail..the sun is on it's way!

Oh thank you thank you!
It got here! Only for a couple hours but it got us (all 5 of us!) out for a walk after dinner.
We look like a parade when we all go.....
__________________
Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
suziquzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 PM   #1276
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 13
The last thing that made me smile was this: There is a stray cat who has taken to jumping up on my back deck (about 15 feet high) and looking in my back sliding glass door. I have been feeding it leftover turkey, or whatever and dry dog food. For about 3 weeks now, I couldn't even get close to it. Tonight, I went out to put food in the bowl I put out for it, and instead of eating the food, it jumped into my arms!!
__________________
dkcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #1277
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,939
I had nothing to smile about this morning...between the orthopedic surgeon and xray tech putting my sore knee in positions it truly didn't want to go....and finding out that my only option may just be a full replacement.

But then this afternoon I had a young couple come over to discuss their upcoming wedding in August - I am doing a cake and catering a tea reception. Watching their expressions as they tasted all the different flavours of cake and icing and figuring out which ones to use, really brightened my day. She preferred my signature chocolate cake while he was wowed by the banana. Now most of the cake will be made of cupcakes so this is fine, they can (and are) have multiple flavours. However, the top tier is the cake for cutting and keeping and on this they couldn't agree. So I finally said I could torte it with alternating layers of banana and chocolate and they were very happy. But the part that brought the biggest smile to my face was when they were leaving and the bride to be asked if she could take a few more samples (mini cupcakes) of the chocolate cake "just to be sure"! I think she liked it!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #1278
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcook View Post
The last thing that made me smile was this: There is a stray cat who has taken to jumping up on my back deck (about 15 feet high) and looking in my back sliding glass door. I have been feeding it leftover turkey, or whatever and dry dog food. For about 3 weeks now, I couldn't even get close to it. Tonight, I went out to put food in the bowl I put out for it, and instead of eating the food, it jumped into my arms!!

Awesome. You have a new little friend.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #1279
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I had nothing to smile about this morning...between the orthopedic surgeon and xray tech putting my sore knee in positions it truly didn't want to go....and finding out that my only option may just be a full replacement.

But then this afternoon I had a young couple come over to discuss their upcoming wedding in August - I am doing a cake and catering a tea reception. Watching their expressions as they tasted all the different flavours of cake and icing and figuring out which ones to use, really brightened my day. She preferred my signature chocolate cake while he was wowed by the banana. Now most of the cake will be made of cupcakes so this is fine, they can (and are) have multiple flavours. However, the top tier is the cake for cutting and keeping and on this they couldn't agree. So I finally said I could torte it with alternating layers of banana and chocolate and they were very happy. But the part that brought the biggest smile to my face was when they were leaving and the bride to be asked if she could take a few more samples (mini cupcakes) of the chocolate cake "just to be sure"! I think she liked it!
Well the old adage when life hands ya lemons is so true, at least you got lemonade with this couple..Doesn't make you feel good when someone loves what you make and isn't afraid to show it? I knew they would love those cupcakes Now, just hang tough and let them get that knee fixed for you.

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #1280
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
The last thing that made me smile.... Catching up on some really good things that have happened and didn't know about. Barbara and James, you deserve to be happy again!! Whether you sell the house or keep it, this will help you so much and you really do deserve it. As for your dad, how can those words be topped? Of course your dad would NEVER think you a loser, who could. We all have things in our heads of what people think of us and luckily, ours are a lot worse than what they really are. You are both good people that have gone through enough hard times and it is finally going to turn around for you!! God bless you both!!!
That is so nice of you Stacy!

It made me smile to see you back. I was just telling James last night that I hadn't seen you on here lately, and we were both hoping everything is ok.

Barbara
P.S. I guess you really weren't "gone" for long--but I hadn't noticed any of your posts! I have been in and out so much!
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Finally | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.