Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL...what's even better.... I actually got her to put it away!
I said it was missing her friends back in the bag....
I'm such a nice potato gramma......
:)

That kid has good taste Suzi:LOL: now get her an apron
kades

Last edited:
Suzi, thanks so much, I really needed that smile and belly laugh right now. I HAVE to meet lego girl some day.....before she grows up and changes!

What would make me smile in all my turmoil? Well, I am currently sitting curled up in a comfy chair at the nearby Starbucks with a Venti (biggest) Chai Tea Latte and an oat fudge bar (my favourite) after a KFC/Taco Bell supper, using their WiFi and waiting for my upstairs neighbor (thanks to PDSwife for the idea) to come pick me up to stay in her guest room for the night.

There is a notation in my favourite book about finding true joy in our trials because it leads to perseverance.

I have lots to smile about - my husband probably has the job he has wanted, I get new carpets, new linoleum, probably a new paint job in the bedroom and I get a one night vacation...even if it is just upstairs!

What would make me smile in all my turmoil? Well, I am currently sitting curled up in a comfy chair at the nearby Starbucks with a Venti (biggest) Chai Tea Latte and an oat fudge bar (my favourite) after a KFC/Taco Bell supper, using their WiFi and waiting for my upstairs neighbor (thanks to PDSwife for the idea) to come pick me up to stay in her guest room for the night.

There is a notation in my favourite book about finding true joy in our trials because it leads to perseverance.

I have lots to smile about - my husband probably has the job he has wanted, I get new carpets, new linoleum, probably a new paint job in the bedroom and I get a one night vacation...even if it is just upstairs!
Well now missy, you got the world by the tail tonight instead of the other way around:LOL: I just love it when you get to enjoy good things..Inside I just know Tony has that job and that he will be outstanding at it...And the fact that your home will be fixed and like new is wonderful..I am thrilled for both of you..I wish you both a night free of any stress and that there is no pain and lots of peaceful sleep.
kadesma:)

That is great news that things are being put in motion and you're out of that situation. That makes me smile!

Barb

that's sweet about the cat helping you to "sweep" Katie......mine love to help me pack whenI'm leaving......."oh, we'll weigh down the clothes for you" and the potato is so cute........my youngest sister put one in the oven wrapped with Saran wrap.........thought she was helping...........knew they had to be wrapped but we were out of aluminum foil.................

My hubby got his job!!!! He goes to head office to sign his life away tomorrow, does his first aid ticket on Thursday and starts his first shift on Friday 3 pm to 10 pm! I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard for this one. And it is permanent (they WANT people who are committed long term) and after three months includes benefits. Most of the other jobs he has had lately are temporary, low paying and no benefits!

My hubby got his job!!!! He goes to head office to sign his life away tomorrow, does his first aid ticket on Thursday and starts his first shift on Friday 3 pm to 10 pm! I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard for this one. And it is permanent (they WANT people who are committed long term) and after three months includes benefits. Most of the other jobs he has had lately are temporary, low paying and no benefits!

how wonderful. tell him good job for me. maybe now some things will settle down at least. :LOL:

Laurie,
great news, I'm so glad good things are coming for you and Tony..Congratulations
kades

Congrats Laurie!!! I meant to say something to you last night about this!!! YEA!!!!

And yes, you were the last thing that made me smile today!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom