Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing my older kids shop for 48 cans of food to donate for charity at school and church. They kept telling me how much more they'd like to give but they couldn't. I told him that aside from distributing the food to the needed through his youth group at church, he can sign up to serve the meal. He will get such gratification doing that. He made me smile and, once more, realize what a BIG heart he has. Now I'm in tears writing about him...I couldn't ask for more. Just had to share.

Seeing my older kids shop for 48 cans of food to donate for charity at school and church. They kept telling me how much more they'd like to give but they couldn't. I told him that aside from distributing the food to the needed through his youth group at church, he can sign up to serve the meal. He will get such gratification doing that. He made me smile and, once more, realize what a BIG heart he has. Now I'm in tears writing about him...I couldn't ask for more. Just had to share.

That is so very sweet! Thank you for helping make our future generation one with such a kind and caring heart! We need more parents like you!! :angel:

Looking over a cute little book that my 6 year old grandson, Gerald made at school for me for Grandparents Day. It contains a photograph of himself wearing an oversized straw hat. :angel:

Dina,
How proud you must be. I feel lucky to know you...Your son sounds like one fine young man..
kadesma

Dina, cudos to you for raising such social conscious children. And I am just as proud as you. Thanks for the smile.

Lifesaver, what a wonderful lasting memory you have. So precious too.

Congrats Laurie!!! I meant to say something to you last night about this!!! YEA!!!!

And yes, you were the last thing that made me smile today!!!! :)

Sattie, you make me smile every time I read your posts or your notes to me!

But my biggest smile today was waking up and actually being able to breathe properly thanks to the new equipment installed last night and the medicine from the doctor.

I still cry to this day over a book that one of my first graders made and kept it with my Christmas stuff........thank you God for making flowers, thank for making puppies, and thank you for Mrs. W. and their was this beautiful rainbow over my name...love...Brandi...tears are flowing......you don't realize what an impact you have over young people until they're in your care......always beware that you're a role model whether you want to be or not.......

I totally understand, expat. While I was in the hospital the second time with my leg, the kids and leaders from our youth group made this giant card that said "Get Better Soon MLo" (Mama Laurie). On the inside it said "...we are running out of cookies and chocolate milk!" The all signed it, many with words of encouragement and/or thanks. The nurses would come in and read a bit at a time and I could see them holding back the tears....I didn't bother, I just let them flow. I still have the card up in front of my computer. It is actually a piece of bristol board folded in half, that is how big it is!

Getting up at 5:30 and getting ready to go out to breakfast at a place I love..The best part being breakfast with my first born son. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. I couldn't keep my hands and eyes off him..He is such a joy..such a good man...He makes us so proud and happy..
Ahhh a wonderful morning and a call from a very special friend has made this a perfect day.
kades

Kades, I know exactly how it feels to be enamoured with your children... (today anyway!!)
My smile is the whole dinner hour. For once. They ALL ate... including the middle one that NEVER eats dinner.
They ALL scraped their plates after I only asked once.

Then, to top it all off, legogirl is most certainly her mother's daughter.
Bouncing into the dining room she stopped dead in her tracks just now. Scratches her head, turns to me and says, "HUM, I forgot what i was just thinking about!"
Then stares off into the other room.....
"Oh yeah, ICE CREAM mama!"
Some days can be so good....
:)

Kades, Suzi, I would love to be able to experience those awesome feelings of motherhood. Cherish every one that you get.

A call last night from a dear, dear friend of over 40 years who lives in far northern Minnesota. She calls me every month on the 18th since Buck died. He died June 18th for those who don't know.

We talk and talk and she lets me cry as she listens and offers love and support. She's a treasure and I love her dearly.

She was never able to have children and that makes me sad. She would've been an awesome mom. Still, she taught school for over 30 years, so she got to "mommy" lots and lots of children.

A call last night from a dear, dear friend of over 40 years who lives in far northern Minnesota. She calls me every month on the 18th since Buck died. He died June 18th for those who don't know.

We talk and talk and she lets me cry as she listens and offers love and support. She's a treasure and I love her dearly.

She was never able to have children and that makes me sad. She would've been an awesome mom. Still, she taught school for over 30 years, so she got to "mommy" lots and lots of children.
oh, why am I so weepy........I guess it's the "change"..........and all of your stories collectively and I don't know how many kids I "mommied".......many would just grab me around the waist (when I had one) and tell me that they wished that I was their mothers.........and one girl, Tammie, had a terrible lisp and she drove her parents mad with her incessant talking and she grabbed me around the waist and with spit in my face emphatically told me "Mrs w I just loveths you......"

Kades, I know exactly how it feels to be enamoured with your children... (today anyway!!)
My smile is the whole dinner hour. For once. They ALL ate... including the middle one that NEVER eats dinner.
They ALL scraped their plates after I only asked once.

Then, to top it all off, legogirl is most certainly her mother's daughter.
Bouncing into the dining room she stopped dead in her tracks just now. Scratches her head, turns to me and says, "HUM, I forgot what i was just thinking about!"
Then stares off into the other room.....
"Oh yeah, ICE CREAM mama!"
Some days can be so good....
:)

SQ thanks for the cute story.........Legogirl make me believe that maybe I don't have alzheimer's after all as she is only 3......:ROFLMAO: and if she walks into a room and forgets what's she's there for then all must be well with the world..........

Suzi,
kids are what it's all about for me...I know young mom's need some time for themselves,right now..But store up the things the kids do good and irritating and one day it will all seem both wonderful and something to laugh about..Yours Suzi are little right now and keep you going, mine are grown and have given me one of life's golden treasures, grand babies... I adore each and every one of them
Laurie, I'll gladly share these treasures with you.. I can tell just by talking to you that my grand babies would take to you right now.. I thank my lucky stars for them. Debs, my little ones would love you too, their mom's are teachers and so they would be crawling all over you if they got the chance.. Having friends that the kids would take to makes me happy and I know they would be loved and safe.
kades

Back
Top Bottom