"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 04-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #1311
Executive Chef

That was a lovely story LP!

I just had a 50 minute phone call with my dad, I miss him so much. I've been really down lately and he always makes me smile...especially when he says "don't worry my darling daughter....things are lookin up!"

Old 04-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #1312
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkitty View Post
That was a lovely story LP!

I just had a 50 minute phone call with my dad, I miss him so much. I've been really down lately and he always makes me smile...especially when he says "don't worry my darling daughter....things are lookin up!"
How wonderful for you to have your dear dad with you yet. I miss my dad's phone call's very much. He always "really listened".

Old 04-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #1313
Chef Extraordinaire

Smiles, yes, everyday that I visit here and read everyones adventures..You all make me smile and feel glad over again that I found this site and stayed with it.

kadesma
Old 04-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #1314
Head Chef

DH making me breakfast this morning. Oh he tried, the eggs turned out rubbery and the fruit smoothie was too thick to suck through a straw.

He made me smile because it was so cute that he put in the effort. He put me in the right mind for my job interview today! Love him!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #1315
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
waking up to the sounds of the waves crashing, seeing a blue sky and knowing that I have all day to enjoy it.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:12 AM   #1316
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphellae View Post
DH making me breakfast this morning. Oh he tried, the eggs turned out rubbery and the fruit smoothie was too thick to suck through a straw.

He made me smile because it was so cute that he put in the effort. He put me in the right mind for my job interview today! Love him!
Aww, it is always the thought and effort that counts! Good luck on your job interview!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 AM   #1317
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
waking up to the sounds of the waves crashing, seeing a blue sky and knowing that I have all day to enjoy it.

Enjoy yourself - though maybe I should reply in the vent section (I'm at home with 2 boys driving me crazy) wishing I was there.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #1318
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I went to get my driver's license renewed this morning...
I love living in a small town! Office opened at 8, I was there at 8:15, the first, and ONLY person there!
I'd have been there half the day down in Minneapolis. With smelly people.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #1319
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman View Post
Enjoy yourself - though maybe I should reply in the vent section (I'm at home with 2 boys driving me crazy) wishing I was there.

Well, come on down! There's pleanty for room...
!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #1320
Certified Cake Maniac

Our "daughter" (aka Rent-a-daughter) didn't make it over yesterday and said she really wanted to see me but had to work today at noon (her first day on the job at McDonalds) and so would be here at 10 am sharp. Well, she has lived with us enough for me to know that this would not happen! I don't think she knows what 10 am looks like .

Sure enough, at 10:45 she shows up in a taxi. We hug and cry and tell each other how much we have missed the other one (she moved to Inuvik in September because she wanted to check out the Great White North!). Then she hands me a bag. For those who read my earlier post, the bag contained....a pink hair streaking kit, a can of metalic purple spray paint and 10 different colours of nail polish (not SHADES, but COLOURS!). Thankfully she didn't have enough time to use any of them on me......yet!

Then she says to DH "'Dad', if you drive me to work I will treat you both to lunch (at McDonald's) 'cause I am really really late". He says "gee, it is nice to know you haven't changed". And she giggled and blushed.

I may not be her real Mom, but I think I have all the feelings that go with being one - I want to strangle her and hug her all at the same time!

Now to hide the goody bag before she comes back .

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote