Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having a hard day....
I work with all teenagers on the weekend... the sweetest girls....
A couple of them found me crying back in my bakery today and gave me a hug.
LOL, I have almost 20 years on some of them and I should be the crying shoulder not them!!

SQ- a shoulder to cry on is just that, I don't think age matters. It just shows they care about you. As do we all. I'm sorry your having a hard day. I hope it gets better.

Today was my first day back at church in about 2 months. It was so good seeing everyone again; however my big smile came when I spotted one of my "kids" who hasn't seen me in a long time (sad story about a split marriage and the mother moving away with the kids for spite, Dad gets them whenever she feels like driving them down).

Anyway, the girl, who is 8, was hugging everyone in site and then saw me and wrapped her arms around me as tight as she could. The she suddenly stepped back hesitantly. She said "oh, Laurie I didn't hurt you did I?" Of course she didn't so she hugged me again. Then she said that she was glad I didn't have that awful walker any more and that my cane looked just like her Grandma's. The she told me her Grandpa had a magic cane that he just has to wave and it extends out and when he pushes a button it goes back to small. I told her my cane didn't so anything fancy, it just helps me walk. She said "well, I guess that's a good thing!", hugged me again and went off to her next hug recipient.

That is enough smiles to last me the week!

Aww, Laurie, that is just too precious. Younger kids can be the sweetest, can't they??

My smile came from a pic I received in my email from my cuz, momloves2cook, of my boy dressed up for work in dress pants, shirt and a TIE!!! hehe Beautiful tie and shirt too. I'm very impressed with him!
Can you tell he does not like pics:LOL:

Attachments

• 100_1421.jpg
    100_1421.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 160
Just went out onto the front porch to "stash" what was left of the outside kitties' dinner. Have to hide it from the raccoons.

When I opened the door, Tumble was playing his butt off chasing something. I thought at first it was a mouse, but didn't see any movement from the object Tumble was fascinated with.

Put the food in the "safe" and started back into the house. Tumble still playing to beat the band. Turns our he was torturing an acorn and was having a ball! Made me laugh out loud.

Oh, Katie, that is hilarious! Cats can find the funniest things interesting and the things we figure they would like they don't give a second glance to!

My friend John recently got out of the hospital and today was his 89th birthday. As his children are all out of town, my friend Debbie and I had dinner with him and celebrated his birthday at Judson because we didn't want him to be all alone. And, he had another surprise, May Kay showed up, too! He was thrilled to be in the company of three younger women and I brought a birthday cake and we had presents for him. We just couldn't let his day go by without making it special. The waiter saw him with three much younger women and told him that when he got old, he wanted to be like John. We took pictures and had a wonderful time.

And I have been smiling ever since.

Oh, Pie Susan, that was very sweet of you! I am sure it just totally made John's day too! I am glad he had such a happy birthday!

I love to play Secret Santa and I have one set of gifts ready to be packed and sent by December 1st. I know that my friend will be surprised and happy and thinking about their opening up a huge box with lots of presents always makes me smile.

One of my co-workers just whacked me with a little sponge basketball. I wll pay her back in the morning while she is having her tea. (insert evil grin here)

An online friend surprised me with a wonderful gift made in France (by Matfer) today: JAM PAN#

Besides being all smiles, I am speechless--gobsmacked is more like it!!! Wow! It was on my Wish/Dream List and now it is a dream realized. Happy tears are wonderful tears.

An online friend surprised me with a wonderful gift made in France (by Matfer) today: JAM PAN#

Besides being all smiles, I am speechless--gobsmacked is more like it!!! Wow! It was on my Wish/Dream List and now it is a dream realized. Happy tears are wonderful tears.

Oh, Susan, I have wanted one of these forever!!! You have a wonderful friend. But then again you ARE a wonderful friend too...for example the birthday lunch!

My smile today....I aced physio today going longer and faster on the treadmill and the bike and getting my leg 2 degrees straighter, Okay, I still have 9 to go, but that's progress!!!!!

babetoo, it is not the price of the gift that touched me but that my friend knew it was on my dream/wish list and wanted to make a dream come true for me. We each have had our own hardships of late and she wanted to put a smile on my face like I have done for her in the past. That is all.

I'm smiling just reading all these stories!!! It warms my heart.

My 3 brothers have decided to come visit this weekend. I broke 3 bones in my foot and can't get around too well. My dd is coming over tonight to help me get things ready for tomorrow and spending the night. This will be fun!!! I feel bad that she's leaving the grandkids home with daddy but I'm smiling that we'll be able to spend some quality time together.....cooking, learning, laughing! I'm smiling because she really gets it! I'm so proud of her.

Barb

Back
Top Bottom