Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am too Katie! I have been recording all the Christmas specials and movies. I am recording "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" and will watch it later (I think James will want to see it too, and he is doing something else right now). I'm smiling just thinking of you getting as excited as I do about that! My DVR is already set to record Rudolph tomorrow!

:)Barbara

Last edited:
Katie, my ds (18) and I will watch alot of those specials together too. My dh likes to watch all the old Christmas movies, Miracle on 34th Street, etc.

Susan, that is so nice to hear!!! I'm sure that makes your day more special.:)

Barb

I love the Christmas specials, too........I hope they have the one where the boy with the big glasses and is adorable wants a Red Ryder (?) BB gun and his parents say "no" initially because he could put out his eye.......and the trip they take.......reminds me of my childhood and being crammed into a car and a somewhat grouchy dad....(don't know why he was grouchy..haha....Miracle on 42 Street is also a favorite as well as the Charlie Brown's Christmas, and The Grinch, etc., and many others........

expatty, that's "a christmas story". it's the 25th anniversary of the movie, what has become a cult classic.

i remember going on a date to see it, way back in '83.

there was a convention at the house featured in the movie last weekend.

I think its TBS... they run "A Christmas Story" over and over for 24 hours straight starting Christmas Eve I think....

Still love it after watching it at least 6 times a season!

expatty, that's "a christmas story". it's the 25th anniversary of the movie, what has become a cult classic.

i remember going on a date to see it, way back in '83.

there was a convention at the house featured in the movie last weekend.

That movie was filmed here in Cleveland. My dh was an extra in that movie. His best friend did all the floral arrangements. My mom used to take us downtown every year to that dept. store (Higbee's) to see the window displays and see Santa. lol We love that movie!

Barb

Yup, the movie was filmed here. I haven't been to the museum yet, but it is true, you can eat Chinese food and buy a leg lamp. lol

Now--two people that I am secret santa for have received at least part of their presents. I can't wait to see if they liked what I picked out for them. I am probably more excited than they are!!!!

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer just started on tv... a smile in itself.

But then my oldest (9) reads the title on the guide...
"RUDOLPH?!?!?!! when did they change his name???!!!!! it's supposed to be ROODLE!"

LOL, the kid needs hearing aids or something!

I was busy on the computer writing a column this afternoon when the doorbell rang. It NEVER rings anymore. I came downstairs to answer the door.

At the door was a man I'd never seen before and was a bit apprehensive about opening the door. Since it was daylight and I had one of my small portable phones in my pocket, I opened it.

He extended his hand, with an envelope in it, and said, "Merry Christmas."

It was our daily newspaper carrier hand-delivering Christmas cards to his subscribers.

It was a sweet gesture and my first Christmas card.

I went to a ladies' tea at our church this morning. A friend who battled cancer last year and three days before she found out that she was cancer-free had her house burn completely to the ground was the guest speaker. She moved me to tears because our stories in so many ways have been parallel for the last 12 months.

Anyway, I have been trying to put together pictures that I have from her lost photo albums as I did graduation presentations for her two oldest children and have many other shots of the family at different occaisions. However, with DH having to change jobs 3 times in one year and our border leaving soon, money was tight and I had no idea how I was going to get the 100+ pictures developed.

At the tea I won a door prize and saw a certificate for 50 digital prints at a local photo store. I grabbed it immediately thinking I was half way there. I later told the organizer of the tea how blessed I was to find this to help out my friend. She walked over to the prize table grabbed another envelope with an identical certificate and said with a smile, "here, now you are doubly blessed". I don't know what came first the smile or the tears of joy.

That movie was filmed here in Cleveland. My dh was an extra in that movie. His best friend did all the floral arrangements. My mom used to take us downtown every year to that dept. store (Higbee's) to see the window displays and see Santa. lol We love that movie!

Barb

I know exactly where that house is too. It's on West 11th and Rowley Avenue. Can't believe that was 25 years ago already :ohmy:

My new pup is so funny. He runs and hops like a rabbit. Today he was running back to me and ran over where a large Almond tree was years ago. Since it was higher than the rest of the yard he became air born and then fell..he didn't even break his stride..he kept on coming. He is going on 10 months old now..He has the cutest personality..I hope he never changes. He adds joy to my life and ticks little Dove off to no end.But she puts him in his place..she is still Qween Bea and lets him know that she rules.

Oh, Dove, that is so cute! I love little pups! I remember when our Violet was about that age and she would run figure 8's in the back yard until she would literally flop where she was and sleep.

Probably had to be there to enjoy this. But yesterday there was a meeting at work. Don ( the assistant manger) was getting annoyed with someone who kept talking with their mouth full (gross I know). Anyway lol, Don meant to say Don't talk with your mouthful, or Don't talk while you're eating. I don't know which one, but anyway it came out as Don't eat with your mouthful. It was so funny.

Waking this morning and finding all the posts from all of you...You all make me feel so very special..Thank you
kades

Back
Top Bottom