Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i don't know what anyone else wrote, kads, but i do know that no one deserves our love more. :)
BT,
Bethzering started a thread to make me smile..I've been pretty sick and fighting it like crazy...I know how you feel about me as you've told me now and then and You know how much I care for you and your beautiful family..I may now write often, but know if you need or want, I'm here for you always..You are loved
kades

Kades, you know how much I agree with Bucky T's statement.

DH is on his way to the airport with our border. He has been with us since February and I have really grown attached to him more than any others we have had (though I adore them all). I said goodbye last night and he turned quickly away after we hugged and I knew he was holding back tears, so was I.

Anyway, my smile came at dinner. I made all his favourites from the past 10 months - Stroganoff, asparagus, salad with my own dressing and for dessert apple crisp. I mentioned this in yesterday's dinner thread, but seeing as it is still making me smile I had to add it here.

After his second dish of apple crisp (which I make without sugar or flour as DH is celiac and he is diabetic), he asked if I could pack up a container of it to take with him "in case they don't serve anything good on the plane." I love it when someone loves my food that much!

Kades, you know how much I agree with Bucky T's statement.

DH is on his way to the airport with our border. He has been with us since February and I have really grown attached to him more than any others we have had (though I adore them all). I said goodbye last night and he turned quickly away after we hugged and I knew he was holding back tears, so was I.

Anyway, my smile came at dinner. I made all his favourites from the past 10 months - Stroganoff, asparagus, salad with my own dressing and for dessert apple crisp. I mentioned this in yesterday's dinner thread, but seeing as it is still making me smile I had to add it here.

After his second dish of apple crisp (which I make without sugar or flour as DH is celiac and he is diabetic), he asked if I could pack up a container of it to take with him "in case they don't serve anything good on the plane." I love it when someone loves my food that much!
Now that's one smart kid Laurie..I don't blame him a bit..It's so hard to let those we've grown to love walk away to continue their lives...I hope he keeps in touch as he has a wonderful friend in his sights and that's where you should stay..What a lucky young man..
kades

A slow dance around the livingroom... no reason, no rhyme, just the perfect way to end a love filled weekend. 11 years and there's still so much love... so much to smile about.

A slow dance around the livingroom... no reason, no rhyme, just the perfect way to end a love filled weekend. 11 years and there's still so much love... so much to smile about.
Pds,
The best things in life just pop up when we least expect it...When I see the happiness you and Paul have Or Laurie and Tony it makes me ever so glad to see you so happy..I think when we share our happiness we bring joy to tohers and that is what life is about.
kades

Thanks Kades and Laurie... I know I talk about love a lot...

Sometimes too much?? It's just that it means so much to me. It's New and wonderful and I never thought that anyone would love me. To have found it and to realize after all that I'd gone though that I DESERVED it...well, it still amazes me!

Thanks for putting up with me and my smiles!!

Trish!!

Hey, I think we (society) don't talk about love enough. Don't ever apologize for that. DH called me the other night to say he would be late because one of the residents went out and wasn't back yet. He said he didn't want me to worry and ended the call as he always does "I love you, always and forever". When he got home he told me that the other worker heard this and said 'that is so wonderful, I wish my husband and I had such a relationship where we don't care who hears our expressions of love.'

We are lucky! That's for sure! Keep on doing whatever it is that makes him love you. It is so worth the effort.

That's so wonderful, Trish. Buck and I had 32 years and it wasn't unusual to find us dancing in the kitchen as we prepared dinner. We always said "I love you" as we left to go somewhere or when we spoke on the phone. Little did we know our time together would end before we really got started.

As for the "last thing that made me smile"...

I think the sleep fairy hit my inside kitties with a "tired stick." I looked around the family room and saw the following around the electric radiator:

- Sally asleep and hogging the big heart-shaped basket
- Ashley, Chessie Lou and Miss Rodeo, asleep, crammed into a round basket about the same size as the heart one
- Miss Augie, asleep too, wedged on the floor between the two baskets

Then, Tween, asleep on an afghan on the back of the sofa

I don't got no kitties on my lap.:neutral: THAT'S rare!

Aww, Katie, I am so happy you have so many kitties to keep you company and make you smile...even if they aren't always on your lap!

A lot more hassles about flood stuff today but two good things happened. We got asked out to dinner by some good friends, and I had nothing to wear so I pulled a pair of black pants I used to use for catering and haven't worn in over two years. They fit better than they did when I got them!!!! Now that is reason to smile!

Son's girlfriend called this afternoon!! They are coming to Oregon with us for Christmas after all!!!! We didn't think they would but they are and we are over joyed! It'll be the first time that Shannon will meet the family and I just know that they are going to love her as much as we all do. Having the two of them there with us means so much to both of us. It's the best gift that they could have ever picked out!!

Ah Trish, see how all your good thoughts you send out come back to you? And I have to say you more than deserve this...I hope this is the best Christmas ever.
kades:)

I took a cake decorating class at a bakery with an artist who has twice done cake challenges on the food network and was at the Fabulous Food Show. I felt like a two year old playing with different tips and colored buttercream and I walked out with two cakes. I had such a good time! And, it was fun, relaxing and made me smile.

Back
Top Bottom