"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 04-22-2008, 12:02 AM   #1361
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123 View Post
One of the kids who I tutor at the school.

He makes me feel like a kid again, and I just have to smile & laugh for him when after telling him something from a book we read, he opens his mouth & eyes wide in surprise and amazement! I get a kick out of that!!

Then he'll say; "Boy, I didn't know that! I'm so glad that you're tutoring me. You're telling me a lot of things that I didn't know." Then we both smile at each other!
that's sweet.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #1362
Executive Chef

I was teaching at school this afternoon and the three girls in the group decided that have a spoon in their mouth would stop them crying when cutting the onions. I got some great pics of them working around the table with spoons dangling out of their mouths. BTW It didn't work.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #1363
Executive Chef

Didn't think that it would.

Yes luvs, this kid has my heart and he likes me a lot. I smile at him a lot because he does some amazing things - and boy, he likes to talk! I LOVE being with him and helping him read! Sweet kid! I wish that he were my son!

I love to listen to him talk! He talks me to death and I love it. This is part of why I say that he makes me feel like a kid again. We both laugh, smile and read together. He's very phenomenal!!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #1364
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman View Post
I was teaching at school this afternoon and the three girls in the group decided that have a spoon in their mouth would stop them crying when cutting the onions. I got some great pics of them working around the table with spoons dangling out of their mouths. BTW It didn't work.
OMG, that had to be a sight! Don't you just love it when kids really get into something enough to have fun with it?? I'd love to know what made them think the spoons would help when cutting onions. My kids just like to compete to see who can keep the spoon hanging the longest. I've spent quite a few meals with a table full of spoon-wearing people trying to make each other laugh hard enough to make the spoon fall.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #1365
Sous Chef

I just remembered a good memory this morning that made me smile. When I was teaching kindergarten there was a little boy in my class who was borderline obsessive compulsive. Everything had to be exactly right and in place or he would have a nervous breakdown. One day he was playing a game where he was supposed to match a number word to a numeral. He was using a chart on the wall to make sure he got it right. He had ever number matched up except for five and he came to me saying he couldn't find that one (keep in mind the game was handmade and therefore hand-written). I went with him to the chart and we compared the letters f-i-v-e on the game to the chart on the wall and I said, "See, they match." He said, "No they don't! (pointing at the handmade one) This one has a yonger yine!" I guess I should have printed letters for the game!

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #1366
Traveling Welcome Wagon

That is so funny and cute Michelle!

What made me smile this morning was when Cubbie (German Shepherd) jumped up in bed with me. He sat next to me and was looking down at me with a big "smile" on his face! It was so cute!

Barbara
Old 04-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #1367
Master Chef

I am smiling big time today because it's my grandson Josh's 6th birthday. He will be coming over tonight to have cake and ice cream. I can't wait to see his little face when he opens his gifts. His mom told me he really wanted a game called FLIPPING FROGS. Luckly I found it at Target. He will be so pleased. He is such a good little boy.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #1368
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I am smiling big time today because it's my grandson Josh's 6th birthday...
Happy Birthday Josh!

Barbara
Old 04-23-2008, 06:16 PM   #1369
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Happy Birthday Josh!

Barbara
Thanks Barbara L, I will show this to Josh when he comes tonight. He will love it!!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #1370
Executive Chef

Getting my first hummingbirds yesterday, this morning one was on the feeder and he/she had it all to it's self no fighting until the 6 feeders yet to come when they all get here.

« Finally | - »