Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
went shopping with granddaughter and great granddaughter, who is 2. very verbal. on the way home she says," go to grandmas, stay a long time."made me smile . how ever she is in love with thomas, my cat. that's why she wanted to stay long time.

The last thing that made me smile was talking to my mom on the phone...she has been really sick, and this was the first time I've really been able to talk to her for weeks. It was truly wonderful!

Congratulations, elsa! Best wishes for your mom to feel well soon. We're glad you've found us.

DC is a great place. Don't be a stranger. There's lots of fun, friendship and information to be had here.

wow, what a great question!! My daughter helping me cook this evening made me smile and my husband texting me that he loved me while we were out together last week.
Every time I get on here I like this place more and more. I am quickly finding out what great people are on here.

Was rummaging around in my purse today as I sat at the drive-thru at the bank. I discovered a pencil-printed note from my grandson, Seth.

I was in Atlanta visiting Seth and his family during Thanksgiving and, apparently, he stashed the note in my purse when I wasn't looking.

He's going to be 9-years-old on Valentine's Day and very smart.

The note said, "Grandma, this is for you to remember us. Love, Seth, Rhyley and Aiden. I love you."

How could I NOT smile.

Was rummaging around in my purse today as I sat at the drive-thru at the bank. I discovered a pencil-printed note from my grandson, Seth.

I was in Atlanta visiting Seth and his family during Thanksgiving and, apparently, he stashed the note in my purse when I wasn't looking.

He's going to be 9-years-old on Valentine's Day and very smart.

The note said, "Grandma, this is for you to remember us. Love, Seth, Rhyley and Aiden. I love you."

How could I NOT smile.
Ah Katie you have one like my Cade they are pure joy..I bet that note just filled your heart with love..Hugs to you and your sweet Seth
kades

so when is Seth leaving a note in my purse????? Is he up for adoption??? Oh, what a great legacy you have left, Katie with your grandson, Seth..........he will be every girl's dream....kind and considerate.....you and Buck have done a great job!!! hugs.......

Everyone deserved it. Especially with our hectic time approaching.
When I say Christmas Eve is a nightmare that's an UNDERstatement.

I know! I've worked retail. Son and "maybe" someday future DIL still do...

Goodness... It SUCKS around the holidays! They were both lucky enough to get X-mas Eve off this year...but DIL has to go in on Christmas to help stock and do other chores...boo-hiss!!

I took a cake decorating class at a bakery with an artist who has twice done cake challenges on the food network and was at the Fabulous Food Show. I felt like a two year old playing with different tips and colored buttercream and I walked out with two cakes. I had such a good time! And, it was fun, relaxing and made me smile.

Oh, who was it? I think I have seen every cake challenge on FN! I am so glad you had a good time. I find my cake decorating very therapeutic, even on the most complicated cakes and stiff deadlines. Do you have pictures of your cakes?

Everyone deserved it. Especially with our hectic time approaching.
When I say Christmas Eve is a nightmare that's an UNDERstatement.

I remember working as a teenager in my Dad's drug store. It was amazing how many men (and some women) would come rushing in at 10 minutes to 6:00 on Christmas Eve (stores actually closed at that time for the holidays back then) to find a gift for their S/O or parent or even child. We had cosmetics, perfumes, cards, chocolates, a few toys and not much else. They would take ANYTHING, and even fight over "last of's". I feel for you. One guy that stands out bought a carton of cigarettes for his wife and even had me wrap it for him!!!!

My middle son today had his kindergarten pre-screening.
(I was pretty worried because he can be stubborn)

They have him do things like stack blocks, recognize rhymes, etc.....

In the middle of his last stack.... he stops before the last block goes on....
my heart stopped.....

He says to the lady...
"You know, I really love my Mom....." (I'm BEAMING!)
lady says "oh I bet you do!!"
Nathan...
"but, I really don't like my Dad..." (heart stops again....)
lady says "oh, why not?" (with the tone of oh boy I got a live one here I can't wait to call child protection!!!!!!!)
Nathan....."because he makes me and my brother clean our room."
And proceeds to very carefully add the last block.

WHEW!!!!!!
Such a goofball... gotta love a rollercoaster!

Nope he was home with legogirl it was thier naptimes. :)
I can't wait to tell him!!!

I have just got back from a really nice meal out with the committee and staff of the preschool I work for - our Christmas treat. It was a lovely relaxing, chatty evening with some good food.

Back
Top Bottom