Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
0!!!

Kid you not. my work is pretty much all email based and phone based. I used to read every email to be on top of everything. I gave that up years ago. Too much work and they keep on cutting staff.

I love MS Outlook becuase I can create filters to sort the important emails such as the ones from DC and i guess the bosses.
now we are in a production freeze so i should be back on here more often thank god. IVe been reading the posts but jsut no time to respond and keep up.

Made me smile...and made me cry.

I went outside to throw some trash in the big trash can. As I opened the door, I noticed a big box outside on the doorstep. I was in the kitchen all day and didn't hear anyone pull up or anything.

Opened the box and this was inside. It's huge and crammed full. It's absolutely gorgeous and I hate to disturb the beautiful basket full of goodies.

It was sent from the lady who has been helping me with my financial stuff. How sweet!!!

Aww Katie, that looks so yummy!! What a sweet lady!! Have her come over and make some tea and some of the goodies on a plate. I hope you enjoy every single bite too!!!

Katie, that was such a wonderful gesture...then you are a wonderful person. Enjoy!

Susan, that is priceless. I wonder if I still have the video of our Violet when she was a pup taking apart a snowball that was about 2.5 feet in diameter!

I am over the moon over all the kindnesses that I have received from you all. I am making friends and am surprised at all the karma points that I have gotten in a very short time. Thank you everybody. You have put a big smile on my face and I really am glad that you are enjoying all the recipes that I have shared. My intent is to keep certain memories alive of people and tastes and celebrations. Thank you one and all. And enjoy!!!!

My son... he's happy.

You can hear it in his voice, see it in his eyes and feel it in his hugs.

Expat's description in the venting thread about what was probably going through the minds of the two rude sales lady's. You are probably right! LOL!!!!

Thanks Laurie... someday... I'll tell ya all the reasons why... but
his happiness is long in coming and hard fought. As always it's a good thing.

Dave Hutchins got his rye sour to work right and taste as it should. Wow--now, if you ever tried, you would know what kind of accomplishment that is. Homemade Real NY corn rye bread--hopefully with kimmel. I can remember leaving the Jewish bakery with my mom when I was little with the bread slightly warm and our eating some of it on the way home. mmmmmm

DH playing with his 3 nephews yesterday at his family's Christmas celebration. He was lying on the floor playing battleship against the two older ones (9 and 6) with the 5 year old sitting on his back "pretending" to play too. I got a picture. This is significant because he doesn't get to see them very often and they don't get enough adult attention from the family.

This morning my 12 year old came down the stairs singing "Blinded By The Light". she cracks me up sometimes.

I took a cake decorating class from Marianne Carroll at the White Flour Bakery Shoppe. She has been on two foodnetwork cake challenges. The first one has aired and she placed second (silver) on the Cirque de Soleil show. The second one has yet to air.
A really cute link Cake Decorating News & Events - The White Flower Cake Shoppe, Beachwood, Ohio shows a food fight they had on their first year anniversary. They are young girls. Marianne went to art school and is self-taught when it comes to baking and decorating. It is amazing how quickly the girls can decorate a cake. They have been in business for two years and are very sweet and nice.

Another link with a great picture of Marianne and her partner Lauren is found here:
Wedding Cake Designers Cleveland area wedding cakes custom wedding and occasional cakes. Ohio cake designer.

Wednesday, I will be taking another cake decorating class--this one will be on using fondant to decorate a cake. I am looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom