"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 05-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #1431
Master Chef

Hey, those of you who still have your moms or mums, let them know how much you appreciate them and the fact that they had the courage to give you life...I'd kill to have my mom here today...she died of cancer at age 30 .......so give your moms a call or a hug on Mother's day

Old 05-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #1432
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
Hey, those of you who still have your moms or mums, let them know how much you appreciate them and the fact that they had the courage to give you life...I'd kill to have my mom here today...she died of cancer at age 30 .......so give your moms a call or a hug on Mother's day
Lovely idea expat and those of us like you and me..We will offer warm hugs to those of us without our moms..My girls and I are going out to pay mom a visit and bring her , her favorite flowers, Mint Julip roses..The last ones dad gave her..will bring him some of his favorite roses as well..
kadesma

Old 05-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #1433
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! Spend T-I-M-E with them!!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #1434
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! Spend T-I-M-E with them!!!!
Thanks, Uncle Bob----you're a doll and an inspiration!!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #1435
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Lovely idea expat and those of us like you and me..We will offer warm hugs to those of us without our moms..My girls and I are going out to pay mom a visit and bring her , her favorite flowers, Mint Julip roses..The last ones dad gave her..will bring him some of his favorite roses as well..
kadesma
Oh, you're going to make me cry....you're so nice to be so appreciative of her memory
Old 05-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #1436
Master Chef

Last thing that made me smile was seeing more birds arrive , the Baltimore Orioles, Rosebreasted Grosbeaks, Catbird, Wood ducks.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #1437
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Thanks for the pic, Barbs!!! I know that you must miss her!!!
Yes, I really do miss my mom. She was my best friend. It's funny, now and then I will have a dream in which she and I are doing something together. It is always something ordinary, like shopping or having lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. When I wake up, I feel happy because I feel like I have just spent quality time with her. That picture doesn't do her justice. She had very thick, baby fine golden blonde hair and dark brown eyes. Her hair never went at all gray.

Barbara
Old 05-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #1438
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
kadesma
Kades, I lost my Mom to cancer 13 years ago, 2 weeks before her 70th birthday. I too will be visiting her and taking her favourite flower...a cymbidium orchid with a tag that says "just 'cause". I used to give her one every once in awhile for no particular reason (or sometimes there was) and I would write that on the card. I have taken one to the cemetary every year.

I do have the wonderful opportunity to spend Mother's Day with my Mother-in-law who is also a very special lady in my life. I am not a Mom myself and combined with losing my own, Mother's Day is a difficult day. But DH's Mom and my rent-a-daughter make it a special day for me.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #1439
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Yes, I really do miss my mom. She was my best friend. It's funny, now and then I will have a dream in which she and I are doing something together. Barbara
Barbara, I have similar dreams about my Mom, or sometimes, when I am doing something we did together, or that she taught me, I get a warm fuzzy feeling as if she is there with me once more.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #1440
Master Chef

she looks like she would be a lot of fun, Barbs.........she was really young when she passed

« Finally | - »