Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The folks here at DC always make me smile, but I have to say my friends last night at Pete's made my evening and my dear friend Beth in Canada!

My inlaws came over today to pick up their itinerary for their flight back to the states (I book it on Expedia for them) and brought rouladen for lunch! I only got a small piece at the family dinner because I felt so lousy, and so they brought a whole pile which we shared and then I had some for supper too! Rouladen will always make me smile, specially when it is made specially for me!

This picture, kinda how I feel right now

funny-pictures-cat-gets-out-of-bed-in-stages.jpg

Last night just youngest daughter, dh, kids and puppy zben were here..we just made pannini's salad, fruit and chips our dinner...left overs can be so nice at times..It was so much fun Ethan and Livi had a shoving match over me til I put one on one side the other on the other side, then I had to deal with Mr. Pup who kept standing up against my legs barking that puppy bark wanting me to hold him too.What fun..Then poor Livi who's dad is here eat this even tho they have had a full plate and cleaned it up..He is one of 9 and you don't waste, well I had told my DH one of these days he is going to get kid payback and last night he did..Poor little Livi up chucked the whole mess came crying to me, then Ethan started to cry for her..oh brother...I ended up with two kids and a dog in my lap again and they all fell asleep..Poor Livi looked up at me before she fell asleep, said I sick Ma hold me and went straight to sleep..While I hate seeing them sick I did enjoy holding and loving them and the pup..Have to say DH made me smile when he very quietly told the kids dad that they had to much at once..He never interferes so this did make me smile, behind my hand of course:)
kades

"A n t i c i p a t i o n!"

I'm excited.:clap: After having an ice storm canceling our meeting last Tuesday, I'm going to meet some of my DC family tomorrow!:wub:

Constance (and her DH, Kim) and I are scheduled to meet tomorrow for lunch and I can't wait.

Don't know, as yet, where we'll be eating, but I think the food will be secondary to the company and the conversation.

Let you know more later. Yeah!!!

I'm excited.:clap: After having an ice storm canceling our meeting last Tuesday, I'm going to meet some of my DC family tomorrow!:wub:

Constance (and her DH, Kim) and I are scheduled to meet tomorrow for lunch and I can't wait.

Don't know, as yet, where we'll be eating, but I think the food will be secondary to the company and the conversation.

Let you know more later. Yeah!!!
WooHoo, Katie!!! I'm so happy for you and Constance and Jim. (And more than a little jealous.) I know it will be just like seeing old friends. Now y'all behave out in public and be sure and post every wonderful detail.:)

I am so excited!!!! I just opened up the ginormous box that was waiting for me when I came home from spending the day with my mom.

Inside I found the perfect American made two handled Peterboro pie basket that would hold not one but two pies--it came with a tray!!! Peterboro has been making these special baskets since 1854. It even has a picture of a pie burnished into the top. MMMMMM Pie!!!!

If that were not enough, he included two sets of evenbake cake strips. And a leather journal and fancy pen (executive style 4-in 1 Pen with D flashlight) Wow!!!!!

Whenever I play in the secret santa game, I always send my gifter a special something that I have baked to say thank you. So, now, I have to figure out what David would like. This is my favorite part of being involved with my old board. I love that we manage to have a really special holiday gift exchange.

(We also set up a fund in case someone gets gypped and so everyone gets remembered. It has not been often that this has happened--we have been lucky)

PS My secret santa explained about "The Pie Basket": When I found this 2 pie basket made by a great american basket company, it had to be yours.. And to personalize it we (I got the graphic, my mom traced it on for me, & robert (his mom's boyfriend's son) did the woodburning with some extra touchs) woodburned a pie into the top.

Now, isn't that the coolest thing?!!!!!!

David has muscular dystrophy and has made it into his twenties. He is a lovely young man who loves bread and lives in Arkansas. So, I guess I shall be overnighting him some bread as soon as I get a cloche. I also want to make some challah. I am still sooo excited!!!!!

Last edited:
Quite simply..... DC!!!!!!! whenever I come here I am always welcomed & no matter how bad my day is going.......someone here puts a smile on my face!!!!! Thank You!!!!!;)

Quite simply..... DC!!!!!!! whenever I come here I am always welcomed & no matter how bad my day is going.......someone here puts a smile on my face!!!!! Thank You!!!!!;)
We love all our family members and want to make you all happy..

kadesma:)

My DH, tired as he was and unable to eat much, took me for Chinese food, just cause I wanted to. He had to help me over the icy sidewalk and then drive on icy streets, but we had a nice meal and came home. How could I not smile when I am loved so much.

My DH, tired as he was and unable to eat much, took me for Chinese food, just cause I wanted to. He had to help me over the icy sidewalk and then drive on icy streets, but we had a nice meal and came home. How could I not smile when I am loved so much.
How special, so glad to see you both so close and ahppy
kades

I found my mom snuggling under the blankets and she invited me inside. We chatted in bed together and she was very happy that I visited. She said the best part of dinner last night was dessert. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom