Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok ok gotta brag once in a while, or daily, whichever.... my little one has been on a ROLL lately. Just the last week, anything she can possibly do to get under my skin, she does it and does it well. But today, she drew me a bouquet of flowers, and said that one word, sorry, and I had to hold back the tears. Through all the stress of the holidays, a simple smile can turn your world around!!! I would insert a pic, but can't figure it out!!!!

That reminds me of what my grandson did. It was time for him to go home so he had taken my dry-erase board from the fridge and said "mema, in case you forget who I am, I'm going to write my name on this." I said "OK". He said "Mema, in case you forget how I look, I'm going to draw a picture of myself on here." I said "OK". That has been quite a while back and his name and self photo is still on the front of the fridge. I get a big smile each time I see it.

I just looked at a picture of my mom and dad.:)

Last edited:
pdswife said:
Paul just called.. he's on his way home!

So sweet! I miss that butterfly-happy feeling when they pull in the driveway and ya wanna do cartwheels! Where's texasgirl's green with envy thread again?

For me it's taking a break from working too hard..and visiting here again! The season is a hard one...hope to get back on here steady soon. I miss you all!

wasabi said:
I just looked at a picture of my mom and dad.:)

you will never know how much your parents love you, until you become a parent unto your own.
no more true words were ever spoken.

another fave:
children are a reflection of their parents.

wasabi, your parents must be some very special people...

I'm smiling just reading about all your smiles:) But, I did have one great big grin today...Got to take Cade to school today and walk him to his classroom..I was then introduced to his kindergarten teacher and a group of little kiddos who wanted to know if this was "Ma" Now that sure boosted the old ego:LOL:

kadesma

I was babysitting the other day and after I got there the kid's mother said the little boy was overjoyed to know I was coming!

Cameron

Getting ready to go out to dinner with "The Golden Girls". 3 friends from high school who have stayed the best of friends. I'm the tallest, so I'm Dorothy.:LOL: Thinking about the fun we'll have is making me smile.

Today is the County 4-H open house, and also Friday Funday (get to work with little kids!!!)!

Cameron

My friend and neighbor left me an early Christmas gift today!!!
I LOVE snowmen and she found two of the cutest oversized coffee cups and a big salad type bowl with the cutest snowmen painted on them. They are so nice and I can't wait to use them. We're going to a Christmas Eve potluck at her house and I'm going to fill the bowl with something yummy. I'm thinking of a spinach salad. Or is that too spring like??

i'm smiling today, because i not only got a lot of kudos and atta-boys on the party yesterday, but a few guys from other departments asked me to cater their upcoming retirement parties, and a few more asked for my recipes, they were so impressed.
there were a few parties going on, and hands down, everyone said ours blew theirs away.

Congratulations, Bucky, good job!!!

Last thing that made me smile, sending off a gift to a very special lady!

The last thing that made me smile today was seeing my 2 year old play limbo with my son's 6th grade class. They were having their Christmas party and playing games. Seeing all of them enjoying put a smile on me.

Paul called and said he was bringing me a surprise!

I think it's chocolate milk to dip my mocha cookie in. Yummmmy!

Back
Top Bottom