Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am melting some chocolate to temper it. I am finally finishing the truffles I started. ;-) It is snowing, too--so I figured now is a good time to play in the kitchen.

I love how my hands smell of chocolate after I am done tempering chocolate and dipping even after I have washed them--they are softer from the cocoa butter, too.:)

Last edited:
I spent two hours with my mom this evening and she had a really wonderful evening. I was so happy I could cry. It was the sharpest she had been a so long. It was amazing!
PS She had two Black Forest Truffles and was in Seventh Heaven. She loves my ability to bake, make candy, jam etc.

I had a very blah day (feeling very stupid and useless) and my best friend, Christi made me smile. She is determined to move me forward in my plans (that I have had since September but haven't yet acted on) and has set up my first baby steps, part of which includes shutting down my computer and going to bed the very second I post this message. Christi always knows how to make me smile!

:)Barbara

I had a follow-up appointment with my physiotherapist, first in a month. I knew it would be a tough appointment because my leg has been swelling and painful of late. But my smile came when I showed up with three small tins of goodies I made for my primary therapist, her assistant and the receptionist who is such a sweetie. They were all thrilled.

Anyway, when we were trying to figure out what was causing the problems, I said that maybe with the weather I was not active enough. Without missing a beat my physio says "or maybe you have been too active....doing all this baking - but don't get me wrong, I am so glad you did". Truthfully I think my baking is a selfish act. I do it so recipients will make ME smile!

In addition to smiling, I'm laughing like a fool. I was looking for something worthwhile to watch on TV tonight when I stumbled on a channel that was airing a live performance of "Cyrano de Bergerac." It's great and I've done nothing but smile and laugh since I tuned it in.

One thing that's especially amusing is the girl who is playing Roxane, looks for all the world like little younger Julia Roberts.

Last edited:
In addition to smiling, I'm laughing like a fool. I was looking for something worthwhile to watch on TV tonight when I stumbled on a channel that was airing a live performance of "Cyrano de Bergerac." It's great and I've done nothing but smile and laugh since I tuned it in.

One thing that's especially amusing is the girl who is playing Roxane, looks for all the world like little younger Julia Roberts.
I love it when I find a treasure like that..I'm so tired of all these shoot em ups and violence..

kades

...and reality shows. Hey, I live "reality." I don't need to watch it on TV for my evening's escape.:ohmy:
Same here, I've had enough reality for the whole forum and so have you..Between us well, you know...
kades

I loved that movie too, Babe. I smile at DH because he is constantly singing ABBA songs since we watched it on the weekend.

My latest smile though is that I MADE IT TO POOL THERAPY TODAY!!!! First time in a month. And I feel so much better - my leg is still swollen and sore, but the rest of me feels so much better and I have more energy. On top of that, DH is off all day and I am seeing my Dad tonight. My day is just one big smile!!!!

I loved that movie too, Babe. I smile at DH because he is constantly singing ABBA songs since we watched it on the weekend.

My latest smile though is that I MADE IT TO POOL THERAPY TODAY!!!! First time in a month. And I feel so much better - my leg is still swollen and sore, but the rest of me feels so much better and I have more energy. On top of that, DH is off all day and I am seeing my Dad tonight. My day is just one big smile!!!!
Yeah, if pool thrapy makes you feel so great, you make sure you go the next time even if you have to step over the fall out:LOL: Really do you realize how wonderful you sound? it makes me smile just to see the "smile" in your words. Hugs to you and Tony and to your dad, enjoy your time with him tonight.
kades

It's colder than blue blazes here, but I made up my mind I wanted to go look at velour jogging suits today and I DID IT!!!! I've been saying this since just before Christmas and always end up just staying home, today out we went found two purses I really need now, with all I have to take with me then found two suits and I'm one big happy camper..Now I'm at home in front of the pellet stove with a cup of orange spice tea waiting for my daughter and me two boys Cade and Carson..This and a special friends smiles what a day
kades

I put my mom to bed tonight. I helped her brush her teeth and get undressed and tucked her into bed with a kiss. It was very sweet. I had her put on the new flannel nightgown I bought her for Hannukkah.

I put my mom to bed tonight. I helped her brush her teeth and get undressed and tucked her into bed with a kiss. It was very sweet. I had her put on the new flannel nightgown I bought her for Hannukkah.
Ahh Susan,
how sweet and warm...I'm so happy you can do this for your mom...Bless you both
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom