"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 05-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #1511
Chef Extraordinaire

my custom ordered floor tile, is in at lowe's. soon i will have a new kitchen floor. can hardly wait.babe

Old 05-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #1512
Master Chef

Looking at my sweet cat laying on her back , sleeping.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #1513
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
my custom ordered floor tile, is in at lowe's. soon i will have a new kitchen floor. can hardly wait.babe
WooHoo Babe! What color is it? We need more details, please.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #1514
Certified Cake Maniac

I spent the last four hours with my in-laws (no that isn't the smile, but it isn't that bad either ). We ended up taking them on a tour of the new warehouse at DH's work that is still being built, then we next door to the current one. It is kind of a Costco-like operation except the workers are in third stage recovery and are learning skills to get back into the workforce. I love all the guys but have my favourites, and one is a really shy man who can play classical piano like you wouldn't believe. He has been having a rough time the last week or two and when he saw me his eyes lit up and he gave me an (almost) toothless grin. We chatted for a few minutes and then as I was walking on and he was getting back to work I turned back and said "You have to come over one of these days and try out MY piano, it's a Heintzman Upright Grand". Well he just beamed from ear to ear and said shyly that he would love to take me up on that and I said I would make sure he did. That was an hour ago and my face and heart are both still smiling! It doesn't take much to brighten up these guys' lives and you get so much back.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #1515
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
WooHoo Babe! What color is it? We need more details, please.
it is a armstrong tile. white and a little offset on each tile has a small bunch of flowers. there is just a hint of blue in some of the flowers. 12by12tiles.

my house is done in blue accents and white( most of my furniture is white cept in puter/sewing room. there also is a hint of yellow here and there. the tile will be perfect i think. might have enough left to do small bathroom, which is a soft yellow and white. with the blue provided with hydrangas both on the wall and in a yellow ten pitcher. am i a little to into this house? probably!

i am so excited, looked at this on line for two months and finally said this is the one.

babe
Old 05-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #1516
Executive Chef

It sounds lovely, Babe! I think blue and yellow are such pretty accent colors together - reminds me of a French country home. I hope you can posts some pictures when it's done. (Also, I think you are very brave to have white furniture. It makes me nervous to even think about it with 5 boys!)
Old 05-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #1517
Certified Cake Maniac

It sounds very nice and cheery, Babe. Congratulations.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:31 AM   #1518
Sous Chef

Talking

today walking to the EL in the pouring rain with no umbrella I paused anayway like I always do to check on the crepe myrtle tree planted by the park commission in front of my neighbors house late last fall. I know they bud late but I was starting to worry that it hadn't made it through the winter because everything else is green allready and I was excited about having a crepe myrtle on the block (I got a Japanese Lilac this spring you just sort of get whatever they give you) Today I noticed it was covered in buds I guess the warm weather we had plus all the rain finally woke it up.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #1519
Sous Chef

my maid added black cumin seed in boiling water instead of tea leaves.
radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #1520
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
David and Shannon brought me some beautiful roses yesterday. A combo birthday/Mom's day gift. It was a really nice visit. They both work Sunday so we celebrated a little early.

« Finally | - »