Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spending the weekend with Cade and Ethan,getting special hugs and kisses from them last night..We had such a wonderful time..My Cade held my hand til he fell asleep, Ethan place his hands on the sides of my face, put his little nose on mine gave me a kiss and said love you ma...No that is the best sleeping pill in the world...Carson and Olivia sat beside me at dinner each doing things to get attention..Carson asked when he could spend the ight..Answer soon, very soon..I'm one happy Ma tonight
kades

Aww cj, that's wonderful!

I'm smiling because of an email I got today. Do you remember me mentioning the cute young couple from Germany that we met on the boat tour in Manhattan? Our camera battery had died, and we pointed out the moon over the Brooklyn Bridge--it was beautiful. They took a picture of it, and we asked them to send us a copy. I got an email from them today. They had computer problems and weren't able to write before, but they sent us that picture, as well as some others of New York, and of their village in Germany. I invited them to check out DC (we told everyone on our trip about it), so hopefully they will join us.

:)Barbara

PLease keep in mind that I love my husband...and I love my friends... and I love my life...

But...after having people here since wed. and being busy... I'M ALONE!!! AND IT FEELS GOOD! QUIET IS NICE! ( i'm sure i'll miss Paul in 20 minutes, lololol but for now, it's nice)

PLease keep in mind that I love my husband...and I love my friends... and I love my life...

But...after having people here since wed. and being busy... I'M ALONE!!! AND IT FEELS GOOD! QUIET IS NICE! ( i'm sure i'll miss Paul in 20 minutes, lololol but for now, it's nice)
Don't feel guilty about that Trish..I know that feeling so well..Those half hours or even a weekend alone are our way of rebuilding so we can share our lives with love not resentment..We treasure a hot bubble bath alone no kids banging on the door..That luch with a girl friend..I find when they are over I'm looking forward to seeing DH and getting a hug and kiss and one of his constant questions..They might irritate me, but by golly they are mine!!! Enjoy and rest Trish you will feel so good later
kades

Don't feel guilty about that Trish..I know that feeling so well..Those half hours or even a weekend alone are our way of rebuilding so we can share our lives with love not resentment..We treasure a hot bubble bath alone no kids banging on the door..That luch with a girl friend..I find when they are over I'm looking forward to seeing DH and getting a hug and kiss and one of his constant questions..They might irritate me, but by golly they are mine!!! Enjoy and rest Trish you will feel so good later
kades

Kades... you should write a book of wisdome!;)

I have three smiles now!

I was happy spending the whole morning (smile number 1) with Tony going to doctors, shopping, making lunch together and then working out a plan to get ready for our carpets FINALLY being installed on Thursday (yay, smile number two). But when he left it was really nice to just sit down and regroup to figure out how I will do my stuff in my own way :LOL:. Then he called me 7 times in the next twenty minutes just to ask if he should wait for the prescriptions as he had time before going to work, then to tell me he WAS waiting, then did we need anything at Costco, next "they have such and such", he was leaving Costco, then did I want to pick out hardwood samples for him to look at tomorrow and finally that he was at work and got everything.

My last smile is that Trish was happy to be alone and was sure in 20 minutes she would miss Paul. Tony never gives me a chance to miss him :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....but that's okay too!

Alone.....I'm trying to remember what that is. I think I was alone once.:ermm:

Really, it has nothing to do with how much you love the people you live with. It's just nice to have the chance to miss them occasionally! What did you do with your time, Trish? People have asked me what I will do when the kids are finally ever gone. The first thing that comes to mind is to walk buck naked from the shower to the bedroom!!!

ok, one thing making me smile is seeing the landscaping coming together in my yard.......our yard has been looking .........well.....let's just say I apologized to a few of the close neighbors.........I'm only here for a few months of the year and my son is NOT Johnny Appleseed..he doesn't know a weed from an ornamental...in Houston this is the time of the year to be planting.... our summers are brutal to plants...it's really looking beautiful and I can't wait for it to be finished which should be this Wednesday.......the front planter is going to be full of rosy pink fashion azaleas which will bloom several times a year (similar to rhodendrons but it's too hot for them in zone 9).........I wished that I could do it myself but.......

Having a movie date with Mr. Mr. yesterday and then having a quiet meal together..it was wonderful, right now he is cutting the meat for pasties and tonight Ethan, Olivia Mommy and Daddy will join us for pasties, salad and chocolate cake and ice cream...now that makes me smile:LOL:Plus knowing many of my DC family are smiling too
kades

This is more than a smile, it is an out and out belly laugh! My little bichon, Joie, just dragged the bigger dog's food dish (half his size) all the way from the kitchen, down two halls and here into the office. Do you think he is hungry? Maybe suffering from delusions of grandeur? LOL!! I guess I better go feed him. I just had to share, it was too cute!

a few things that my little buddy did this past week.

he started crying the other night while eating his dinner. i asked what was wrong, and he said that he didn't want to sell the house and move this year.
i kept asking why, and telling him all of the great things that he would have in a new, bigger house.
he finally blurted "but home is where the heart is!!!! this is our home!!!"

i couldn't understand where that was coming from. where in the world did he learn it?
but then i heard the tv on in the living room. one of his kiddie shows was on, and they were singing a song called "home is where the heart is..."

the next thing he did that made me both smile and wince was when he told one of his doctors that she had nice boobies. :D (she doesn't, but at least i know that he's batting for our team...)
my wife was mortified (and laughed too, but mostly embarrassed), and apologized, and explained to him that you don't say that to a woman. then, she made me explain it to him. many, many times. :angel:

i know it must make me look like a creep teaching him things like that, but i didn't, necessarily. he meant it as a compliment, and there's a simple explanation. a log time ago, he and i were playing lions, waiting in the brush for our prey (mommy) to walk by. he said, "we'll pounce on mommy's big butt". well, mommy didn't like hearing that too much, so i told him to pay her a compliment and say "nice butt".:cool:
i taught him that it makes people feel good to pay them compliments. i guess he was expanding on that with his doc.

the last thing that made me smile was when i was heading back into work saturday night. as i was leaving, he told me to have a nice day, and have a very happy new year. :)

my legs and feet hurt from cooking in MY kitchen all day for once and not from making BAGELS BAGELS BAGELS!!!!!!
:)

Back
Top Bottom