Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hehe...
Hi my name is Suzi and I am a carboholic.....

French baguettes, 2 gallons of chicken stock and chicken noodle (noodles still to make) soup with some of above mentioned stock....

Here's the good news.... I've depleted my chicken carcass hoarding stock in the freezer from 10 to 5!!!!

YAY ME!!!

('scuse me I better go roast a chicken or 4.....)

Receiving a PM from a friend that made me smile and cry at the same time. (In a good way)

I truly love this site and the good people you get to know!!

seeing a horrible-looking yard transformed into something very beautiful........here in TX along the Gulf Coast our planting seasons are quite different from most areas of the US esp. in the Northeast......if you don't do major transplanting by March you are taking major risks......our summers are brutal and plants need to establish strong root systems to endure heat, humidity, and wee beasties so we're talking January and February......my yard is now full of "Fashion" azaleas and other goodies, beds weeded, mulched, and weed protectant cover installed as well.......all have been edged with new rock borders as well.......while home I used to do all of this myself and the yard looked nice.....but I'm not here anymore and there's noone here amongst the living who know a weed from a bush........3 guys over 3 days have performed this miracle.....I just don't have the time with the few months (month) that I'm here.......and I'm not a young chick, either.......anyway it's beautiful ...the Fashion azaleas are a rose red color and can take heat and sun unlike most other varieties and they bloom several times a year.....they also don't take a ton of water either.......

seeing a horrible-looking yard transformed into something very beautiful........here in TX along the Gulf Coast our planting seasons are quite different from most areas of the US esp. in the Northeast......if you don't do major transplanting by March you are taking major risks......our summers are brutal and plants need to establish strong root systems to endure heat, humidity, and wee beasties so we're talking January and February......my yard is now full of "Fashion" azaleas and other goodies, beds weeded, mulched, and weed protectant cover installed as well.......all have been edged with new rock borders as well.......while home I used to do all of this myself and the yard looked nice.....but I'm not here anymore and there's noone here amongst the living who know a weed from a bush........3 guys over 3 days have performed this miracle.....I just don't have the time with the few months (month) that I'm here.......and I'm not a young chick, either.......anyway it's beautiful ...the Fashion azaleas are a rose red color and can take heat and sun unlike most other varieties and they bloom several times a year.....they also don't take a ton of water either.......

I will volunteer to be your January gardener!!!! PLEEEEEEEZZEEEEEE????

Come on board, Girlfriend........I've threatened my son with death if he lets stuff die......I know that you'd kick his bodunkus if you were in charge.....:):):) and give me a few days to sort out the Facebook and how it works.......just too many things going on right now.....

debs

Being invited out to dinner by our oldest son..Each time is such a treat..He is a wonderful man,good husband and the best father and I guess you can tell my very first child...Spoiled me not him:LOL: Just wish we could do this more often..But next time I'm going to cook for him his favorites can't wait
kades

Being invited out to dinner by our oldest son..Each time is such a treat..He is a wonderful man,good husband and the best father and I guess you can tell my very first child...Spoiled me not him:LOL: Just wish we could do this more often..But next time I'm going to cook for him his favorites can't wait
kades

I can only hope that my oldest will turn out as well! Good for him, knowing how to treat the best woman in his life!!

Alone.....I'm trying to remember what that is. I think I was alone once.:ermm:

Really, it has nothing to do with how much you love the people you live with. It's just nice to have the chance to miss them occasionally! What did you do with your time, Trish? People have asked me what I will do when the kids are finally ever gone. The first thing that comes to mind is to walk buck naked from the shower to the bedroom!!!

oh, you are too funny (but I'm imagining running thru the tulips, too):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The last thing that made me smile was my mom still worrying about me and my telling her that everything is fine and will be taken care of by Tuesday. Sometimes, it is nice to be mothered instead of being the caregiver.

Steelers won!! WOOHOO!!
Now, I have to figure out, for whom will I cheer?? My #2 team, steelers or the never been in the bowl, Cardinals?? hmmm, dilemmas dilemmas, hehe

My mom saw the doctor today and she is fine--she has lost some weight and her blood sugar and blood pressure are under control. She just needs a lot of rest these days. I am glad that she got such a good report; I worry about her very much. Then, I took her to lunch and she wanted bacon and eggs. So, bacon and eggs it was.

Yesterday was sunny and warm and full of love. One of those days that you hold in your heart forever. Simple and fun, laughter and smiles. It was good.

My mom saw the doctor today and she is fine--she has lost some weight and her blood sugar and blood pressure are under control. She just needs a lot of rest these days. I am glad that she got such a good report; I worry about her very much. Then, I took her to lunch and she wanted bacon and eggs. So, bacon and eggs it was.
I'm glad your mom's checkup was so good. I hope she enjoyed her bacon and eggs. :cool:

My dog - very old and failing fast at times, was a little way back to his old self today.
It's nice that he had a good day as well. It will be a good day to remember. :cool:

Yesterday was sunny and warm and full of love. One of those days that you hold in your heart forever. Simple and fun, laughter and smiles. It was good.
This made me warm all over, and it made me smile. :cool:

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom