Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting a call from ond of my DC family today, how special these calls make me feel..It just made the whole day sing...Then lucky me
Having dinner out with DH, quiet and time to talk, even tho I'd started my onion soup and made chicken salad..it will keep til tomorrow..I love times like this and the calls from those I love.
kadesma

My contractor just told me my water problems are a bit worse than originally believed and on top of everything I need a new mechanism for my garage door because the old motor gave out but he reassured me not to worry that he was going to take care of me and make sure everything is fixed. Some things will be done today and some things will be done tomorrow. I may spring some leaks that will have to be repaired as well but at least, the work is being done and it will be done right. All the reassurance made me feel so much better. It is just going to be a very big bill. I don't think that I am going to take for granted running water any time soon. lol

Last thing that made me smile, this picture:

2743495509_1d07134cd0.jpg

by ittybittiesforyou via Flickr

Stacy taught me how to post pictures and I have been smiling a lot as I send them to people.
Thanks, Stacy. It has helped as I am waiting for my plumbing to get straightened out.

Well, looks like I need a new garage door and hot water heater and some walls in the garage fixed. Having insurance makes me smile.

What made me smile is my wonderful, thoughtful friends here at DC.

Food related things that also made me smile are National Pie Day, remembering another food day, August 10th which is National Leave a Zucchini on Your Neighbor's Porch Day (not joking!), and a huge pot (11 quarts) of Hamburger Stew (also called Girl Scout Stew when my mom learned to make it in Girl Scouts) on the stove (yep, we're eating late as usual). Hopefully we should have some leftovers. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:)Barbara

My boyfriend's friend called last night and is going to give me a copy of the latest software that I have wanted to learn. It's normally VERY expensive. I can't wait to install it and start learning. :)

An invite for a date night tomorrow... dinner at P.F. Changs ( I know...the foods not the best but it's fun) and a movie. We're thinking of seeing Defiance with Daniel Craig

I am finding it hard to follow the previous post here knowing what we know now about Dave; however I can smile at the memories I have of him "watching out for me and my leg".

My big smile today though is the fact that I got to talk to not one but TWO of my favourite DC'rs! Barbara and James, I was down and I am so glad I decided to call you because I am feeling so much better now. It sure didn't feel like we were talking from opposite ends of the continent!

Doesn't anyone have anything to smile about these days?

I have my second smile of the day came this evening when I met with one of my summer wedding couples. The bride I have known for 10 years and she used to be my assistant web designer and is now in her second year of med school. When we worked together (often over MSN) we would have the same ideas at the same time almost to the point of being spooky.

Tonight she pulled out the sample cake pictures she liked and I pulled out mind and over half of them were the same! And then we started pulling the details together and the concept just came together as if we had rehearsed it before! Her parents and fiance just laughed and shook their heads.

I am going to have so much fun with this cake, and the wedding isn't until june 27th!

Laurie, I was grinning like an idiot all evening after you called!

I'm smiling today from all the silly answers on the Evil Genie thread. That thread always make me smile!

Laurie, I was grinning like an idiot all evening after you called!

I'm smiling today from all the silly answers on the Evil Genie thread. That thread always make me smile!

I couldn't wait until Tony got home last night to tell him how successful the call was. When I told him all the things we talked about he said "how long did you talk?" and I said um well, let's just say we may have to make one less call to your parents this month! :LOL::LOL: But he was glad I was happy.

I just found that game today. It is great. I realize I have a bit of a (harmless) evil streak though!

did a lemon pound cake today that turned out perfect. last time i made one it got stuck in pan. boy did i grease and flour this one. lemon glaze as well , it is beautiful in my cyrstal cake keeper. waiting for it to cool off for a taste.

Back
Top Bottom