Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)I was in Super Walmart at about 8 am and as I shopped I could here the sweetest bird singing up in the rafters. He/she must have swooped in while the doors were open in the garden center or in the receiving back door. It truly made my shopping experience so enjoyable. Plus there was practically no one in the store so I felt like I had the store to myself.:stuart:

Got myself ready and DH and I went birthday shopping for Master Carson. He will be a big boy 4 on Sat..He asked for some puzzles and a Lighting McQueen power car...So we got him the car then had a nice lunch/early dinner..Now tomorrow I get to watch Olivia and Ethan at last. On Friday it will be Carson's turn to spend the day with his Ma..I've waited so long for this...I've missed taking care of my little ones.. At last I feel worth while once more...Say a prayer that I stay well please...
kades

I am so happy for you Kades! I know how much you love the little ones and how they fill your life - just remember that you do the same for them!

Thanks your expat girl. :) Good to hear that other parents have a kid of each kind. People are so judgemental of parents when their kids are disruptive and it is nice to get reassurance that kids are themselves and everything is not because of us.

Not sure the end of the year will make me smile. Nice when the teachers get a few hours of my daughers attitude per day instead of me all day. :ROFLMAO:

I had a 4 year old daughter who begged for "homework" (get this!!!!) taught her to read by the time she was 5 because she begged and my son who went to his first day of 1st grade and he said he didn't like it and didn't want to go back........"Why not?" "cause they make you work and won't let us play in centers".......being a teacher of Early Childhood, Kindergarten and Primary grades I shuddered at the remark.........and I had a real reason to shudder.............I really should have grey toenails now.........I really should........we barely got him thru high school and what was so stupid was this kid was considered incredibly smart......just an underachiever.....I say LAZY..........same same..........anyway he is now a policeman......loving his job........and if he's happy ........I'm happy.....daughter on the other hand is doing what she does best ............arguing the *&^%$## out of legislators on political issues in regards to road issues......(part of her fellowship and being paid peanuts hahaha) and wants to go to law school........if she does.......I'm hiring her first thing.....never met anyone who could argue me to the ground except her....and I have a big mouth.....she and her debate partner did well in the international debate competitions...so hang in there, girl, and don't cry.......believe it or not they will come through if you love them.........sometimes I wasn't all that loving but mad as the dickens.........but he and his family live in our house and take care of it while we're overseas and he'll take me in his big bear hugs and it was all worth the the crying and sleepless nights..........it'll be the same for you, too

Thanks for your support Expat girl. :) Yeah, everybody with that type of kid spends most of the time mad as dickens. They have that effect on parents. :)

Your son is the second difficult kid success story I have heard, so I can hope. I sometimes wonder if my daugher will be able to have a job at all when she grows up with the temperament she has, swinging from one mood extreme to the other every half hour.

I give big dog and little dog each a piece of card board which they love to chew up and spit all over the carpet. Big dog gets a bigger piece, but wants little dog's piece, just because little dog has it. What happens? Little dog ends up with both pieces and big dog ends up wimpering and giving her eeyore impersonation! My wonderful wimp - these two always make me smile!

Laurie, you just have typical fur children.....one trying to show who the other is boss.........cats are fun, too.......put down a paper bag.....one will crawl in and the other will pounce on it......out will come a paw to swipe at the other.......the other will jump on top of the bag......oh, my it's a game you could watch forever........or one will tread softly across the jungle tree limb (back of the couch) and pounce on the other unsuspecting "tiger"......surprise attack......B-52 dive-bombing operation success...yeah, there'd better be a front row seat to scoop out that cat box daily and feed twice a day :):):)...........I'm sure my babies are missing me now........haha!

Laurie, you just have typical fur children.....one trying to show who the other is boss........

:LOL::LOL:Debs, I might call Violet (big dog) anything but typical! We knew that the fact that she was part boxer, part border collie and looked pit bull, that she would be thought of as an aggressive dog. She has the energy of the collie and strength of the boxer and all the characteristics of both. So, from the time she was a puppy we taught her to be gentle and play fair....I guess to a fault, poor thing! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Joie, the bichon cross with the attitude of tiger came along and had basically not been trained in how to play, obey or anything and poor Violet the meek's world was turned upside down. They have been very good for each other and though if they could take they wouldn't admit it, they love each other dearly.

I love them both and don't mind picking up cardboard scraps once in awhile just to see them play!

You are right though, all animals are like children and I wouldn't have it any other way!

We used to a dog that was a cross between a doberman & a labrador. He looked like a doberman but had the lab nature - great for the house security and safe at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom