"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 05-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #1641
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We went to a great play last night. WHile waiting... Paul accidently kicked me when he was getting seated a few mintues later he turned around and bonked me in the nose. I'm not sure why but it made us both laugh until we had tears in our eyes. Good thing the play hadn't started yet.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:49 PM   #1642
Master Chef

that's love. that's so cute.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #1643
Certified Cake Maniac

I was very sore last night and as usual couldn't sleep, so I was sitting on the side of the bed. Our big dog sleeps on her bed on the floor by my side and the little dog has his crate (with door left open) right next to it. I didn't make any noise that I was in pain, but they both came up and licked my bad leg and looked like they were saying "it's okay Mommie, we'll kiss it better". As sore as I was, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #1644
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I was very sore last night and as usual couldn't sleep, so I was sitting on the side of the bed. Our big dog sleeps on her bed on the floor by my side and the little dog has his crate (with door left open) right next to it. I didn't make any noise that I was in pain, but they both came up and licked my bad leg and looked like they were saying "it's okay Mommie, we'll kiss it better". As sore as I was, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear.
(((Laurie))) Aren't furkids the best???!!!Love and energy, Vicki
Old 05-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #1645
Chef Extraordinaire

Smiling feel so good. The smile on my face is from a very special e-mail I got, FROM A VERY VERY SPECIAL FRIEND just a few minutes ago...Thank you you've made my day.
kadesma
Old 06-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #1646
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Here we are...out on the porch. The sunset was a paintbox of colors and is just now fading. Colors I can't even begin to describe. The kittens - Nutmeg, Shadow, Silver and Tumble - have had their supper and have played their hearts out. Right now, most of them are sound asleep in assorted comfy places.

Now, the smiling part. Lightning bugs! They're blinking and twinkling all around us. There are banks and waves of them. What a treat! I have a smile from ear to ear. Love lightnin' bugs. I want to go inside and find an old mayonnaise jar, poke some holes in the lid with a nail and run through the yard to catch my bedtime night light. Maybe I will.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #1647
Head Chef

Oh, I love lightning bugs, too! I had never seen them until we got here. We have a field next to our house and there used to be goats there. One night shortly after we got here, we were sitting out on the patio and I said to Jerry, "Do goats' eyes glow in the dark?" Then we noticed them dancing up and down - lightning bugs! They won't come back until the rainy season starts. Soon.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #1648
Master Chef

2 kiddos of my buddy's.
her 5-year-old was with a 103.5 fever, & i covered her with her blanky & was holding her, then her baby brother (he's 1 1/2) was dancin' away with me & giggling while i sang. i love those kiddos.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #1649
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
DH woke me up from my pre-bedtime couch nap just now before he gets ready for work. :(
Told me to look in the aquarium, our pair of clownfish have laid eggs under thier anemonie!!! I'm so excited! I hope they make it, we'll have our very own little Nemos!!!!
:)
Old 06-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #1650
Chef Extraordinaire

when i woke up this am. i thought i need to clean this house. then i remembered that abel the handyman had already done it this week.

i gotta tell you, that made me smile, big time

babe