"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 06-03-2008, 11:27 PM   #1651
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Buck and I were out on our front porch earlier. All the outside kitties were having their supper and playing afterwards.

We'd been out on the porch for about an hour and looked over at one of the nice fat rails. There, all comfy, was Shadow sleeping like a baby with a big smile on his face. Looked like he didn't have a care in the world. So content and safe. What a sweet little baby. Made me smile lots. I'm so happy to provide such a great environment for these sweet children.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:20 AM   #1652
Master Chef

a comment on myspace from my niece. LOL

Old 06-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #1653
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
The beeper just beeped on the coffee pot. Coffee is ready!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #1654
Chef Extraordinaire

i was just thinking of this past sunday, when my wife and son and i went out for dinner. we were sat in a booth just across from an elderly woman and her mother.

the dinner was pretty much uneventful, as we were able to keep our son busy with a connect the dots booklet as we ate. he even colored in one of the completed pictures and gave it to the waitress, who feigned appreciation.

but what made me smile was at the end of dinner, the two elderly women came over to our booth to compliment us on what a beautiful and well behaved son we have, and that it's a rare thing to hear such a young child say things like "excuse me", "please", and "thank you".

we humbly accepted the compliment, and my boy jumped up and started explaining his latest connect the dot picture.

when they left, he said "nice to meet you, good night" to big smiles from the ladies.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #1655
Certified Cake Maniac

Bucky, you just made me smile! That is so wonderful to hear and you should know that you and your wife being humbled by it is just a testament to why your son is as good as he is. Keep up the good work!

I have another smile - my daughter is moving back here!!! It is only temporary, but I will take what I can get!!!!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #1656
Certified Cake Maniac

Last night, the phone was ringing off the hook. I was on a particularly long call with my elderly father and the caller alert kept beeping and my cell phone kept ringing and I don't like to interupt Dad because he gets frustrated. Finally I got off and saw that all 7 calls in 5 minutes were from DD.

She has been staying at the hospital 24/7 with her BF because he is so sick and really afraid to be alone.

I used our signal of three rings on her cell and she called me back on the hospital phone. She told me she was really waiting to tell me something because she didn't want anyone else to know until I did.

Her BF, proposed to her in the hospital last night in a very romantic way. I am so happy for them that I didn't think my smile could get any bigger..........until 10 minutes later when they called back and said "by the way, you WILL cater and do the cake won't you?" Even though I am having to cut back on work, I am sure you know what the answer was!

Old 06-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #1657
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Last night, the phone was ringing off the hook. I was on a particularly long call with my elderly father and the caller alert kept beeping and my cell phone kept ringing and I don't like to interupt Dad because he gets frustrated. Finally I got off and saw that all 7 calls in 5 minutes were from DD.

She has been staying at the hospital 24/7 with her BF because he is so sick and really afraid to be alone.

I used our signal of three rings on her cell and she called me back on the hospital phone. She told me she was really waiting to tell me something because she didn't want anyone else to know until I did.

Her BF, proposed to her in the hospital last night in a very romantic way. I am so happy for them that I didn't think my smile could get any bigger..........until 10 minutes later when they called back and said "by the way, you WILL cater and do the cake won't you?" Even though I am having to cut back on work, I am sure you know what the answer was!
WooHoo Laurie!!!! You're gonna have a wedding! Congrats to all - I am so happy for ya'll. I just finished making a wedding dress and bridesmaid and flower girl dress for my close friend's daughter so I'm in wedding mode. Weddings always make me smile - two lives joining together to face the world.

Promise to post all the minute details, and of course pics of the cake, so that we can enjoy it too. Plus, since none of my kids will get married, I have to live vicariously through you. And I NEED a wedding!!! Seriously, I'm thrilled for all of you and no one deserves this joyous happening more than you, girlfriend.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #1658
Certified Cake Maniac

You got it Terry, you will think that you were actually at the wedding by the time I get finished! Of course they are going to wait until their health improves to make any decisions, but it is going to be great!

Old 06-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #1659
Executive Chef

We saw the baby swans and baby geese on our way to the store! Sooooo adorable! It's the first time I've seen baby geese. Seeing them made my day!
Old 06-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #1660
Chef Extraordinaire

found thomas asleep on the yarn in my craft closet. he is a cutie putie. that is why i get so upset when he gets outside. he makes me smile everyday.

babe

« Finally | - »