Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's late here. Almost midnight, but my new inside kitty, Tumble, has gotten his second wind and has been digging through the toy basket. He's pawed and pulled bunches of toys out and has been flipping and tossing balls and stuffed "things" all over the family room.

Tumble is the last of my outside kitties that wasn't poisoned and he's been a joy to have inside. He was a year old on March 11th, so he still has a lot of "play" in him.

He snuggles and plays and LOVES. He makes me smile a lot.

It's late here. Almost midnight, but my new inside kitty, Tumble, has gotten his second wind and has been digging through the toy basket. He's pawed and pulled bunches of toys out and has been flipping and tossing balls and stuffed "things" all over the family room.

Tumble is the last of my outside kitties that wasn't poisoned and he's been a joy to have inside. He was a year old on March 11th, so he still has a lot of "play" in him.

He snuggles and plays and LOVES. He makes me smile a lot.
Now that makes me not only smile, The picture of him tossing toys makes me laugh.Lucky Tumble, he's safe now.
cj

my granddaughter is here to visit. i helped raise her and she always remembers me on mothers day. she has gone for chinese food for the both of us. even her name "saige marie" makes me smile.

you guys, as usual. tumble..... :)

i grinned so many times today. i cannot explain!
i'm saying my thank-you prayers!

my latest grin- my Mum is not going to work tomorrow so we can spend a morning together! she'll be here very early & she's staying till noon. i love my Mom.

My Dad walked into the computer room with a fudgecycle for me. I had just been thinking of going to get one!

Luvs and Babe, you always make me smile too!

Last edited:
My Dad walked into the computer room with a fudgecycle for me. I had just been thinking of going to get one!

Luvs and Babe, you always make me smile too!
Ah Laurie, I'm so happy hearing about your dad..Give him a hug for me..You both make me smile.
kades

THIS!
img_821168_0_93dec41eca83b59884bb40d22cad258b.jpg

my Mom's supporting me in staying on for further schooling. although she didn't fail to mention i have plenty of time. so now i can't decide whether to apply for
another few programs at my shcool or whether to apply at Pitt.

My 19 yr old son came home from his first year at college today. We all survived. :wacko:

Now the last thing that brought a little tear? Les, that sweet picture of your little angel, it just reminds me that time has flown by so quickly. But I'm just nostalgic, not sad, I enjoyed every minute. I know you are too.

When my dad was alive, he had an affinity with all bird, dogs and even cats, but his favorite was the hummingbird..I'd watch from his kitchen window when there as he would go to hang up new food..As he stepped off the step a bird or two would circle and land on the perches and drink. He would stand still till they had, had enough and then continue to where he would hang the container. When he would go out to water his roses here they would come fighting and fussing to drink from the hose..Dad would hold the hose and talk softly to them until they finished. Now my turn has come:) I was out watering and adding water to the fish pond when here comes a tiny black and bright green hummer, he starts for the flowers on my Meyer lemon, looks at me and comes so close I though he was going to land on my head, I could feel the soft breeze from his little wings. Although a moment, it was if my dad was there whispering to the two of us..Tears, yep. good ones tho. Now I'm smiling.
kades:)

Aww, Kades, what a lovely memory. I really know what you mean. My Mom has been "whispering at me" a lot as we go through all her treasures and I bake her recipes. You have me smiling through good tears as well.

Aww, Kades, what a lovely memory. I really know what you mean. My Mom has been "whispering at me" a lot as we go through all her treasures and I bake her recipes. You have me smiling through good tears as well.
Hold on to those memories, they will serve you well. Funny, my mom at my dad's urging called me often about how did I fix that meal they had last sunday..My dad's dump it or that was good at what I fixed when at home, help me more than I knew at the time. As a young teen it drove me crazy because I had a lot of responsibilities each day...Now, I can breeze through most things and come out tired but not frazzled. I have my moments, but when something like this happens it makes me realize there is life after.
kades

When my dad was alive, he had an affinity with all bird, dogs and even cats, but his favorite was the hummingbird..I'd watch from his kitchen window when there as he would go to hang up new food..As he stepped off the step a bird or two would circle and land on the perches and drink. He would stand still till they had, had enough and then continue to where he would hang the container. When he would go out to water his roses here they would come fighting and fussing to drink from the hose..Dad would hold the hose and talk softly to them until they finished. Now my turn has come:) I was out watering and adding water to the fish pond when here comes a tiny black and bright green hummer, he starts for the flowers on my Meyer lemon, looks at me and comes so close I though he was going to land on my head, I could feel the soft breeze from his little wings. Although a moment, it was if my dad was there whispering to the two of us..Tears, yep. good ones tho. Now I'm smiling.
kades:)

after my husband was murdered, a humming bird came to me in my daughters yard. i joked that it must be dad , to my daughter. he was always on the move. i have lived in at least four places since then. in each one a hummingbird has come. even once in a tree that had no flowers. it comforts me, even though it must be just a coincidence. who knows

after my husband was murdered, a humming bird came to me in my daughters yard. i joked that it must be dad , to my daughter. he was always on the move. i have lived in at least four places since then. in each one a hummingbird has come. even once in a tree that had no flowers. it comforts me, even though it must be just a coincidence. who knows
I feel like that too, I just didn't know how to say it without seeming strange..It's nice to know someone else who has that feeling :) And I feel the comfort and easing of missing them lessen.
kadesma

Babe and Kades, my mother used to love the hummingbirds. She had at least one feeder, and had glass birds hanging in her kitchen window. I found them last week and after reading your posts know that I will be hanging them in my kitchen window today. And even though we aren't supposed to, I will be hanging a hummingbird feeder outside as well!

Isn't it amazing how we are given these wonderful little memories and comforts from those we have lost?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom