Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A note that I got today from the bride and groom I catered for on Saturday. They are on their honeymoon but emailed me this morning to tell me that the care package I packed for them (peppermint patties, Chocolate strawberries, meringue sandwiches (some with lemon, some with chocolate), three kinds of Nanaimo bars, brownies with ganach and brie baked in phyllo with ginger marmalade) was their supper on their wedding night! They have given me a standing order for strawberries and peppermints each year on their anniversary for the next 10 years!

Well now I've gone and done it!

Yesterday during my regular shopping trip I stopped at the Goodwill Thrift Store and saw a kitty play "tower." It was a cylinder about 2-feet tall on a square base. The whole thing was covered in carpet and, at the top of the cylinder, there was a spring with a fuzzy ball at the end of it.

Oh, boy, 2+ feet of pure kitty play heaven. Price? $1.50. How could I NOT buy it for...Tumble?! The money changed hands and I put it in the car.

I haven't been disappointed. Tumble has played himself silly with it, as have Miss Rodeo, Tween and Sally. It's been knocked over a gazillion times already, which I fully expected. When I got up this morning and entered the family room, it was nowhere near where it was when I went to bed.:ROFLMAO: Someone had a party during the night.

Can't wait for tonight's action!!!

Last edited:
sounds like fun. my thomas loves his tower and scratching deal. he is a busy boy during the night. opens drawers in my bedroom and in the dining room. sometimes is asleep. this morning trash can in puter room dumped over. don't know why he like to do that. sometimes i smile and sometimes i say bad words.

Today has been a day of smiles...We found z-bun, then the wonderful news from babe that Wallie is out of ICU can swallow and is on the way to wellness.Then Lauries Tony had his tests and is home and doing well..That I talked to a dear friend tonight one I love dearly, now to help her with her sorrow and beable to hear the smile in her voice. To hear form another dea friend who is like my twin and her post with all the:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::wub: just made my day,,She is so like me that post said it all...So to top off my day Cade asked to spend the night and my special boy is sound asleep as I write this..How lucky I am..Makes me wonder what I did to have so many loving friends and family..
kades

someone telling a story about how she tried to grind nuts in a KA and they turned into cement. her parting line was:

"Moral of the story: Don't put your nuts in the meat grinder."

i think i hurt myself smiling than laughing like crazy!!

I went to Costco last night to pick up a boat load of groceries for tomorrow's wedding. I was able to deliver most of it right to the church and just came home with a box containing 4 litres of milk, a large container of canola oil and some chicken broth.

Dad and Tony met me at the door to see if they could help me unload and I showed my box saying "$500 sure doesn't buy much anymore"! We all had a good smile and a chuckle.

Reading the Note to Uncle Bob Thread. LPBeier has me snorting my coffee and giggling like a teenager this morning.

awww, he looks like a scallion-ish type of wilson! that's funny! i love that movie!

me too :0)

img_829574_0_cc5b1446b24c7b9f08c7857ec70aa689.jpg

not much has been worth smiling at lately. but found a glider chair i have been looking for forever. white painted with blue cushions. and it was only 67 dollars. made me happy i didn't give up. guess where? good old walmart.

I was emailing back and forth with a *very* intelligent lady that is a number of years my senior (shush! You didn't hear that from me). We went back & forth a number of times, and in my last to her was, "hope you have a nice night".

Her last response? I'm heading out the door to widow "so & so's" to go watch Bachelorette", "Go Jake!"

Made me LOL.

Bob

the last thing that made me smile was a post about peanut butter and anchovies :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom