"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 06-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #1711
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Terry, that is so great that he called to give you encouragement and that you have those memories.
I know - I'm so lucky. Actually, if you met Nick, you'd be laughing non-stop. He's so funny with a edgy, twisted sense of humor. He's got a heart of gold though and I just adore him.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #1712
Chef Extraordinaire

Having Cade come spend an hour after school today..His so sweet, DH and i were talking about Katie and Buck and all of you..DH said how wonderful our members are and this little voice say's, yea ma, remember how much they loved you when you got sick? He then told me how he cried then because he thought I was going to die..When he saw the notes that came from here, he said it made him feel better..He is very special to me and so I'm smiling..
I also have a very large smile because of all of YOU..You all are so special, loving and generous..You all make me proud to know you.
cj

Old 06-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #1713
Master Chef

kads, that's got my eyes crying! what love in Cade fer his 'ma!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:45 PM   #1714
Certified Cake Maniac

I am so happy, I think my smile is a mile wide! DD and her fiance have picked a wedding date and are having a wedding as individual as she is. It will be in our local park and will be followed by a BBQ right there. I have been given 3 very important roles. 1) I am making the wedding cake. 2) DH and I are organizing the food. And the most important one.....3) her fiance has asked us to be HIS parents at the wedding because hers will be there and he really doesn't have close family (very long story). He has begun to call me Mama Laurie and I really feel a bond to him. The icing on the cake to this smile is that he informed DD that she will be our DIL because he is our son!!!!!

You just can't pick 'em better than that!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:46 PM   #1715
Master Chef

Very cool Laurie! And simular to what we did. Her mom made a wedding cake, her dad made faces, and I made burgers and brats on the grill!! LOL.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #1716
Certified Cake Maniac

We got married in DH's back yard under an apple tree. We decided at 10 in the morning that we were going to do it and called my sister and DH's best friend. They said they could make it. The marriage commissioner said she could fit us in at 5:30. So we went to the Safeway store, bought a bouquet of daisies and other flowers that would not make me sneeze, some steaks, salad fixings, mushrooms and french bread. My sister brought a cheesecake and a beautiful footed cake plate which was our wedding present. We dressed, had the ceremony, and when the commissioner left we had a BBQ. It was just an incredible day.....except for when we had to tell DH's family we did it without them....

Old 06-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #1717
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Bet the telling wasn't any fun!!!!

But, the wedding sounds perfect.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #1718
Master Chef

That's sounds fun actually. And don't worry, we did it without my family either. We did call them, they just said 'thats nice have fun'. And like I said DW's dad gave me the evil eye the whole time, LOL.
But we didn't care, we had fun!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #1719
Certified Cake Maniac

My Dad was totally fine with us eloping.....almost told us we would be better off. And it only took DH's Mom 6 years to acknowledge our anniversary so there were no hard feelings there LOL!!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #1720
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lol! I think weddings should be what the bride and groom want and need...