"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 06-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #1731
Master Chef

I have no idea---I'd rather all the best wishes go to Katie and Buck......that would be the best birthday present and I think that's where everyone's minds are anyway.........I know mine is......thanks so much pdswife and Maverick.......I appreciate it

Old 06-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #1732
Head Chef

Lots of smiles with my visiting kids today, but Katie and Buck are always in the back of my mind. Kids went to a local Splash! Waterpark today and had a great time. Tonight, I cooked all of Jeff's favorite things for dinner - fried chicken, potato salad, corn, watermelon, pound cake with berries and whipped cream. And he did all the dishes! What a great kid I raised. He has such a beautiful family and I'm so proud of him.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #1733
Master Chef

I have been babysitting my grandson Josh (age 6) and we have been playing alot of games. Trouble, Sorry, Memory Game and lots of card games. Well, today that little guy beat me at just about everything. He just got done beating me at Crazy Eights and he jumps up, throws his arms up and says, WOW, grandma, this is my lucky day and I've never had one before.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #1734
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
He just got done beating me at Crazy Eights and he jumps up, throws his arms up and says, WOW, grandma, this is my lucky day and I've never had one before.
Awww.....

What a cutie.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #1735
Head Chef

Find herself?

Oh man, I thought that was a 70's thing - "finding yourself." I can't tell you how many of my contemporaries did that. I was already a single mom by that time (having left for more legitimate reasons like abuse and alcoholism) and tried to tell them that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. I'm so sorry his momma left - I hope it works out, JoAnn. In the meantime, he will always remember that his grandma was part of his very first "lucky day." He sounds like a great kid. He's lucky to have a wonderful grandma.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #1736
Master Chef

Finding herself, she should find herself in court explaining herself and opening her wallet!
The only thing worse than that is hearing a father say "but she gets me better than you do!" to his wife explaining his 20 something girlfriend he is leaving her for!!
Selfishness is selfishness.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #1737
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
The only thing worse than that is hearing a father say "but she gets me better than you do!" to his wife explaining his 20 something girlfriend he is leaving her for!!
Are you sure you're a guy??? Because if you are, you just got my vote for husband of the year!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #1738
Chef Extraordinaire

Joann,
way to go gramms..That little guy needs you now..To bad mommy didn't find herself before that beautiful little guy was born..He has this Ma's hugs and wishes for more lucky days.
kadesma
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #1739
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
How sad and how cute! You're lucky to have him Joann
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #1740
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
This little guy has been going through a lot lately. His mother decided after 8 years of marriage that she wanted to "find herself" and left about 3 weeks ago. It has been so hard on Josh. He said today that everytime he says her name he crys. Thank God he has a wonderful daddy and all of us.
Oh no, JoAnn! This must break your heart. What can you say to a little guy who wants to know why his Mommy left? Thank God he has your warm and gentle love to help him through this. And I sure hope mom finds whatever she's looking for soon so this child doesn't have to cry much longer.