Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had a wonderful half week..Cade and Carson, spent tuesday thru this afternoon here with DH and me..It was so much fun, getting up fixing breakfast, getting Cade to school, then playing with Carson til we had to go pick up Cade...This I've been longing to do for a long time and just about given up hope of ever being able to watch them again. But I decided I was going to do it and I did...This morning the three of us went to what Cade calls his cookie place and go goodies for his mom and dad as a surprise and then he made a strawberry lemonage by smuckers and iced it down...His mom and dad brought the boys goodies and we had a wonderful visit..They all will be coming here tomorrow and the two pies Cade and I made and hid will be a surprise for DH and his dad for fathers day..I just can't stop smiling.
kades

A nice long chat with a wonderful lady.

I have been feeling down and a little sorry for myself lately and just got off the phone with Katie E. We laughed, we commiserated about insurance claim woes, we shared memories and stories.

This smile is going to last a long while and I think I will be sticking around DC for a long time to come.....if you will have me that is! ;)

That's good news LP!! x

Nice update Kades... made me smile this morning.

Thanks,

Bob
Glad my happiness and smiles were passed on to you..I write a lot about my grandkids and I suppose it gets old. To me little kids and puppies and kittens are God's gifts..Enjoy them to the fullest, there is nothing better. Have a wonderful Sunday..:)
kades

Glad my happiness and smiles were passed on to you..I write a lot about my grandkids and I suppose it gets old. To me little kids and puppies and kittens are God's gifts..Enjoy them to the fullest, there is nothing better. Have a wonderful Sunday..:)
kades

Kades, it NEVER gets old! Keep writing about them. They keep us ALL young!

I got yet another new cookbook in the mail today that I had forgot I ordered. It was on backorder BEFORE I told my hubby that I would not buy any more books from the cookbook club. We just got home from a long day out and I saw the box between the screen door and the door. I picked it up and when he came from parking the car I said "Honey, it followed me home, I swear I had nothing to do with it.....can I keep it?"

The smile came when he rolled his eyes and said "yes dear".

I got yet another new cookbook in the mail today that I had forgot I ordered. It was on backorder BEFORE I told my hubby that I would not buy any more books from the cookbook club. We just got home from a long day out and I saw the box between the screen door and the door. I picked it up and when he came from parking the car I said "Honey, it followed me home, I swear I had nothing to do with it.....can I keep it?"

The smile came when he rolled his eyes and said "yes dear".
Hummmmmm, I'll have to remember that one:ROFLMAO::LOL::innocent:
kades

"yes, dear", siad in an exhausted or deflated manner, those can be a lovely sound!

"yes, dear", siad in an exhausted or deflated manner, those can be a lovely sound!

Luvs - I would always be willing to submit to my stoopidness at times. But you are making me think my being wrong, and knowing that, is a tough place to head towards. I want my sweetie to know I was wrong, and admit her superiority, but I can't do that if her goal was to stomp all over my heart.

I just can't go there even if willing to admit she is superior, (and BTW, she is/was).

Bob

Just so everyone knows, DH was smiling when he said "yes dear"! :)

He KNOWS that if I get a new cookbook, some new dishes (in this case desserts) are in his very near future! The problem is we are running out of bookshelves and room to put new ones! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just so everyone knows, DH was smiling when he said "yes dear"! :)

He KNOWS that if I get a new cookbook, some new dishes (in this case desserts) are in his very near future! The problem is we are running out of bookshelves and room to put new ones! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
ok ok lets clarify ........... a smile validates "yes dear" as a term of love and playful cajoling and a dour grouchy look is a attempt to placate (blow wind up the whazoo to be technical).

img_832942_0_b81ed3b02e9a9e0e62cf7ac6a50add46.gif

Back
Top Bottom