"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 06-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #1841
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Bucky... always makes me laugh...even at 6:20 in the freaking morning!!!! And NObodies ever been able to do that!!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #1842
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Bucky... always makes me laugh...even at 6:20 in the freaking morning!!!! And NObodies ever been able to do that!!!!
Buckytom is definitely off the wall and a hoot!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #1843
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
We should all meet in Seattle! *on a sunny day*
You say when! Bucky and I will no doubt make a gallant effort to be there. I know I will! Bucky, for all of you who haven't met him, is warm and sincere. We have the same color eyes which is very odd, but we're both Norweegie decended so that makes it work.
We did do a lot of talking about the folks on here. Both are proud to be part and parcel of this incredible group. Only thing is, my eyes always get brighter in color when tears are close, and Bucky said a few things that of course, created a welling up. That's a good thing though. He is as he is because his heart is very soft. Same as mine. We are in fact, well, he knows the saying I use regarding him. It's pretty special........thank you for your kind thoughts, thank you very much....................I'm blessed BT.........you made me smile worthy.......
Old 06-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #1844
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
You say when! Bucky and I will no doubt make a gallant effort to be there. I know I will! Bucky, for all of you who haven't met him, is warm and sincere. We have the same color eyes which is very odd, but we're both Norweegie decended so that makes it work.
We did do a lot of talking about the folks on here. Both are proud to be part and parcel of this incredible group. Only thing is, my eyes always get brighter in color when tears are close, and Bucky said a few things that of course, created a welling up. That's a good thing though. He is as he is because his heart is very soft. Same as mine. We are in fact, well, he knows the saying I use regarding him. It's pretty special........thank you for your kind thoughts, thank you very much....................I'm blessed BT.........you made me smile worthy.......
Ahhh, that's sweet Lefe's. Somebody other than his mother actually likes B.T., and has noticed that his heart is like his head.

Now that I've slammed him one more time, I gotta say that I know whatcha mean. his attitude toward others, and especially his son make him a first rate guy in my book. Just don't tell him that I said that. As I've stated before, his head swells easily.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #1845
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
Ahhh, that's sweet Lefe's. Somebody other than his mother actually likes B.T., and has noticed that his heart is like his head.
guess who was one of the ones we sweetly discussed GWOTN? Yeppers! You
Old 06-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #1846
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
guess who was one of the ones we sweetly discussed GWOTN? Yeppers! You
Lefse; Don't take our bantering as us really bashing each other. We throw verbal jabs, like a couple of freinds giving each other a poke in the ribs. It's a competition thing, done knowing full well that we both respect each other immensely. Sometimes, when freinds play, they play rough. And sometimes we have to be reigned in a little. And mostly, I will always qualify my silliness with a bit of real admiration for the goof, and he does the same with me. We're jsut throwing snowballs at each other in cyberspace, hiding behind our trusty walls of words. and besides, he started it.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #1847
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
Lefse; Don't take our bantering as us really bashing each other.
Oh gosh, I know better than that
Old 07-01-2008, 02:59 AM   #1848
Chef Extraordinaire

Cade and I out on the front lawn with red and blue paint and a white t-shirt...We took turns painting our palms first red then blue and putting them on the front and back of the shirt. When it dried we took a large brush and spattered the shirt front and back with speckles..When it dried, under our prints I put Me and Ma on the back US 2008 what fun we had.

kadesma
Old 07-01-2008, 06:08 AM   #1849
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Cade and I out on the front lawn with red and blue paint and a white t-shirt...We took turns painting our palms first red then blue and putting them on the front and back of the shirt. When it dried we took a large brush and spattered the shirt front and back with speckles..When it dried, under our prints I put Me and Ma on the back US 2008 what fun we had.

kadesma
That is awesome cj!! I hope I get a chance at things like that!!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #1850
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Such happy memories you are making for that little boy.
He's lucky to have you Kadesma!

« Finally | - »