Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When we were kids (there were four of us) my younger brother was a very picky eater, but my Mom refused to give in and told him to eat cereal if he didn't like what she made. You can't believe how many times Captian Crunch was on our table ( his favorite cereal.)

He's a grown man now who lives in Atlanta with his beautiful wife of one year, and i'm going up there in two weeks to visit with them. I came across a recipe for Captian Crunch coated french toast and laughed my a## off. So I decided that this is what I would make for my brother while i'm there..

We spoke today on the phone and we talked about this recipe, he surprized me by saying he never thought anyone remembered the CC man... He also was very touched that I cared enough to make him a special breakfast with his favorite ingredient...

Little things like this ALWAYS make me smile... :):):)

I have made that recipe before, it's delish!

Hubby brought me a starbucks coffee this morning and invited me to go to pizza with him tonight. DATE NIGHT! :)

DH went out of his way to take me,Carson and Olivia out to visit the ducks,geese, and chickens. The kids love them and beg to go see them.The little stinkers, surrounded the car and ate every piece of bread we had. You should have heard the kids giggle and laugh as the animals followed them up and down the side of the pond. They are all ready asking can we go next friday too:LOL:
kades

Kades, that is wonderful. I wish I could go with you as I used to love feeding the birds in the park in Regina when I lived there.

I have been running back and forth to the hospital again (though at least it only takes 15 minutes to get there now) and DH has been working nights. He usually gets up in the early afternoon and goes back to sleep after supper until the time he has to go to work.

The past three nights he has made the most delicious and creative dinners for me and allowing me to rest after I get home until the meal is ready. This really makes me smile because he is becoming really good at pairing flavours and really seems to enjoy it! So now there are two cooks in the family! :chef:

On Thursday I was able to walk to town, lunch and a couple of drinks, some shopping, and walk home. Yesterday I walked home after our normal Friday outing. I broke my foot a couple of months ago and was peeved as hades to not be able to do my normal walking (and it is all up and down hill), having to drive or be driven everywhere I need to go. So I'm so happy that my foot is almost at 100% and that as lovely fall weather approaches, I'll be able to walk more (don't get me wrong, I've been able to walk around the house, but I'm used to being able to walk more distances). So I'm SMILING!

Claire, how wonderful, I'm so glad things are better and you can enjoy your walks.
kadesma:)

Saturday spent with hubby :)
Sunday spent with two girlfriends! I got my first tattoo and I LOVE it!

Getting up and seeing Dad all dressed in his best pants and shirt, looking very dapper. We are going to check out a senior's day program he might start soon. The smile is partly for him looking so good and mostly for the fact that he is excited about going - he was fighting it before he got sick!

When I complimented him he said I was the third person this morning already! First was his worker who helped get him ready, second was DH coming in from a night shift and then sleepyhead me! :)

He is coming home today........dh had surgery in S>F> and is all better and headed this way
am I happy nah:LOL:

He is coming home today........dh had surgery in S>F> and is all better and headed this way
am I happy nah:LOL:
That's great to hear!

The last thing that made me smile was James giving me a dirty look when I said tonight (after watching "Blue Bloods") that even getting older, Tom Selleck is still good looking. :D

:)Barbara

Shrek...he kissed me goodnight. And turned off the lights...must be time to call it a night! Time to round up the furry bedwarmers, they make me smile, too!

Kades, hope both you and Gil are looking after yourselves/each other. Having you both healthy will make me smile.

Barbara, you and James always make me smile.

Fiona, I smiled thinking that you were snuggling up with Shrek and Puss'nBoots! :LOL::LOL:

My smile for the day? Finding out that my four scrawny tomato plants I "rescued" for half price at a department store garden centre yielded over 100 tomatoes. Sadly none of them ripened because I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but I think that is a lot of tomatoes! :rolleyes:

Oh, thanks everyone for the green tomato recipes. Some are ripening off the vine, some are too small or rotten, but others will be dealt with green!

Last edited:
I was told today that I was a great addition to the crew and that I am doing an excellent job. That made me smile!

This was at my regular job...I was also told so in my fun job.

Last edited:
A couple of mornings ago when my 6 year old was having a cuddle with me in bed before getting up for school, put her hand on my face and said 'Mum, I like watching you sleep, you smile in your sleep' - made me smile even more!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom