"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #1891
Chef Extraordinaire

good for you. hope all goes well.

babe

Old 07-09-2008, 04:51 AM   #1892
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelady View Post
Wouln't it be great if we could start the potty traing process while they are still in the womb! Like read a potty training book to our stomachs at night so that way when they are born they got it down and can skip the whole diaper stage!
oh, no, deelady, you are and others are not going to get off that luckily....I grew up without a computer until my late 20's but noone is going to get out of changing diapers....it's a rite of passage........

Old 07-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #1893
Chef Extraordinaire

last night, my wife and i spent a good 20 minutes lecturing our son about cleaning up his toys every night, before going to bed.

then, as we were putting him to bed, my wife mentioned that her carpal tunnel syndrome (in both wrists) was acting up, and we should think about getting a cleaning lady, especially if we want to sell the house.

i concurred, so my wife asked my son if he'd like to help interview cleaning ladies in the upcoming days. we'll ask if they clean floors, and bathrooms, and such. he excitedly agreed to help, and then quite logically exclaimed, "and we'll ask them to clean up my toys!!!!"
when we stopped laughing, my wife retorted that he will continue to clean up his toys, so the cleaning lady can vacuum the floors without sucking up a toy.

so, he thought hard for a second, then started rubbing his wrists, saying "oh boy, mom. my wrists really hurt. i fell down and hurt them, and now i'll have to get a cleaning lady to pick up my toys..."

i laughed all night at my little scammer.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #1894
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
hmmm the apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree does it BT? :)
Old 07-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #1895
Sous Chef

That is hilarious, BT! Thanks for the laugh!

My smile is...Abbie slept through the night again!!!!!

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #1896
Senior Cook

It is still early here and the first thing that made me smile this morning is getting an email from a girl I thought only like this one person to talk to. I found her really nice and I'd love to be friends with her but I kept quiet. This morning I got an email from her and it made me smile to know that I am appreciated no matter if she hasn't said anything at all to me lately.

So far it is nearly noontime here now I remember this morning when I told my little doggie to go outside and do his thing then find some rabbits. I really don't mean it because I know he will never catch one. Then we saw a little furry thing running across the backyard and he ran after it. It was a rabbit. He caught it, shook it and drop it in my feet. Then looked at me for a treat. I must have disappointed him because I went inside and called DH. He praised the dog while I was still in shock. When all was said and done, I knew I should have taken a photo of it all.

--Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Cooper'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #1897
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
last night, my wife and i spent a good 20 minutes lecturing our son about cleaning up his toys every night, before going to bed.

then, as we were putting him to bed, my wife mentioned that her carpal tunnel syndrome (in both wrists) was acting up, and we should think about getting a cleaning lady, especially if we want to sell the house.

i concurred, so my wife asked my son if he'd like to help interview cleaning ladies in the upcoming days. we'll ask if they clean floors, and bathrooms, and such. he excitedly agreed to help, and then quite logically exclaimed, "and we'll ask them to clean up my toys!!!!"
when we stopped laughing, my wife retorted that he will continue to clean up his toys, so the cleaning lady can vacuum the floors without sucking up a toy.

so, he thought hard for a second, then started rubbing his wrists, saying "oh boy, mom. my wrists really hurt. i fell down and hurt them, and now i'll have to get a cleaning lady to pick up my toys..."

too funny.......and so smart at a young age......must take after your wife............hahaha
Old 07-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #1898
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Oh Bucky what a little stinker you have. How cute !!!!!!!!

My smile was today when my son looked at me and said " Hello beautiful mom"
Old 07-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #1899
Executive Chef

it amazes me the stuff those little ones can come up with! one of the main reasons I wanted to become a teacher...never know what they are going to say next!! ;)
Old 07-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #1900
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post

junior scammer has me laughing, sounds like a pre-schooler genious!

« Finally | - »