Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forget the "Princess and the Pea" story, one ill-placed sesame seed is not fun! LOL!
Ouch! You made me smile just now though because James calls me the Princess and the Pea because my nerve endings are so sensitive that I feel the slightest touch or the tiniest bit of grit in my chair or bed. Even the air conditioning at our last church bugged me because it would barely jiggle little hairs sticking up from my head and I felt like I had bugs in my hair!

:)Barbara

Ouch! You made me smile just now though because James calls me the Princess and the Pea because my nerve endings are so sensitive that I feel the slightest touch or the tiniest bit of grit in my chair or bed. Even the air conditioning at our last church bugged me because it would barely jiggle little hairs sticking up from my head and I felt like I had bugs in my hair!

:LOL:

lol barbara and princess fee.

my smile today was picking up my boy's cub scout uniform, patches, and gear, even though the nasty ol' battleaxes that work at the boy scout store tried to keep it from being a happy occasion.

i couldn't believe the crappy attitude on either one of them. first, with not a single other soul in the store, we asked them for help. that was the first mistake. i told them we needed all of the stuff a tiger cub scout would need to start, so they just jammed a catalogue in front of me, as well as the cub scout handbook and told me it was all there if i'd read it. how could i have read it, i haven't bought it yet? :glare:

then, they kept trying to get us to buy clothes 4 sizes too big for him, insisting that he has to get the next 5 years out of them. but we won and got him his proper size to their obvious dismay. i mean, he outgrows everything else, why not a scout shirt? so, i have to sew the patches on a new shirt once a year, big deal. i told them i have my sewing merit badge...:mrgreen:

then, one of the delightful ladies started to bust my little guys chops because he often starts talking to adults by saying, "excuse me, but...". she kept snottily replying "you're excused, what did you do?"
he was just trying to be polite, she needs to get a life.

my wife wanted to remind them that "helpful, friendly, courteous, and kind" seemed to be missing from their oath. lol.

but, undeterred, my boy was as proud as a peacock in his new uniform, and we practiced the scout handshake, salute, and motto. the best part is that he's eating all of this up like it was candy. he even cleaned up his clothes and toys tonight without a battle "because scouts are helpful".

today, tiger cub, tomorrow, eagle scout!

this is gonna be great!!!! :)

Rotten old biddies! I'm not very nice and quite loud when adults are rude to children.

I assure you, I have a beautiful smile now...for about 16 hours a day. The other eight I look like a shriveled apple!:wacko:

Bucky, I met the same two "employees of the month" at a fabric store today, but that is definitely not a smile story.

I am so enjoying hearing about you and your boy spending so much quality time together. It is so wonderful to hear, specially these days

My smile came this evening when I finally found out the one single grand thing about the first snow - watching my border collie boxer Violet realize that it is snowing! She loves chasing flakes or catching them on her nose and going cross-eyed as the melt! It isn't sticking (thank goodness), but seeing her race around like a little kid is truly reason to smile!

Oh Buckytom, how insensitive can you be? Blind old women are often crotchety. That was obviously the problem. Having seen pictures of your beautiful wife and adorable son, and having met you in person, I know that if they could see they would have melted and given you the service you deserved! Seriously, some people just shouldn't work with the public. I blogged about that a few weeks ago in fact.

Princess Fiona you made me smile and then laugh like a loon with your description! Have you ever seen apple dolls? Apple dolls, how to make apple dolls, purchase dolls, witches- instructions by Pamela Matson

Don't feel like the lone ranger princess. The days of brushing my teeth and flying out the door in the morning are over. Now I have to find them first!

Today I got the best smile from dd's report card. Three A's. It's the best she has ever done. I'm a happy camper.

Don't feel like the lone ranger princess. The days of brushing my teeth and flying out the door in the morning are over. Now I have to find them first!

Today I got the best smile from dd's report card. Three A's. It's the best she has ever done. I'm a happy camper.

But Barbara has seen a real picture of me...I was probably wearing a tiara...:LOL:

lol so, i have to sew the patches on a new shirt once a year, big deal. i told them i have my sewing merit badge...:mrgreen:
please do this part yourself, bucky. HH joined a troop as a volunteer and took some of his patches to the drycleaner/tailor place to get them sewn on. Cost more than his shirt did to have 3 patches sewed on.

Just remember to use a fairly long stitch so they will be easier to remove when it comes time to move them to a bigger shirt.

Awwww ;)

I've just been spoiled. Again. Hubby sent me a beautiful floral arrangement for our Thanksgiving table. They are going to be gorgeous when they open up. That was a nice surprise. Wasn't expecting that. Feel kind of bad that I didn't answer the doorbell. Cleaned house coughed too much and decided to go gaming. ;( Was on a mission.. Shame on me.

Munky.

This Joke:

Our teacher asked us what was our favorite animal and I said "fried chicken."
She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right,everyone else in the class laughed.
My parents told me to always be truthful and honest, and I am.

Fried chicken is my favorite animal. I told my dad what happened,
and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA. He said
they love animals very much.

I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef.

Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what
happened and he laughed too. Then he told me not to do it again.

The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was.

I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, just like she'd asked the other children. So I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken.

She sent me back to the principal's office again. He laughed and told me not to do it again. I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am.

Today, my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire most.

I told her, "Colonel Sanders". Guess where I am now...

My favorite relative was my aunt Elizabeth. As a child I couldnt wrap my tounge around Elizabeth so I called her Beece You are now Beece if you don't mind.
kades

I don't mind at all! :)

My brother named his daughter, Rebecca Elizabeth. Mom says she acts just like me!:LOL: Oh, he's in for some trouble!:ROFLMAO:

please do this part yourself, bucky. HH joined a troop as a volunteer and took some of his patches to the drycleaner/tailor place to get them sewn on. Cost more than his shirt did to have 3 patches sewed on.

yup, i was planning on sewing them on tomorrow. it's my reason for having to stay home and avoid another day of furniture shopping. the giants and jets games might happen to be on the tv as well.:cool:

zhizara, thanks for the tip. i kinda just do what i call caveman sewing. no real pattern, just use the right colour thread and hide the stitches so you can't see them.

i've sewn everything from a spiderman costume for a g.i. joe doll, to replacing a broken zipper on dw's skirt, to a holy but favored sweatshirt that i wasn't ready to give up on, to a broken handle on one of dw's handbags, to torn belt loops on old jeans, to straps for portaging my canoe on top of my truck. when i sew something, it stays "sewed", lol.

yup, i was planning on sewing them on tomorrow. it's my reason for having to stay home and avoid another day of furniture shopping. the giants and jets games might happen to be on the tv as well.:cool:

zhizara, thanks for the tip. i kinda just do what i call caveman sewing. no real pattern, just use the right colour thread and hide the stitches so you can't see them.

i've sewn everything from a spiderman costume for a g.i. joe doll, to replacing a broken zipper on dw's skirt, to a holy but favored sweatshirt that i wasn't ready to give up on, to a broken handle on one of dw's handbags, to torn belt loops on old jeans, to straps for portaging my canoe on top of my truck. when i sew something, it stays "sewed", lol.

I wove a small patch in a pair of jeans for Shrek, once. It's the only spot that didn't fall apart.

I also darn socks...I say, "Darn!" as I throw them away:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom