Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
had a rousing conversation with my handyman. about the second world war and germany. his father was in ss. he said was like being in the marines. not to sure if i believe that. anyway his dad tried to come here after the war but couldn't because of it. so his family went to argentina. then he came here on work permit. was drafted. said they made a whole group american citizens so they could join and go to vietnam. he went to college on g.i bill. very interesting, some of it made me smile to find such a intelligent man working as a handyman. said he is a retired engineer.

I have been feeling quite down today and not really sure why. It got worse while watching our hockey team get trounced. All of a sudden the phone rang and it was DH calling from work. He turned up the radio there so I could hear one of my all time favourite songs playing in the background. He said he thought it might put a smile on my face. That it did....the call as much as the song!

I have been feeling quite down today and not really sure why. It got worse while watching our hockey team get trounced. All of a sudden the phone rang and it was DH calling from work. He turned up the radio there so I could hear one of my all time favourite songs playing in the background. He said he thought it might put a smile on my face. That it did....the call as much as the song!

When I was living in Bozeman for nursing school, I was miserable and lonely, Shrek felt the same way. One night I mailed him a card with, "Unchained Melody" written on the inside. After that anytime we were really missing each other, we would play the song for ourselves. It helped!:)

When I was living in Bozeman for nursing school, I was miserable and lonely, Shrek felt the same way. One night I mailed him a card with, "Unchained Melody" written on the inside. After that anytime we were really missing each other, we would play the song for ourselves. It helped!:)
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

watching my charlie cat ( have determined he is a rag doll persian) go for his goodies. every time he gets them is just like the first time for him. he gets so excited and leaps into the air with joy. he gives me many smiles.

Just smile or fall on the floor laughing? I narrowly missed the coffee table over Barbara and Alix on GB's thread!

LOL My face is about to break from laughing!

Well, what I'm about to say probably won't make anyone smile, but it might make you die of shock. I'm going to go pack James's suitcase then go to bed. Yep, I'm going to bed. My goal was to be there before midnight, which won't happen, but it will be close! Good night!!!!!

:)Barbara

This spam header cracked me up:

"We have 15mg & 30mg pills -- 30/15mg for $203.70 ..."

I get 100 x 8 mg codeine at the pharmacy for less than $10 and I don't need a prescription here in Canada - I just need to give them my phone number. They want to make sure that people don't go overboard with AC&C, as we call it.

She says Thank you! She is one of 4 dogs we have..but she is definately mine.. or is that I am her's?

She says Thank you! She is one of 4 dogs we have..but she is definately mine.. or is that I am her's?

I rather think you belong to her. I am owned by one furball and Shrek is owned by the other.

My owner:

28716-albums286-picture2372.jpg

You both have beautiful owners!

I actually have two owners that continuously fight for my attention. They even get jealous of DH and Dad's attentions towards me. Oh, and the computer, the little one sits on my feet and the other one pushes my chair until I finally can't work any more and go play with them.

Joie (Joey) is a Bichon Maltepoo and Violet is a border collie boxer. They are definitely my kids.

I had to smile today as Violet keeps wanting to go outside and play in the snow. She will run in it and roll in it and try to catch the flakes on her nose as they come down. She gets too cold, comes in and warms up, then wants out again. Joie would prefer to lay against the heat register!

Attachments

• Violet&JoieSitting.jpg
    Violet&JoieSitting.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 191
  • VioletsSnowDay3.jpg
    VioletsSnowDay3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 199
  • JoieHaircut1.jpg
    JoieHaircut1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 178
She/he??? Is Beautiful!

She, that is my Latte', pretty soon she's going to come out to the kitchen to make sure the butter isn't poisoned and fit for me to eat...she monitors every thing I eat.

She gracefully accepts your compliment and says, "Of Course, minion.":)

Laurie, I still think it's funny how our owners are the same color schemes, but yours are canine and mine feline.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom