"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 07-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #1941
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I don't know.. chewed up gum ?
Nope, he had opened his pack and left me a brand new piece of gum..

kades

Old 07-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #1942
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Nope, he had opened his pack and left me a brand new piece of gum..

kades
aww that is sweet of him.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #1943
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
David and girlfriend just called and ask me to baby sit the Grandbabies this weekend!
I'm so excited...even if the grands are really just two little baby kittens!! ( I've missed lily so much. It'll be great having something to snuggle. Paul won't be home so they can even sleep with me!!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #1944
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
David and girlfriend just called and ask me to baby sit the Grandbabies this weekend!
I'm so excited...even if the grands are really just two little baby kittens!! ( I've missed lily so much. It'll be great having something to snuggle. Paul won't be home so they can even sleep with me!!!!
Kids or fur baby kids, it all makes you feel comfy and safe when they cuddle with you. I love that feeling I get when they are close. Have a wonderful night.
kades
Old 07-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #1945
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Thanks Kadesma! You are one of the good people!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #1946
Master Chef

my furbabies snuggled with me yesterday. tigs laid with me & purred & purred. charlotte just was being an overwhhelmed-to-see-Mommy kitty, purring & stuff.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #1947
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
We're parents again. When I went out onto the front porch this morning to feed the outside kitties, I noticed a pair of orange ears poking up from the top of a box in a secluded corner of the porch. It was Miss Chiefy.

On Thursday, I'd spoken to her and suggested that she needed to consider the box in the corner when she was ready to have her babies. Just let me say, she was very, very, very pregnant.

Funny, she must've listened to me, because she was in the box in the throes of having her kittens. By late afternoon she'd had three dark grey and two orange babies. It was well over 100 degrees today, so she was quite uncomfortable. Poor mommy.

I emptied their water bowl and refilled it with nice cool water. Chiefy jumped, literally, at the chance and took a long, long drink.

As of this moment, mommy and babies are doing well. Pretty soon the porch will be hoppin'!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #1948
Master Chef

aww, that is cool, Katie!!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #1949
Chef Extraordinaire

The lady who watches my babies now has been working with them with another lady, teaching them some dace steps andsongs and last night we had a little recital for the families..To see my Cade in a top hat as master of ceremonies and realize he learned all of the dances and what to say in one afternoon kind of blew my mind..I knew he was smart, but wow..Then to see little Olivia come out on the stage and look up and say Hi ma, hi pa, hi daddy and mommy then start to sing with the others was a hoot, looking at little Ethan in the back row singing and saying his part so very serious and Carson the perenial rogue laughing and being a perfect wiggle worm made all of us laugh so hard..It was so special to see them dance and sing...It makes me tear up and my heart beat fast with pride and love..These little ones all of them mine and the others so very special...
kadesma
Old 08-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #1950
Senior Cook

I was really down in the dumps yesterday just thinking about all the things going on in my life lately, I would just cry at the drop of a hat or if anyone said anything to me. Really depressing day.
Today DH and I do mean DEAR.......went out and bought me a laptop that I have been wanting for forever!!! Talk about smiling! I also thanked him properly...lol He is working on it now to get it all set up for me.

Barb