Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The look on my DH's face when I handed him a piece of angel food cake bigger than my Dad's, my sister's and mine put together, with lemon sauce and lots of strawberries. He can't have any wheat, gluten, soy, refined sugar or dairy, which really limits his desserts (which he loves). I found a way to make something he could eat that the rest of us would like too. Dad and my sister both also remarked on his look of joy.

That will keep me smiling for a long time. I love when my knowledge of food brings pleasure to others.

Sitting here looking back over yesterdays fun with the kids, There yells and smiles over their baskets, the look on their faces at the cookies and eggs they colored and put into mom and dad's hands. How they dug into dinner and desserts. The kisses and hugs they handed out, The were so sweet and such good kids They make me so proud.
kades:)

Our Canucks beat a three year jinx and finally defeated the Chicago Blackhawks to continue on in the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!!!! :clap::clap::clap: I had my doubts, specially when they were leading from 2 minutes into the game until they let Chicago score with less than 2 minutes left in the game. We don't do well in overtime, but we did tonight!

This smile will last until Thursday when we begin the next series with the Nashville Predators!

Our Canucks beat a three year jinx and finally defeated the Chicago Blackhawks to continue on in the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!!!! :clap::clap::clap: I had my doubts, specially when they were leading from 2 minutes into the game until they let Chicago score with less than 2 minutes left in the game. We don't do well in overtime, but we did tonight!

This smile will last until Thursday when we begin the next series with the Nashville Predators!

Made me smile too LP! Just about jumped off the sofa when they scored that OT goal!

Thanks, Somebunny! Apparently one jersey shop in Vancouver sold out on #14 jerseys as soon as they opened yesterday and took over 200 back orders! They are now calling him Alexander the Great! I always new he was! :LOL:

I Did It!

I did the whole 10K race in the rain, sleet and snow. My time was 1 hour and 50 minutes. I came in 5th...from the end. In last place were two ladies who were in their 70's...show off's:ROFLMAO: They were only behind me, because one of them stopped to re-tie her shoes. :huh: There were two girls right behind me, both younger and I didn't pass them until the last half mile, when I put a little more speed on.

I had a lot of fun! I'm very happy and oddly just a bit tearful over it.

I too am proud of you, your Ogreness! You are such an example for me as I start my training next Friday for the Terry Fox Run (walking) in September. And coming in fifth from the beginning or end doesn't matter - what counts is YOU DID IT!!!!!! :flowers::clap:

Yesterday's Royal Wedding. I'm a hopeless romantic and I loved every minute of it. Her dress put a big grin on my face....what a beautiful bride.
In light of nearly every single wedding gown I've seen being strapless these days, hers was just gorgeous. I'm sure she wouldn't have been allowed to wear a strapless gown however, but I sure hope future brides get a loud clue that strapless is just not appropriate in any church anywhere. What a breath of fresh air!!

I too am proud of you, your Ogreness! You are such an example for me as I start my training next Friday for the Terry Fox Run (walking) in September. And coming in fifth from the beginning or end doesn't matter - what counts is YOU DID IT!!!!!! :flowers::clap:
Thanks, LP...I'm rooting for you, too!:)

Thanks, LP...I'm rooting for you, too!:)
I think you and Laurie both deserve a big BRAVA you both have so much to give and you do. I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to walk a small mile to begin walking right now is still work but I can say I'm feeling like I could beat a big bad Ogre:LOL:
Way to go you two.
kades

Today I heard a noise in my kitchen. I went to investigate and found a squirrel attmpting to make off with a bag of chocolate chips! I taught that squirrel a few new words and then felt bad when he dropped the bag of chips. As I was cleaning up the mess he returned to see if the coast was clear! The thing that amazes me is that I live on the third floor and the window has a screen, with a new hole in it. This whole thing was better than an episode of Wild America.

Today I heard a noise in my kitchen. I went to investigate and found a squirrel attmpting to make off with a bag of chocolate chips! I taught that squirrel a few new words and then felt bad when he dropped the bag of chips. As I was cleaning up the mess he returned to see if the coast was clear! The thing that amazes me is that I live on the third floor and the window has a screen, with a new hole in it. This whole thing was better than an episode of Wild America.

Gutsy little brat!:LOL:

Aunt Bea, that brought a smile to my face and a lot of memories. When we lived in our little bungalow on a huge lot with trees all around, we had many squirrels all over the place but we had one that was either brave or stupid. We would throw peanuts out into the yard for them but this guy came right up to our patio door and paw at it! We gave him a couple of nuts and he kept coming back for more...So we nicknamed him Oliver. He had very distinct colouring so we knew it was the same one. When DH and I got married under the apple tree Oliver even crashed the party by coming onto our porch while we were grilling steaks. Our guest list was small - our two attendants and a squirrel!

Aunt Bea, that brought a smile to my face and a lot of memories. When we lived in our little bungalow on a huge lot with trees all around, we had many squirrels all over the place but we had one that was either brave or stupid. We would throw peanuts out into the yard for them but this guy came right up to our patio door and paw at it! We gave him a couple of nuts and he kept coming back for more...So we nicknamed him Oliver. He had very distinct colouring so we knew it was the same one. When DH and I got married under the apple tree Oliver even crashed the party by coming onto our porch while we were grilling steaks. Our guest list was small - our two attendants and a squirrel!

In the end it is only the memories that we have. That is a hard thing for the young ones to understand.

Back
Top Bottom