Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks pag and dawg.

these were just state tests done last spring to gauge both the child's abilities and the teacher's performance. (don't ask).

i mean, i was amazed the other day when half of my boy's class failed their first test of second grade: writing down their address with proper spelling and punctuation.

omg, many didn't know thier address, and many others didn't capital... umm, Capitalize Correctly.

;)

that's what happens when immigrants in my town, otherwise fluent in english, use the excuse that they only speak their native language at home so their kids won't lose their "culture". some kids (who were born here) don't learn english until they go to kindergarten.

Last edited:
I could say a few things about state testing but it would need to go into the venting thread and might develop into a rant about that nasty P word. So instead I'll just focus on the effort you and your DW are making to ensure your son is learning what he needs to. Kids learning good things always makes me smile.

I could say a few things about state testing but it would need to go into the venting thread and might develop into a rant about that nasty P word. So instead I'll just focus on the effort you and your DW are making to ensure your son is learning what he needs to. Kids learning good things always makes me smile.

It was good that BT recognized the sliding grades as boredom. Nothing worse than a kid not being allowed to live up to their potential.

My current playlist. I usually like a wide variety in a playlist but I've been craving the female voice lately.

Songbirds I'm really fealing lately: Melody Gardot, Adele, Bjork, Flyleaf, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, Anna Nalick, Florence and the Machine, A Fine Frenzy, Joni Mitchell, Loreena McKennitt, Dido, Carol King, Regina Spekter, Colbie Caillet, The Cranberries, Sarah McLauclin, Kerli, The Pierces, Billy Holiday, Feist

I think it's a thing of having just enough angst to be cathartic, just enough bitter sweetness to relate to, just enough happiness to keep me hopeful, just enough energy to keep me from fealing tired, plenty of quirk to keep me from getting bored, a little mystery and whimsy to carry me away, a healthy dose of wisdom through experience and enough beauty to feal at peace.

Last edited:
Last weekend we took our 9 year old grandson with us out of town to visit our youngest son and his family. While we were there our 10 year old granddaughter played the piano and our grandson sang along beautifully. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful memory.

Last weekend we took our 9 year old grandson with us out of town to visit our youngest son and his family. While we were there our 10 year old granddaughter played the piano and our grandson sang along beautifully. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful memory.

How sweet...

Last weekend, we added two buff Orpingtons to the flock. These two are still being integrated into the flock. When I went to let them out this morning, they were perched on the side of the canoe (which hangs from the ceiling in the barn). I couldn't help but laugh.

Last weekend, we added two buff Orpingtons to the flock. These two are still being integrated into the flock. When I went to let them out this morning, they were perched on the side of the canoe (which hangs from the ceiling in the barn). I couldn't help but laugh.

Now did you tell your new girls that according to Wiki, they rarely fly? They sure are pretty.

Well, they can fly--but not very far. Their names are Agatha and Prudence since they are a British breed. They are still fairly young, so we probably won't see any eggs from them until spring. The barred Plymouth Rocks fly quite well. The RIRs fly low to the ground. But, they can really run fast! And that makes me laugh as well--watching the chickens run.

Aunt Bea said:
Why would they fly when they have a canoe?:ermm:

Not sure chickens paddle well, Bea. Are they at home in the water? :LOL:

CW, your chicken stories make me smile! Love the old school names! Keep 'em coming!

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think my 4.5 YO grandson may be developing a liking for cooking! If so, the cooking gene will have skipped a generation.

Whenever he is helping SO or me, he keeps saying "I love doing this!", "I love doing this!". Of course, it may just be he likes to operate power equipment as he was using a hand mixer and a food processor.

Back
Top Bottom