"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 10-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #2151
Master Chef

Saturday morning, hubby's at work, I'm still in bed watching cartoons with my son. By the way we're watching Fairy Odd Parents.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #2152
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Well, if my head is the only thing I can get to look small, I will take it
It will match my feet, lol
Stop that sister,
you're looking good. I like the hair, it's as I remember from a long ago picture of you and one of the boys at his graduation..See I knew ya when
kades

Old 10-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #2153
Chef Extraordinaire

last night, the commute home was a nightmare. there was a hazmat situation in the lincoln tunnel, so it took me 3 hours to get home on the bus. the first half of which i had to stand, trying not to jam my butt into seated people's faces as the bus jerked along, 10 feet at a time.

but when i got home, my son had gone around the house and collected a bunch of loose change, as much as his little hands could hold. he gave it to me to pay for parking so i wouldn't have to take the bus, thus getting home faster.

you couldn't ask for a better son.
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #2154
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Stop that sister,
you're looking good. I like the hair, it's as I remember from a long ago picture of you and one of the boys at his graduation..See I knew ya when
kades
LOL you're crazy!!

BT, you're raising a good little guy.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #2155
Executive Chef

Talking to Barb L. on the phone.
She wants to thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.
She wants you all to know that she's just prayed for her DC'ers.
She says she is doing well. Sounds strong.
Talking to her, she is sweet as can be and it brought tears and smiles to this face of mine. I am pleased to speak with her and know her feelings about all of this.
Some people are so amazing. She is one of them.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #2156
Master Chef

thankls LEFES for letting us know how she is doing!! I'm happy that she is doing good and is so strong!!
Old 10-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #2157
Certified Cake Maniac

Thank you LEFSE, you are such a dear for prayer and follow-up. I am glad she is sounding strong, but I know she still needs all of our support. Is there anything else we can do?

My smile came this morning when I was getting up to get some breakfast. DH said, he had it covered and that I could go to the computer but then back to bed. He knew I had a bad night and it is a special day and so I am being waited on all day.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #2158
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thank you LEFSE, you are such a dear for prayer and follow-up. I am glad she is sounding strong, but I know she still needs all of our support. Is there anything else we can do?
Laurie, just to please continue to pray for her. Her return to the hospital is Monday, so if you could keep her in prayer that day, it'd be great.
She thanks all for support.........
Old 10-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #2159
Chef Extraordinaire

yesterday I had Cade and Carson with me after school, we went to Ethan and Olivias home so the kids could play..We stayed for dinner and it was so much fun...My kids surprised me, they hear more than we realize. Cade says out of the blue, Ma can we say grace before we eat..I looked at my daughter and she nodded yes so we told him of course..He thank the Lord and then said please God watch over Ma's friend Barb. I tell you I was so surprised I started to cry..but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised, just very happy. All four of the kids said yes, Ma's friend..smiled at each other and started their dinner..I had a lot to smile about last night and it's carried over to today..
kadesma
Old 10-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #2160
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
yesterday I had Cade and Carson with me after school, we went to Ethan and Olivias home so the kids could play..We stayed for dinner and it was so much fun...My kids surprised me, they hear more than we realize. Cade says out of the blue, Ma can we say grace before we eat..I looked at my daughter and she nodded yes so we told him of course..He thank the Lord and then said please God watch over Ma's friend Barb. I tell you I was so surprised I started to cry..but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised, just very happy. All four of the kids said yes, Ma's friend..smiled at each other and started their dinner..I had a lot to smile about last night and it's carried over to today..
kadesma
Why would you be surprised over something like? Look at who they have as a roll model? You're a wonderful lady, therefore, wonderful kids too!!

« Finally | - »