Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
LOL! His Mom could have said the exact same thing I did, but he doesn't believe her. I get calls when he is sick and just to chat. I'm his favorite phony buddy. And he is still cuddly and sweet, even though he tries to act tough.

I love middle school kids!

watching my Aubrey singing her little heart out at the Christmas concert of her school. it was held in the town art center downtown. lovely theater. she was right in the front row of 400 kids. she is so into everything she does. make me smile and tear up just a bit. it is a blessing to live long enough to see great grandkids. precious.

^^ hehe Bolas

Um, let me see. Two of our granddaughters (really Glenn's) were here for Thanksgiving dinner, etc.

In one of the bedrooms I have an old camel back trunk that I've filled with "dress-up" stuff. There are goofy sequined shoes, clear "glass" slippers, sequined gowns, feather boas, rhinestone tiaras, rhinestone shoulder-sweep earrings, fur wraps, other things too numbered to mention but, suffice it to say, all those glamorous things any little girl would dream to immerse herself in to transform herself into the most awesome "star."

The thing that made me smile was the two of them coming down the hall totally decked out in sequined gowns, fur wraps, sequined shoes and rhinestone tiaras and holding the two small wine glasses I purchased for their dinner, filled with sparkling white grape juice. They strutted and swirled like true divas.

They were truly in the styulin' mode. Everyone got a huge laugh, as well as a super "awwwwwwww!"

Darn! To be 8-years-old again!!!!!:ohmy:

oooh wow My Grandma did the same for us and we had hours and hours of fun playing dress up. What a great memory you evoked! And what a wonderful thing for you to do for your grandbabies. <3

watching my Aubrey singing her little heart out at the Christmas concert of her school. it was held in the town art center downtown. lovely theater. she was right in the front row of 400 kids. she is so into everything she does. make me smile and tear up just a bit. it is a blessing to live long enough to see great grandkids. precious.

Seeing as those Great-Grandkids are what you spent your entire life to acheive...I'd say you did a fantastic job of your life's work!

I woke up feeling pretty rotten - pain levels are high, breathing a little laboured, my 3 day headache decided to start number 4 and food still isn't tasting like it should - it is still an effort to get nourishment into me.

First smile was that DH, for the second time in less than a week, left me a light but nourishing breakfast in my bento box.

Second smile was that a problem was solved regarding Dad's care Thursday morning when I will be gone early and he is going to his senior's program. His worker has to come an hour late so will be there to get him in his coat and settled into the wheelchair. I was going to phone and see if this could be arranged and it happened on it's own!

My biggest smile came a few minutes ago when a good friend of ours called up and said he wanted to deliver something. I am seeing his wife tonight, but he insisted he wanted to do this himself. This family is very special to us. Anyway, he brought a brown paper wrapped package that I knew in an instant was a book. Then, before I opened it he said he wrote it! What an encouragement. This man has so much on his heart and yet he kept apologizing that it wasn't well written or edited. I said that didn't matter. I can't wait to read it. I know I will it will lift my spirits. And it is such an encouragement to see our friend stepping out of his comfort zone.

I woke up feeling pretty rotten - pain levels are high, breathing a little laboured, my 3 day headache decided to start number 4 and food still isn't tasting like it should - it is still an effort to get nourishment into me.

First smile was that DH, for the second time in less than a week, left me a light but nourishing breakfast in my bento box.

Second smile was that a problem was solved regarding Dad's care Thursday morning when I will be gone early and he is going to his senior's program. His worker has to come an hour late so will be there to get him in his coat and settled into the wheelchair. I was going to phone and see if this could be arranged and it happened on it's own!

My biggest smile came a few minutes ago when a good friend of ours called up and said he wanted to deliver something. I am seeing his wife tonight, but he insisted he wanted to do this himself. This family is very special to us. Anyway, he brought a brown paper wrapped package that I knew in an instant was a book. Then, before I opened it he said he wrote it! What an encouragement. This man has so much on his heart and yet he kept apologizing that it wasn't well written or edited. I said that didn't matter. I can't wait to read it. I know I will it will lift my spirits. And it is such an encouragement to see our friend stepping out of his comfort zone.

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so poorly. Perhaps once you're up and around, you'll start feeling better! I hope so.

A nice hot cup of broth sometimes makes my body feel better when I have aches and pains.

Thanks, Timothy!

I guess I should have added that these smiles turned my day around pretty fast! :)

Thanks for the tip on the broth. I can only handle vegetable broth right now - NOTHING to do with meat or poultry.

yesterday, aubrey , my five year old. great granddaughter , and i made cinnamon rolls. watching her frost them all by her self, gave me a smile. then we ate them all. lol

The way you love your ggd's and the enjoyment you get from them and doing things with/for them always brings a smile to me, Babe! :)

The last thing that made me smile was reading a text from my daughter a few minutes ago regarding how my two year old granddaughter has asked for "Nana" every day since I came home from there last Saturday! Especially made me smile because she just began calling me Nana while I was there this time (it's a new name for both of us). :)

Last edited:
The last thing that made me smile was reading a text from my daughter a few minutes ago regarding how my two year old granddaughter has asked for "Nana" every day since I came home from there last Saturday! Especially made me smile because she just began calling me Nana while I was there this time (it's a new name for both of us). :)
Don't grand kids have a special way of wrapping us around their fingers?:LOL:
kades

This made me smile big and bigger. Doctor told me I could remove my cast and type whooooopie.
kades

I was watching an old "Leave It To Beaver" episode early this morning. That made me smile. Please. don't hold that against me. The show was before my time, but my mom always watched reruns, and I got hooked on it. It's much better than the junk they have on now.

Last edited:
my twenty year old granddaughter and her boyfriend came by last night. she had a load of laundry to do. i made us a quick dinner, ca. roast beef sandwich. it makes me smile to know she is comfortable doing these things with me. i took care of her till she was five years old. tight bond.

kadesma said:
This made me smile big and bigger. Doctor told me I could remove my cast and type whooooopie.
kades

Yeah! You go Girl! Makes me smile too, Kades!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom