"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 10-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #2171
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
cute!!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #2172
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
very cute!

Old 10-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #2173
Master Chef

Thanks suziquzie, Thanks pdswife,
I had so much fun making those!
Old 10-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #2174
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
you made them? WOW!!
Old 10-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #2175
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
you made them? WOW!!
I've only bought one of his costumes and that was a fireman. The most difficult one was Joseph's Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I bought the video for me to enjoy and he got hooked on it when he was 6 or 7 years old. I know I have pics of it somewhere. I'm still going thru pictures. I really enjoyed making them, but he doesn't treat or treat anymore.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #2176
Chef Extraordinaire

i have one great granddaughter who is almost a year old. she will be a butterfly.

another is two, don't know yet what she will be. all the rest are to grown-up.

hardly any trick or treaters here in park. there are kids in here just don't think many are interested. i miss all the fun when mine were little.

babe
Old 10-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #2177
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i have one great granddaughter who is almost a year old. she will be a butterfly.

hardly any trick or treaters here in park. there are kids in here just don't think many are interested. i miss all the fun when mine were little.

babe
me too! We don't get any here. I loved taking my kids. It was so much fun to see all the different costumes. DH just misses stealing the boys candy
Old 10-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #2178
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
me too! We don't get any here. I loved taking my kids. It was so much fun to see all the different costumes. DH just misses stealing the boys candy
my husband used to put out a pumpkin with a speaker in it. then he would wait behind the drapes. he would talk to all the kids. it made us laugh to see how many kids really got into it. specially the very small ones. they would talk back. he would say" do u like pumpkin pie?" most would say yes, then he would say " boo hoo, you ate my friends" that was pretty much for those over four. we had such a good time, the best group to scare was the cocky 11 or 12 years old boys. husband would let out blood curdling yowels and watch them fly off our porch. for that group also he would dress as a monster and come out from side of garage and scare them.

i miss it and i very much miss my husband.

babe
Old 10-06-2008, 04:04 AM   #2179
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post

babe
We have never had a trick or treater in all the 36 years we've lived here. We all live 5 acres or more apart, if they did come they would probably ask for water. Or maybe directions!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:33 AM   #2180
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
I fondly remember trick or treat when I was a kid. My mom made all my costumes. They were always very creative and I was frequently invited in for pictures, cider and doughnuts. Those were good times.

That was then and this is now. We now have the days of drugs and razor blades in apples, our kids should not take from the treats till checked and teenagers that come to the door with no costume at all and scoff at you if the treats are not good enough. At least that is what we get here. I would love to see some little kids in adorable costumes and enjoy the day for what it used to be. Sorry, not really smiley.

AC