Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last thing that made me smile, Seing the looks on my granchildrens face when they knew it was time to hunt Easter Eggs. YEP, that did it for me.
Sucker to those little small faces. I thank GOD for moments like that.

I'm with quzzie, yesterday I knew it was going to be a little hard around dinner time, but I had four beautiful faces around me all day. It was so wonderful to look up and see Cade playing with his cousin Ethan and his baby brother Carson, to hear the squeals of delight as they found the hidden eggs and then the baskets Mr. Easter Bunny left for them.Little Olivia was all wiggles and smiles..She just beamed everytime you stopped and talked to her. And the hugs and kisses weren't bad either:LOL: I had to stop myself twice from picking up the phone to call mom to dinner, but as I said, baby faces help all of us. There is nothing so precious as our children and our grandchildren.

kadesma:)

watching a herd of baby goats, eight of them, running from the barn out to the pasture, as fast of their little legs can take them, and then run back to the barn, and then back out to the pasture. They stay together in a pack, back and forth... we always mutter, they are wasting that goats' milk....

My daughter, 4 years old. We are what you would call a crunchy family - very environmentally conscious, eat whole foods, etc. But dd loves her sweets. Yesterday morning she wanted ice cream. I told her that she could probably have ice cream for dessert after dinner. She says, "Okay. Um, Mommy... can we call breakfast 'dinner' today"?

Its actually not the last but its the funniest thing thats happened in the last few days that keeps me smiling when I think of it.

One of my older brothers and his kids were down for the holiday weekend. We let him and his youngest sleep in our bed and we slept in our youngest bedroom next to it.
We woke up one morning and my youngest turned to me and pointed to the wall that connects to our bedroom and he says, "You see that wall"? And I respond questionably, "Yesssssssss". And he respondeds, while shaking his finger at the wall, "Those people in there, they snore"!
Of course we all got a good laugh at it. It was def. true as all of the men in the household this weekend all took turns at sounding like freight trains. Poor Dill (Dillon) and I were woke up countless times. But it still puts a smile on my face.

kadesma said:
I'm with quzzie, yesterday I knew it was going to be a little hard around dinner time, but I had four beautiful faces around me all day. It was so wonderful to look up and see Cade playing with his cousin Ethan and his baby brother Carson, to hear the squeals of delight as they found the hidden eggs and then the baskets Mr. Easter Bunny left for them.Little Olivia was all wiggles and smiles..She just beamed everytime you stopped and talked to her. And the hugs and kisses weren't bad either:LOL: I had to stop myself twice from picking up the phone to call mom to dinner, but as I said, baby faces help all of us. There is nothing so precious as our children and our grandchildren.

I took me a little while to stop reaching for the phone too.
Just knowing that you had your family and had a good day, makes me smile!!:)

texasgirl said:
I took me a little while to stop reaching for the phone too.
Just knowing that you had your family and had a good day, makes me smile!!:)
We had a beautiful time together sunday. Today are her services and then, hopefully we can take a step forward with smiles and not so meany tears. Thanks for smiling, it is like sun shinning.

buckytom said:
brew me a cup cora?

i'm glad you resurrected this thread.

my boy makes me smile hundreds of times a day. being a dad is the greatest thing in the world. sometimes it terrifies me that something bad could happen to him, like when i heard on the news today about a 2 year old being shot and killed in his carseat from a stray bullet.
but, you can't live in the "gray twilight" of fear , so i realize that i've been given the greatest gift, along with a tremendous responsibility. and i wouldn't want it any other way...

T.R. - "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
I'd love to brew you a cup. Any time. I really like this thread but it often disappears. Let's keep the smiles coming!

I understand how you feel about your son. It's hard not to be terrified that something could happen to them! I just want to lock my kids up in the house but even that wouldn't protect them. We will take one day at a time. Playing in the sunshine, holding them, laughing, crying and being grateful for the time we do have with them.

kadesma-
I'm glad to hear of your smiles in this sad time for you!

the last thing that made me smile was getting redbirds (memphis AA baseball team) season tickets for my b-day

corazon90 said:
I'd love to brew you a cup. Any time. I really like this thread but it often disappears. Let's keep the smiles coming!

I understand how you feel about your son. It's hard not to be terrified that something could happen to them! I just want to lock my kids up in the house but even that wouldn't protect them. We will take one day at a time. Playing in the sunshine, holding them, laughing, crying and being grateful for the time we do have with them.

kadesma-
I'm glad to hear of your smiles in this sad time for you!
Thanks Cora,
having my children and my grandchildren at my side today made Easter and today a lot easier. Children just have a way of looking at you, hugging you and then saing the right thing at the right time. Cade topped it off today, when asked he replied,sitting on my lap and putting his head on my shoulder, we are praying to nana and she will pray for us now because she is HOME and Happy. Amen! 5 1/2 and he just knew the right thing to say.
kadesma

texasgirl said:
staying on my elliptical for a mile, top heart rate of 160 and not killing over!!!!
Fantastic Texas, way to go, that makes me smile:)

kadesma

bevkile said:
I am 74 and my husband is 75 and we both woke up alive. That makes us happy.
Bevkile,
your sense of humor made me not only smile but laugh out loud :LOL: Thanks

Back
Top Bottom