Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sciatica was acting up again this evening so I pulled out my percussion massager to use on it. As soon as I turned it on, Simon, my cat, came running. He jumped on the bed & nudged it with his head trying to get between it & me. He licked my arm & meowed until I put it on the low setting & let him rub his face and sides against it. He seemed quite happy when he finished. I got lots of kisses. (He rubs his head against my face so I can kiss the top of his head.)
That made me smile, Cindercat!

Our little dog Joie runs from the vacuum cleaner but Violet sits there right in your way until you put the upholstery nozzle on and rub her back and sides with it. She sits there with this pathetic "oooh that feels so good look and her tongue hanging out! :LOL:

That made me smile, Cindercat!

Our little dog Joie runs from the vacuum cleaner but Violet sits there right in your way until you put the upholstery nozzle on and rub her back and sides with it. She sits there with this pathetic "oooh that feels so good look and her tongue hanging out! :LOL:
That sounds so cute.

I had an appointment with my physio therapist. I have seen him on and off for the last 10 years and think he is awesome. I actually don't mind paying extra for him (over what the plan covers) for several reasons - one being that he stays with you for the entire appointment. He doesn't just put a machine on (or in this case needles in my back and run to the next patient. He will talk about life and also strategies, all the while checking to make sure I am okay.

But that isn't the smile. That came when he said "by the way you never change, you always have that youthful glow"! :) Too bad he is married. :ermm: um, oh and so am I :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Today was my next youngest daughters birthday and I took her to lunch and bought her a surprise present ( new coffee maker) What a pleasure just her and I The big hug and kiss meant a great deal to me. My other daughter was in her classroom getting ready for school to start in Aug. and daughter number 3 is on here being a good girl Hi Laurie
kades

One of the social workers got pics of me with Roe, the Jack Russell Terrier pup, and was supposed to send then to me, but they haven't shown up.

I had Roe for about 3 hours, we had fun and she got worn out. I got tired of being a chew toy so I got her a pig ear, it was bigger than her. She was so cute trying to carry it around and chasing tennis balls.

Today was my next youngest daughters birthday and I took her to lunch and bought her a surprise present ( new coffee maker) What a pleasure just her and I The big hug and kiss meant a great deal to me. My other daughter was in her classroom getting ready for school to start in Aug. and daughter number 3 is on here being a good girl Hi Laurie
kades

Kades, Happy Birthday to your daughter, hope you both had a lovely lunch :)

So pleased to hear you had a great time :)

What did you end up having for lunch Kades?
I did have a great time and my lunch while I didn't eat much it was yummy, first we shared my fave, sweet potato fries, nice and hot and iced tea to go with, then I had lettuce roll ups with chicken and couscous and mango salsa, daughter dove into salmon rollups amd ice tea spritzer, I tsted her spritzer, Oh poop I should have indulged it was non- alcoholic but ever so good. Next time I'll get one just for me:LOL:
kades

It all sounds really tasty Kades :)

We have never had sweet potato fries, actually I dont think we have even tried sweet potato, must try it one day soon.

The roll ups sound nice, we made some at home for lunch yesterday :)

Went out to dinner with DH. We had such a good time. The smiles and laughter was non-stop...And Dinner shrimp kabob's with wonderful basmati rice dessert Persian ice cream made with rose water, chopped pistashio's and saffron. Was it ever yummy, see the big grin I have?

kades

Oh Kylie, you must try sweet potato fries if you get the chance. One of my faves, too, especially sprinkled with a little cinnamon just out of the oven. :yum:

The last thing that made me smile big time was talking to my almost 2 yr. old grandson on the phone today. I didn't understand much of what he was saying but he was sure animated and it was so cute! :LOL:

Cheryl, I can just imagine how happy and animated your little grandson sounded, I can see why that would make you smile...so sweet :)

I just got done with Shrek's dressing for the night. There's about an 1/8th of an inch left to go, it's about 2 inches long. Should close up overnight. I will be able to start using ointment to keep it soft. He's almost healed, Yea!!!!!!!!!! It's been a very long, stressful month!

Back
Top Bottom