Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
I just got done with Shrek's dressing for the night. There's about an 1/8th of an inch left to go, it's about 2 inches long. Should close up overnight. I will be able to start using ointment to keep it soft. He's almost healed, Yea!!!!!!!!!! It's been a very long, stressful month!

{{{{heal Shrek}}}}}

Fantastic news, PF!!!

Oh Kylie, you must try sweet potato fries if you get the chance. One of my faves, too, especially sprinkled with a little cinnamon just out of the oven. :yum:

The last thing that made me smile big time was talking to my almost 2 yr. old grandson on the phone today. I didn't understand much of what he was saying but he was sure animated and it was so cute! :LOL:
Oh Cheryl,
how wonderful for you and the little one. I know just how you are feeling. I have 6 grandkids and I'll toss you this, when they get to be about 4-5 they will yak at and with you and life will just bloom for the both of you. It's the greatest when they can talk to and with you. Enjoy and build those memories.
kades:)

Aww....sweet...thank you kades. Made me smile. :) Aren't grandchildren just the best things in life? Mine are 10, 7, 3, the two youngest are almost 2, and one's on the way. :) :wub:

How old are yours?

Last edited:
Princess Fiona, you are an amazing woman. I admired you so much and hearing that your life may settle down to a dull roar puts a huge smile on my face :)(let's face it, you will never have a "normal" life...you are too caring and awesome for that :angel:).
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Shrek and Fiona}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Princess Fiona, you are an amazing woman. I admired you so much and hearing that your life may settle down to a dull roar puts a huge smile on my face :)(let's face it, you will never have a "normal" life...you are too caring and awesome for that :angel:).
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Shrek and Fiona}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Laurie said that really well.

Oh Cheryl,
how wonderful for you and the little one. I know just how you are feeling. I have 6 grandkids and I'll toss you this, when they get to be about 4-5 they will yak at and with you and life will just bloom for the both of you. It's the greatest when they can talk to and with you. Enjoy and build those memories.
kades:)

All grandparents should have Skype on their computer. It is free. Every so often I get to call my grandson and we can see each other and talk. He has all sorts of tales to tell me. One time he ran and got his favorite book and held it up and asked me to read it to him. Thankfully, his mother was right there and handled that one for me.

He speaks three languages. English to his father, Italian to his mother and Albanian to his other grandparents. Sometimes when we talk he has to stop and remember I am the English speaking Grammy. :)

I just got done with Shrek's dressing for the night. There's about an 1/8th of an inch left to go, it's about 2 inches long. Should close up overnight. I will be able to start using ointment to keep it soft. He's almost healed, Yea!!!!!!!!!! It's been a very long, stressful month!

That is great news. I know how both of you are feeling right now. The next time I need the good care of a good nurse, I am coming to Montana.

I have had wounds like that. Each day I would measure it with one of those sheets that have circles on it to see how much it has closed. Some days the movement was so small you almost couldn't measure it. Other days there would be a big difference.

I am doing a happy dance for you and Shrek. :wub::flowers::whistling:w00t2:

My smile today was generated by a little tot sitting in a grocery cart holding in both hands a cookie as big as her head. She was gumming the heck out of it and jabbering to beat the band.

My smile today was generated by a little tot sitting in a grocery cart holding in both hands a cookie as big as her head. She was gumming the heck out of it and jabbering to beat the band.

I love the little ones. I used to watch my kids out of site while they were playing. Did you know that dolls can talk up a storm? Or that toy trucks can make sounds like a real big truck? :)

SO and I were sitting out on the deck enjoying the nice weather when the sprinklers came on and three little kids a few doors down went wild running through the sprinklers and squealing with delight. It was a joy to see and hear!

Went to my eldest daughters for dinner today. 4 of the grand kids were there. We all sat out on their new deck and watched as the kids dove and jumped into the pool and did their version of swimming or the dog paddle. They had a ball. Smile you bet I'm still grinning:ROFLMAO: much like this:LOL:
kades

Thanks for all the replies! My car didnt cost as much as I expected and the tooth will be extracted as soon as I can get in to the oral surgeon :ermm: I will probably take the cat somewhere on my next day off. My child is so attached already, I want to make sure it gets taken care of. I'm not poor by any means but I have a load of stuff I have to get taken care of. I'll fit the cat in there to and hope for the best. :)

The above....,

Last edited:
big smile for the whole afternoon. my granddaughter,me and the two great grands went out to lunch for granddaughters b'day. then we did a little shopping pier one and Michaels. frozen yogurt was next on the list. as we riding home the six year old said "best day ever, with grandma riding in the car" you bet your booty that brings a great, giant smile.

Back
Top Bottom