Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My friendly neighbour came to visit. It made me smile..

Attachments

• igua 002.jpg
    igua 002.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 155
I bring sand and pebbles/rocks home from Lake of the Woods (my grandparents' cabin-now my cousin's) every summer that I go. I have a collection of rocks that my grandma kept on the woodburning cook stove--each rock is one that one of us collected...that rock collection is now mine and dear to me. I finally found the right container for last year's rocks and sand. The tray is one my mom used at LOW on the Canadian side (where my folks had a cabin for 10 years) (okay, I painted it purple--what did you expect)? Now all I have to do is find the rock collection (it has been packed for 2 years) and put those on the tray:

Attachments

• LOW sand 004.jpg
    LOW sand 004.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
I bring sand and pebbles/rocks home from Lake of the Woods (my grandparents' cabin-now my cousin's) every summer that I go. I have a collection of rocks that my grandma kept on the woodburning cook stove--each rock is one that one of us collected...that rock collection is now mine and dear to me. I finally found the right container for last year's rocks and sand. The tray is one my mom used at LOW on the Canadian side (where my folks had a cabin for 10 years) (okay, I painted it purple--what did you expect)? Now all I have to do is find the rock collection (it has been packed for 2 years) and put those on the tray:
I like. What a treasure you have. My favorite thing is to save oldies from mom, gramma, dad.and bompa. Emmmm makes me feel so happy and warm.
kades

Grandson Cade spending the night for the last days of summer. School will soon start and seeing the kids will be on just Sundays for dinner.
kades

I like. What a treasure you have. My favorite thing is to save oldies from mom, gramma, dad.and bompa. Emmmm makes me feel so happy and warm.
kades
+1

The DH wants to throw my sand and pebble collection outside...I had hissy fit when he took last year's sand when I wasn't looking and put it in the sawmill shed....I needed the right container...I have a square glass one from the year before...on one side, I affixed a picture of my mom and me sitting on "the rock." I also have pics of my grandma on that rock, my mom sitting on that rock when she was 16, 22, in her thirties, my brothers and I on that rock, my cousins on that rock, my cousins' kids on that rock...

Last edited:
Kadesma.

Thanks dear. I knew you could truly appreciate this. The two Little Rascals made the long distance call, all by themselves ! It is a long distance call from Zürich to Puglia ...

Thanks for sharing your views.

Kind regards and have a lovely summer,
Margi.

CWS,

I have a large vile of Pyramid of Giza, Egyptian Sand which I had taken in the 1980s from that trip ... It travels everywhere with me ... Amazing what we save, guard and collect ...

Thanks for sharing your interesting anecdote ...

Have wonderful summer,
Buonasera, Ciao. Margaux.

Last edited:
i had a pretty good day today starting at 4:48am.

we had a major meltdown of a power supply that feeds the main audio video router out of my building. it died so badly that it took down the backup power supply, as well as the cpu that controls the damn thing. so, for 7 minutes we had nothing on air, nada; not eastern, central, mountain, or west coast was getting anything.
then there was lots of junk going out for an hour to the 4 u.s. time zones, as well as the cw network. this was a big time event that engineers only experience a few times in their lifetimes, and i was the senior guy on the job. :ermm:

it took me a bit, but i was able to determine what happened, then physically swapped out this gigantic power supply bucket and get the system back up and running before the 6am shows. this thing was heavy. i ripped one of my favourite shirts in the process, but i'll just put in for it (several, lol) when i do my taxes as "unreimbursed employee expenses".

i got a lot of atta boys from my bosses for that one.

then i went home, ate a coupla cheese dogs, slept a little, then took my boy down to the field and had a pickup game of baseball with a bunch of 8 to 10 year olds; them vs. me.

i crushed the little brats and sent them home crying... just kidding. it was a lot of fun.

dw made dinner, then we watched a few cartoons and some olympics before i put my family to bed, and i headed back in to work.

and here i am.

hoping to not have to avert another disaster tonight. my cape and tights are in the wash. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a pretty good day today starting at 4:48am.

we had a major meltdown of a power supply that feeds the main audio video router out of my building. it died so badly that it took down the backup power supply, as well as the cpu that controls the damn thing. so, for 7 minutes we had nothing on air, nada; not eastern, central, mountain, or west coast was getting anything.
then there was lots of junk going out for an hour to the 4 u.s. time zones, as well as the cw network. this was a big time event that engineers only experience a few times in their lifetimes, and i was the senior guy on the job. :ermm:

it took me a bit, but i was able to determine what happened, then physically swapped out this gigantic power supply bucket and get the system back up and running before the 6am shows. this thing was heavy. i ripped one of my favourite shirts in the process, but i'll just put in for it (several, lol) when i do my taxes as "unreimbursed employee expenses".

i got a lot of atta boys from my bosses for that one.

then i went home, ate a coupla cheese dogs, slept a little, then took my boy down to the field and had a pickup game of baseball with a bunch of 8 to 10 year olds; them vs. me.

i crushed the little brats and sent them home crying... just kidding. it was a lot of fun.

dw made dinner, then we watched a few cartoons and some olympics before i put my family to bed, and i headed back in to work.

and here i am.

hoping to not have to avert another disaster tonight. my cape and tights are in the wash. :huh:
Now why did I have the impression you kept them in a phone booth?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom