Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
Goofy Roe, again. She's just so darn cute, she about did a double back flip out of another Auntie's lap to come say Hi to me.

Nothing much cuter than a Jack Russel puppy!

What made me smile today? I got to meet CWS. She brought me eggs and vegis. Then we picked up the sandwiches for the Danish Club Luncheon and headed downtown to the lunch. The food was, as usual, great. So was the akvavit. We were having so much fun that we forgot to take pix of the food.

Here's some pix of the sandwiches and dessert at previous luncheons. Pretty much the same thing today.

DSC00201-1.JPG

But there was no steak tartar because of the weather and there was no bacon on the "leverpostej" (liver pate).

Attachments

• meals 072.jpg
    meals 072.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 154
  • meals 080.jpg
    meals 080.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 153
taxlady said:
What made me smile today? I got to meet CWS. She brought me eggs and vegis. Then we picked up the sandwiches for the Danish Club Luncheon and headed downtown to the lunch. The food was, as usual, great. So was the akvavit. We were having so much fun that we forgot to take pix of the food.

Here's some pix of the sandwiches and dessert at previous luncheons. Pretty much the same thing today.

But there was no steak tartar because of the weather and there was no bacon on the "leverpostej" (liver pate).

I'm smiling big time! How fun!

She didn't bring any chickens with her riding shotgun?

TL and CWS, I am so glad you got to meet! Your days sounds great!

My smile came when I was out front talking to my back upstairs neighbour (around my age) when our much younger and quite cute front upstairs neighbour came from his car and stopped by. He said "how are my two favourite young ladies doing on this fine day? You know we have the best part of the building!"

No need to say more! :whistling

Last edited:
chickens just can't help themselves.

if you need them to move into a new coop, just build the new coop a few feet away, then put a road through...

my smile today came from a couple of coaches i befriended this past baseball season. we ran into each other one night recently while practising with our sons on the town fields, and they invited us to join them this summer as they practice together to teach their sons how to hit, field, and throw.

we had a great practice tonight, and my boy performed well. i knew he was nervous being around the best players in the league, but his did his best and had fun.

later, i found out that two of the coaches used to be professional players in the dominican republic.

thinking back, it makes sense. these guys are as smoothe as silk in the field, and all hit well and have guns for arms.

i'm just so thrilled to be able to play with these guys, and couldn't ask for better guys to teach my boy the basics as well as the nuances of the game. man, i was busting my ass to keep up, though. ok, i am 15 years
older than them, but that's no excuse.

and i get to work on my spanish. the kids laugh at me when i make a mistake, so i just curse at them in german, italian, polish, or korean. you know, the american way!

lol, just judding.

sorta. (under my breath)

Last edited:
Saliva??? It's blue and pretty...

Actually, that's what I was thinking...but wasn't sure. I had it in mind Salvia was red.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Saliva??? It's blue and pretty...

Actually, that's what I was thinking...but wasn't sure. I had it in mind Salvia was red.

I used to grow both varieties. The hybrid is red. Might be something else, but that's what mine looked like.

Hmm. I can't make it bigger. The others are marigolds!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom