Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chopper said:
Ding ding ding. You win!!!

I wish my flowers looked as nice as yours, Chopper! Our lawn is on the second month of no mowing, as it's basically dead. As are my flowers. Sixth driest summer on record.

My tomatoes and cukes are doing well, and the beans would be too, if the ground squirrels hadn't dug them up! Oh well, life in the country. Makes me smile!

"Green Acres" theme here.

Dawgluver said:
I wish my flowers looked as nice as yours, Chopper! Our lawn is on the second month of no mowing, as it's basically dead. As are my flowers. Sixth driest summer on record.

My tomatoes and cukes are doing well, and the beans would be too, if the ground squirrels hadn't dug them up! Oh well, life in the country. Makes me smile!

"Green Acres" theme here.

You don't understand...I live where it is ALWAYS that dry. I have watered every morning for the last two months to keep the flowers alive and I also planted some grass that I have watered three times a day for the last month. I go back to work tomorrow and will hope that the new grass is ready to go to two waterings a day. Another month and it will be tall enough to mow and fertilize and then I hope and pray I can keep that grass from winter kill. It is grass that won't need much water after it is established so next summer will be easier. I will still have to water every two or three days. And...the flowers will still need a drink once a day if we don't have rain. :)

Last edited:
Still smiling...got a call from back East, from someone just wanting to know if they had my phone number right...and a Hibiscus in bloom...she needs to post a pic and story of that!

That TaxLady complimented me on how tasty the potatoes we grow are. We think they are awesome, but it is nice to hear that s/one else thinks so too! And the eggs, well, we KNOW how good the eggs are--we have happy hens. I just finished grinding their breakfast veggies (decided not to head out to the farm tonight--too tired).

Last edited:
taxlady said:
My dishwasher is fixed properly. It no longer piddles on the floor. I don't have to wash all the dishes by hand.

Thank goodness you don't need to use the rolled up newspaper anymore.

Back
Top Bottom