"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 11-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #2401
Sous Chef

Taking my grandson Sammy trick or treating. Kind of bittersweet though-It makes me realize how fast he's growing. I didn't want the night to end.

Folks, these are the "good ol' days" that we'll look back on someday. Cherish them.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #2402
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
We have an inside calico kitty named Sally who turned one-year-old on Buck's birthday in June. She's always been full of "beans" and we gave her the nickname of "The Rocket," because she did everything at racing speed. However, her "full" name is Silly Sally Calli Gal.

Well, she lived up to the "silly" part of her name this week.

For a week or so I've had a basket of veggies on the counter, some of which were ripening banana peppers. No biggie.

Last week I came downstairs in the morning to find several of the peppers on the family room floor. Okay. I picked them up and put them back into the basket.

A few days later, I found (maybe) the same peppers on the kitchen floor. Put them back into the basket one more time.

Then, on Thursday, I was working in the kitchen when I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, Sally jumping onto the counter and, with a very sneaky look on her face, plucking two peppers out of the basket.

She quickly hopped down and rocketed into the family room with them.

All I could do was smile and laugh.

She was definitely "Silly" Sally.
It amazes me sometimes just how much personality pets can have! Your story brought back found memories for me, Thank you Katie!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #2403
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke king View Post
Taking my grandson Sammy trick or treating. Kind of bittersweet though-It makes me realize how fast he's growing. I didn't want the night to end.

Folks, these are the "good ol' days" that we'll look back on someday. Cherish them.
Each and every one..I look at my grandkids and my heart just swells til I think it might burst..I am continually amazed at how much love they give us..I love every minute I get to spend with them, just hate when they have to go home, but then, I look at their mom's and dads and realize how lucky they all are.

kadesma
Old 11-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #2404
Senior Cook

I agree smoke king and kadesma. Time goes by so fast. I got to spend the evening with both my grandsons tonight as it was my oldest grandsons' 8th birthday. They both just make my life complete! I didn't want to leave to come home cuz I miss not being with them. They both make me smile........

Barb
Old 11-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #2405
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by homecook View Post
I agree smoke king and kadesma. Time goes by so fast. I got to spend the evening with both my grandsons tonight as it was my oldest grandsons' 8th birthday. They both just make my life complete! I didn't want to leave to come home cuz I miss not being with them. They both make me smile........

Barb
I just love my grand kids so much..Up to a year ago I use to watch 3 of them 3 days a week..Then I got sick and and now they go to a baby sitter and it hurts so much...They are what keep me going still..They are my heart and my reason for living. I know to some that is foolish, but to me it's complete love.
kadesma
Old 11-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #2406
Master Chef

my best memories were those spent with my grandparents in the summers...............and before he died my grandfather told me that he would never forget me crying when we had to leave.......those of you with grandbabies are providing them with more love and security than you can imagine.......they will never forget you.....
Old 11-02-2008, 01:50 AM   #2407
Master Chef

my husband's neighbor had a hyper dog who would literally race up the tree after a squirrel and once airborne look down and wonder how the he** he got there........they had to rescue him time and time again..........how can you resist a scared weenie dog??
Old 11-02-2008, 01:14 AM   #2408
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
my husband's neighbor had a hyper dog who would literally race up the tree after a squirrel and once airborne look down and wonder how the he** he got there........they had to rescue him time and time again..........how can you resist a scared weenie dog??
Oh deb,
you just gave me the best laugh I've had in a long time..Just the idea of that doxie in mid air has me falling of tis chair...Ah doxies my two best friends were Max and Maggie..How I miss them
kades
Old 11-02-2008, 01:14 AM   #2409
Cook

The last thing that made me smile was watching my daughter and her mini doxie play in the floor tonight like the two little silly kids they are. I had to break out the camcorder...priceless memories.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:05 AM   #2410
Master Chef

Well, Novice, keep that camcorder handy and charged.......you have many more years of memories to go...............wait until you're at her wedding.......you won't have a dry eye left.............I boohooed during my daughter's kindergarten graduation.........when she graduated from college last year it was just de jas vou all over again.............lots of memories to go ..............

« Finally | - »