Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone for the ooo's and aww's!

One fun fact about our nephew the search and rescue guy - by day he is a butcher! :LOL:

I remember 10 years ago TB was getting baptized in our church and members of both of our families came to see and I had a lunch at our house afterwards. We were at our old house and my Dad sat in a plastic chair and the legs sunk into the grass and he went over into the entrance to the crawlspace. He was a big man, but my niece's husband picked him up like he was a doll and placed him in a lounge chair nearby. Dad was okay - had a few stitches in his head and a bad headache, but I will never forget the quick action of this young man (also a very big guy). I can really see why he got the award. Oh, and of the 60,000 awards given in Canada, only 4,000 were for public service, so he was 1 in 4,000! :)

I'd hate that, I think, Addie. I like controlling my environment. Of course, it's pretty easy here in Louisiana because my electric averages $18-$22 a month. Must be because of the Mississippi River.

Maybe PowerPlantOp can explain why the electric here is so cheap.

Zhizara I don't have to ever give it a second thought. The heat and AC are just there like the windows are. And my rent is lower than your electric bills. :angel:

...when I stepped on the scale Monday morning after one week of watching my carbs. Six pounds lighter than last Monday!;)

Kylie, in the building that I live in, we have central air condition and heat. But the best part it is all included in my low rent. I can run either one 24/7 if I choose to. :angel:

That is pretty good Ads :)

Is it on all day and night and you regulate it and can you turn it off if you want to?

That is pretty good Ads :)

Is it on all day and night and you regulate it and can you turn it off if you want to?

Each apartment has their own thermostat. In the summer, once the walls get cooled down, I can shut off the AC and the apartment stays cool for about three days before I have to turn it on again. In the winter, the walls, even though they are about 12" or more thick, they can get cold very quickly. Right now we are in the middle of a Nor'easter and the wind is hitting my side of the building pretty hard. My heaters have been running constantly. I wish this storm would hurry up and end. I hate the sound of the wind whistling around my apartment. :angel:

That is great Ads that you can regulate it as you wish, sounds perfect!

With the sound of the wind, if it is keeping you awake at night, have you tried using earplugs?

That is great Ads that you can regulate it as you wish, sounds perfect!

With the sound of the wind, if it is keeping you awake at night, have you tried using earplugs?

These storms only come once or twice a year. I can live with the wind. I just make sure I don't go out in it. :angel:

What made me smile today was seeing the new weather forecast and seeing that on Thursday there is finally going to be a break in this heatwave we have been having for 3 weeks YAY!!!

Sitting and watching ten kids have a blast at grandsons 8th birthday party they had so much fun and all the kisses Pa and I got from the kidsd it was just wonderful. Carson is now in posetion of a new wii game and is one happy camper. me too. Cade sat with me til several of his soccor buds came by was yesterday fun.
kades

I went by the library today to pick up a couple of books I had asked for. I smiled to see how many people take advantage of using the library - and also smiled because I have a new batch of books to read. Oh boy!

Spent a hour or so with my two "sons" this afternoon which always brings a smile to my face. They are my best friend's boys and I have known them since the oldest was 6 months. They are 17 and 15 now and so grown up. But they seem to still love spending time with me which is great....except of course when their friends are around. Which is also still cool! ;)

I went to get my car washed, it was desperately in need of a wash, and I had enough Esso points to pay for it. w00t! And car is looking good. :)

I went by the library today to pick up a couple of books I had asked for. I smiled to see how many people take advantage of using the library - and also smiled because I have a new batch of books to read. Oh boy!

We are going to be losing our branch of the library next year. The main library is in Copley Square in Boston. Each neighborhood has their own branch. Depending on how big the neighborhood is, some have two branches. We are on of those. They are building a new state of the art one in an area that the city is trying build up. It used to be the railroad stock yards. So next year they will be closing both of our branches and opening up the one new one. It is too far away from where I live for me to go there. Right now I can go to the one near me on my scooter. But that will end next year. Sadly to say, public transportation will not be serving the new one and is not on a bus route. The location of the new library will not be serving our town very well at all. Bad planning! :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom