"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 AM   #2721
Chef Extraordinaire

i don't know what anyone else wrote, kads, but i do know that no one deserves our love more.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #2722
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i don't know what anyone else wrote, kads, but i do know that no one deserves our love more.
BT,
Bethzering started a thread to make me smile..I've been pretty sick and fighting it like crazy...I know how you feel about me as you've told me now and then and You know how much I care for you and your beautiful family..I may now write often, but know if you need or want, I'm here for you always..You are loved
kades

Old 12-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #2723
Certified Cake Maniac

Kades, you know how much I agree with Bucky T's statement.

DH is on his way to the airport with our border. He has been with us since February and I have really grown attached to him more than any others we have had (though I adore them all). I said goodbye last night and he turned quickly away after we hugged and I knew he was holding back tears, so was I.

Anyway, my smile came at dinner. I made all his favourites from the past 10 months - Stroganoff, asparagus, salad with my own dressing and for dessert apple crisp. I mentioned this in yesterday's dinner thread, but seeing as it is still making me smile I had to add it here.

After his second dish of apple crisp (which I make without sugar or flour as DH is celiac and he is diabetic), he asked if I could pack up a container of it to take with him "in case they don't serve anything good on the plane." I love it when someone loves my food that much!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:28 AM   #2724
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Kades, you know how much I agree with Bucky T's statement.

DH is on his way to the airport with our border. He has been with us since February and I have really grown attached to him more than any others we have had (though I adore them all). I said goodbye last night and he turned quickly away after we hugged and I knew he was holding back tears, so was I.

Anyway, my smile came at dinner. I made all his favourites from the past 10 months - Stroganoff, asparagus, salad with my own dressing and for dessert apple crisp. I mentioned this in yesterday's dinner thread, but seeing as it is still making me smile I had to add it here.

After his second dish of apple crisp (which I make without sugar or flour as DH is celiac and he is diabetic), he asked if I could pack up a container of it to take with him "in case they don't serve anything good on the plane." I love it when someone loves my food that much!
Now that's one smart kid Laurie..I don't blame him a bit..It's so hard to let those we've grown to love walk away to continue their lives...I hope he keeps in touch as he has a wonderful friend in his sights and that's where you should stay..What a lucky young man..
kades
Old 12-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #2725
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
A slow dance around the livingroom... no reason, no rhyme, just the perfect way to end a love filled weekend. 11 years and there's still so much love... so much to smile about.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #2726
Certified Cake Maniac

PDS, that makes me smile. I know what you mean!

Old 12-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #2727
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
A slow dance around the livingroom... no reason, no rhyme, just the perfect way to end a love filled weekend. 11 years and there's still so much love... so much to smile about.
Pds,
The best things in life just pop up when we least expect it...When I see the happiness you and Paul have Or Laurie and Tony it makes me ever so glad to see you so happy..I think when we share our happiness we bring joy to tohers and that is what life is about.
kades
Old 12-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #2728
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Thanks Kades and Laurie... I know I talk about love a lot...

Sometimes too much?? It's just that it means so much to me. It's New and wonderful and I never thought that anyone would love me. To have found it and to realize after all that I'd gone though that I DESERVED it...well, it still amazes me!

Thanks for putting up with me and my smiles!!

Trish!!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #2729
Certified Cake Maniac

Hey, I think we (society) don't talk about love enough. Don't ever apologize for that. DH called me the other night to say he would be late because one of the residents went out and wasn't back yet. He said he didn't want me to worry and ended the call as he always does "I love you, always and forever". When he got home he told me that the other worker heard this and said 'that is so wonderful, I wish my husband and I had such a relationship where we don't care who hears our expressions of love.'

Old 12-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #2730
Chef Extraordinaire

We are lucky! That's for sure! Keep on doing whatever it is that makes him love you. It is so worth the effort.

« Finally | - »