Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reading about happily married couples...Shrek and I have been together almost 33 years and married almost 28. Of course this is contingent on me not smothering him in his sleep...:ROFLMAO:

There were times when it was a miracle if one of my marriages lasted 28 minutes! Twelve for the first and six for the second. And I outlived both of them. I think the only reason each one lasted as long as they did is because they were both seafarers and not home for long stretches. It gave me the opportunity to raise the kids the way I wanted to without interference. :angel:

Reading about happily married couples...Shrek and I have been together almost 33 years and married almost 28. Of course this is contingent on me not smothering him in his sleep...:ROFLMAO:

Sometimes, when I'm feeling extra silly (because I feel plain old silly most of the time) and someone asks me how long we've been married I'll tell them "we've been happily married for 32 years and we'll celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary this November". Mostly humor, but anyone who has been married long enough knows there sometimes are rough patches. If that rough patch is just an annoyance and not real trouble (think abuse or serial unfaithfulness) and you stick it out it's just as sweet as the rainbow after a bad storm. And let me tell you, it was stormy when the kids were twinfants. :ohmy:

wow, 39 years, cg. congrats.

i guess it's a marathon, not a sprint. my parents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary this past january.

a few summers ago, my wife, son and i were hanging out back by the pool with our neighbor's kid and her teenaged cousin (babysitter).

when dw went into the house to get some snacks, the babysitter started innocently asking me some questions about my family and i: when we moved into our house, when we got married, when we had our son, and so on.

earlier, and unbeknownst to me, she had asked dw how old she was, to which she got a "modified" answer. my wife had begun to shave 10 or 12 years off her age when anybody asked, but never thought about her dopey, old, and unfortunately honest husband :huh:, and a quick minded teenager.

but then when dw went inside, the basbysitter asked me how old i was, and how long dw and i have been together.

doing a quick calculation, a horrified look came upon her face! :ohmy:

she said, "you met your wife when she was only 11! that's really creepy!"

i laughed so hard, and stumbled to try to explain that my wife wasn't completely truthful about her age.

just as dw came outside with the snacks. :glare:

:(

i still hear about that one every now and again.

Last edited:
and here's the last thing that made me smile:

my boy on the mound

img_1262249_0_275e7ca44163d71a6255fc693a1df41a.jpg

img_1262249_1_1b72baa50aeaedc496766851761896f8.jpg

i've gotta work on his leg drive, but he's got good upper body form. that darn mound is shaped so oddly since the field is artificial turf that it's hard for the little guys to land just right.

and lol, i guess my right fielder has a lot of confidence in my boy's pitching ability in the second pic.

Last edited:
BT, you reminded me of something made me smile. When I was a student I rented a room from a lady who claimed to be 85. Then the census forms came around and when it was my turn to fill in data, I noticed that she was actually 90.

She must have shaved off five years at some point and could never "catch up".

BTW. I know it used to be common to shave 5-10 years off their age, but I thought that had pretty much stopped.

If you are going to lie about your age, do it right...add ten years. I look fantastic for a 62 year old!

I have never lied about my age. If you really want to know, it is public knowledge. Go look it up. As a 'senior citizen' I am entitled to a lot of benefits that I couldn't collect before I became old enough. Now I wallow in their use. When you stop to think of it, I have lived from the outhouse to outer space. I learned to cook and bake with a wooden stove. The first phone I remember was one they call a 'candlstick.' And you had to ring up the operator to give her the three numbers of the phone you wanted to call. Everyone had a partyline. Yeah, I am an old lady. :angel:

Last thing that made me smile...the e-mail I got from Mom, she got her Mother's Day present today by FedEx...I did a good job of picking one out for her this year! This is what I got her:

Attachments

• may day wellies.jpg
    may day wellies.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 146
Last thing that made me smile...the e-mail I got from Mom, she got her Mother's Day present today by FedEx...I did a good job of picking one out for her this year! This is what I got her:

Hey those are really cute .. good job .. I'm sure they are appreciated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom