Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fabulous for happy feet! there's gotta be a matching watering can or tote bag out there somewhere!:)

LOL! Knowing Mom, she wants the matching acetylene torch and visor. She learned welding three years ago, for the heck of it.:LOL:

I would have loved a pair of them during my working days. I would have caught all the eyes walking through the financial center in downtown Boston during a Spring downpour. :angel:

The last thing that made me smile was on Wednesday when I was at Winthrop. One of the patients who is in early Alzheimer, kept calling everyone girlfriend. She told me that she knew their names, but couldn't remember them. I just wanted to tell her that it was all right, we all understood. Instead I told her my name was Girlfriend. She laughed so hard. I brought a moment of joy to just one person that really needed it. :angel:

Last thing that made me smile...the e-mail I got from Mom, she got her Mother's Day present today by FedEx...I did a good job of picking one out for her this year! This is what I got her:
Those are wonderful!

I have friend who would probably adore them. It's her 75th birthday this year, so I sent her a pic of them asked if she would like to have a pair as a birthday present.

Did you get them at Victorian Trading?

Those are wonderful!

I have friend who would probably adore them. It's her 75th birthday this year, so I sent her a pic of them asked if she would like to have a pair as a birthday present.

Did you get them at Victorian Trading?

Yes!

what do I need to do to google that image?
Right click the image and copy the image location. Then go to google and click "images". There will be an icon of a camera to the right in the search bar. Click the camera icon.

Then paste the URL of the image location. It will find similar images on the web.

Sometimes you need to click the image before you can get the image location. The URL you want should end in ".jpg", ".png" ".gif" or possibly some other image type.

sorry you guys. i got lost way back at the starting gate. when it comes to following simple pc instructions, i'm afraid the steps often read like impossible gibberish to me. thanks for trying, though. :)

sorry you guys. i got lost way back at the starting gate. when it comes to following simple pc instructions, i'm afraid the steps often read like impossible gibberish to me. thanks for trying, though. :)

^THIS^ make me smile vit! Not only smile, but chuckle out loud. I see you have the same problem that Himself accuses me of having. People like us don't speak "tech", we speak "culinary". ;) IMO it's not a bad language to be fluent in. :chef:

Let me try again :)

1. At the top of your browser window, you should see a box that contains this: www.discusscooking.com/forums/something else-doesn't matter what
  2. Click anywhere in the box; the text should become highlighted.
  3. Type "google.com" (without the quote marks) and press Enter to go to the Google home page. What you type will replace the highlighted text.
  4. In the box in the middle of the Google home page, type the keywords describing the item for which you want to find an image - for example, pink umbrella; press Enter or click Google Search
  5. The next page you'll see is called the results page. Find the word Images in the menu bar at the top and click it.
  6. Now, Google will display images that are indexed to those words. That generally means that the content on the page includes the words, or the author of the page tagged the image with those words.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
thank you cg, for your sweet and reassuring words.:)

thank you, gg, for your persistence and encouragement.:) just goes to show, if you dumb it down enough, even i can make baby 't' steps on occasion. (in my search, i found a great pair of purple printed kaleidoscopic rain boots, just perfect for pf.) :)

thank you cg, for your sweet and reassuring words.:)

thank you, gg, for your persistence and encouragement.:) just goes to show, if you dumb it down enough, even i can make baby 't' steps on occasion. (in my search, i found a great pair of purple printed kaleidoscopic rain boots, just perfect for pf.) :)

Yay! Gotta say, I really dislike that phrase "dumb it down." I prefer to think of it as tailoring the teaching method to the student ;) I used to teach basic computer skills in adult education night school in our town. I learned that different people learn differently, no matter what the subject. My dad was a teacher and DH is/was a teacher (he's an administrator now, but still does some teaching). I have great respect for them. I couldn't do it every day with children. At least adults want to be there.

Anyway, glad you found some cool boots! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom