Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 6 year old grandson, of course.

My daughter called to talk and she related the following. She told Steven they were going to Grampy's on Monday. He asked what are we going to do and she told him eat dinner and stuff. Then all of a sudden the light bulb went on.

"Wait a minute, I don't have school on Monday AND we're going to Grampy's!?!?. OH MY GOD! That's Awesome!

Awwwwww, how sweet!

Definitely the best Grampy in the world....:)

+1!

andy, that's so nice. your comment about "on par with no school" made me smile.

my smile today was sleeping. yep, all day. almost 9 hours while dw took my boy shopping.

but a bigger smile came upon my face, maybe well hidden, when they got home all stressed out. dw asked me how i was able to keep his attention, and how i got him to shop all day on this past mother's day in things like clothing stores (mens and kids) and kitchen stores.

i told her that you not only have to make it fun, but you need to spark his imagination by describing what he can do in the clothes, from fishing trips, (for shorts and shirts), to body surfing the waves (for sandals and bathing suits), to spring school wear (ok, so sweat your butt off in class, ya little bastid, lol. it can't all be rosey).

dw has so little imagination ( except for imagining a decent hubby, lol) but being so hard and practical, she's my anchor.

or else we'd be the crazy family down the block that everyone aviods.
:wacko:
:)

Last edited:
Hey now, nothing wrong with being the crazy family. It weeds out the people you'd rather not have to pretend to enjoy talking to and leaves you with just the ones you genuinely like (and who genuine like you in return). Now being the crazy family that secretly kills people (a la The Burbs) is not so great. But harmlessly crazy is just fine.

My smile today was my hubby interupting my getting ready for work to remind me I don't have work today.

Hey now, nothing wrong with being the crazy family. It weeds out the people you'd rather not have to pretend to enjoy talking to and leaves you with just the ones you genuinely like (and who genuine like you in return). Now being the crazy family that secretly kills people (a la The Burbs) is not so great. But harmlessly crazy is just fine.

My smile today was my hubby interupting my getting ready for work to remind me I don't have work today.

I was all excited to get to have a day off...until I realized I don't work Mondays anyway...:wacko: My co-workers get to have an extra day off...

how many three and four day weekends is it going to take for you to suss out the fact that you are getting ROBBED!!! quick pf,, change your day off, and not mondays or fridays....:)

how many three and four day weekends is it going to take for you to suss out the fact that you are getting ROBBED!!! quick pf,, change your day off, and not mondays or fridays....:)

You mean change my three days off...3 in a row...and I'm not allowed to work weekends (they would have to pay me the weekend differential, a whole extra .10 an hour)... Very limited if I want to continue to have 3 days in a row, which are wonderful.

I was going to say the really big luna moth we saw when we were out. In fact there was a small (8 year old-ish) boy coming up to the store as we were leaving. I asked if he wanted to see a really cool moth and then pointed it out. He was so excited he called to his grandma to hurry up so she could see it too. Le moth looked pretty comfy hugging the bricks so I think grandma was OK.

Instead I just saw a "news" segment on CBS about Tony Bennett. 86 and still going strong. I've always been an old soul when it comes to some music and have always liked TB. But I also like to rock out. Heck, if anyone saw my CD collection they would think, by its assortment, that those discs belonged to about 3-4 people! :LOL:

I was going to say the really big luna moth we saw when we were out. In fact there was a small (8 year old-ish) boy coming up to the store as we were leaving. I asked if he wanted to see a really cool moth and then pointed it out. He was so excited he called to his grandma to hurry up so she could see it too. Le moth looked pretty comfy hugging the bricks so I think grandma was OK.

Instead I just saw a "news" segment on CBS about Tony Bennett. 86 and still going strong. I've always been an old soul when it comes to some music and have always liked TB. But I also like to rock out. Heck, if anyone saw my CD collection they would think, by its assortment, that those discs belonged to about 3-4 people! :LOL:

Some don't get it when they see Granny rocking out to Queen...:ROFLMAO:

I ran into a couple of my former students who had a son in the 8th grade graduation ceremony. Had a really nice visit. The dad used to be a boy I worked with intensely when he was in High School. He used to get booted daily from class for smoking outside and fighting. Now he is a supervisor/manager at a local plant, has a nice car, and they bought a house. And his older brother has done well too, working at another local plant, and also owning his own home. This was a kid that I got a local dentist to pull his rotten teeth for free. I bought him clothes, and spent many hours talking to his dad to try to straighten him and his brother out. They were so poor back then. Living in a cinderblock shack. So proud of them now! :)

Last edited:
I ran into a couple of my former students who had a son in the 8th grade graduation ceremony. Had a really nice visit. The dad used to be a boy I worked with intensely when he was in High School. He used to get booted daily from class for smoking outside and fighting. Now he is a supervisor/manager at a local plant, has a nice car, and they bought a house. And his older brother has done well too, working at another local plant, and also owning his own home. This was a kid that I got a local dentist to pull his rotten teeth for free. I bought him clothes, and spent many hours talking to his dad to try to straighten him and his brother out. They were so poor back then. Living in a cinderblock shack. So proud of them now! :)

Teachers and counselors get so little credit for what they do and they see so few dramatic results it has to be tough on the self-esteem sometimes. Kudos to you for such success with these young men! Whether or not you see the results know that your efforts make a big difference!

wow, dawg!!! kudos. giving to the next generation is one of the best things anyone can do. :)

That is fantastic Chops...enjoy all that lovely time off :)

Have you got much planned?

Thanks Kylie. I always enjoy my time off. I will have my grandkids visit for some of it, and I also have my niece coming for a bit. Right before I go back to work, we are going to Michigan for a trip. Should be nice, and will probably go by much too fast!;)

Have a terrific summer vacation! What is it that teachers say? Their three favorite things about the job are June, July and August! ;)

That is right, except that we don't really get August any more around here. Looks like I get half of it this year though. I'll take that. I really do love my time off. I can be so better refreshed for the next school year.:cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom