Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite fancy!!! Wish I could get something like that, but I am sure the landlord would have a fit.
Well, they would have to drill a hole in your wall. But, the landlord should be grateful if you were willing to pay to have that installed. Could charge the next tenant extra. I know that if I was the landlord (and I have been a landlord), I would be delighted to have my tenants install ductless AC.

Well, they would have to drill a hole in your wall. But, the landlord should be grateful if you were willing to pay to have that installed. Could charge the next tenant extra. I know that if I was the landlord (and I have been a landlord), I would be delighted to have my tenants install ductless AC.

Oh no...I would take it with me.:)

I have no idea what it is in kW. It's 18,000 BTU.

Just looked it up. Your 7 kW is 23884.994 BTU. Our 18,000 BTU is 5.2752786959 kW.

So yours must be a 5kw I am guessing :)

It is good as you get the size to suit the size of the room...the area we have ours in is very open plan, so a big area so we needed the bigger size :)

So yours must be a 5kw I am guessing :)

It is good as you get the size to suit the size of the room...the area we have ours in is very open plan, so a big area so we needed the bigger size :)
It seems to be plenty for the size of our house. The guy who came and gave us the price didn't think we needed more than 12,000 BTU, but I would rather have a bit more than we need than not enough.

It seems to be plenty for the size of our house. The guy who came and gave us the price didn't think we needed more than 12,000 BTU, but I would rather have a bit more than we need than not enough.

Yes, a little bit more is always the way to go :)

We also have ducted evaporative cooling that is throughout the whole house, but we got a refrigerated split system for the muggy days in Summer when the evaporative just doesnt cut it as it is too humid

I'm smiling. The new AC is installed and after less than 20 minutes we could feel the difference. I expect it to take many hours to get the whole house nice and cool.

The new compressor:

and the inside fan unit:

My neighbors had a split system installed last year to supplement their central a/c, their upstairs is difficult to cool with the central system. Before buying here I rented that same design in another part of the development and the upstairs was always too warm. Their upstairs has cathedral ceilings with no attic as a buffer like we do, and we get direct afternoon sun.

Yes, a little bit more is always the way to go :)

We also have ducted evaporative cooling that is throughout the whole house, but we got a refrigerated split system for the muggy days in Summer when the evaporative just doesnt cut it as it is too humid
Evaporative would be kinda useless here. It is almost always humid (well, it is on an island). If we get a summer day without humidity, it's almost always comfortable with no AC, just windows open.

I'm just going to get another small AC unit for the bedroom...then we can turn the one off in the living room at night. It's just not strong enough to cool both rooms and I am melting at night.

I'm just going to get another small AC unit for the bedroom...then we can turn the one off in the living room at night. It's just not strong enough to cool both rooms and I am melting at night.
We had window units in all three rooms on the top floor. We could usually manage to cool the whole house with that, until one of them died. I wanted my windows back. I was tired of replacing window units.

We had window units in all three rooms on the top floor. We could usually manage to cool the whole house with that, until one of them died. I wanted my windows back. I was tired of replacing window units.

We've had the one unit for 7 years...it's still going strong. Since my windows look out on concrete and asphalt, I don't need them back. I have most of them covered with black contact paper from when I was still working nights.

My neighbors had a split system installed last year to supplement their central a/c, their upstairs is difficult to cool with the central system. Before buying here I rented that same design in another part of the development and the upstairs was always too warm. Their upstairs has cathedral ceilings with no attic as a buffer like we do, and we get direct afternoon sun.

Yes, we have the 2 styles of air conditioning, it is always good to have 2 options if you need it :)

Evaporative would be kinda useless here. It is almost always humid (well, it is on an island). If we get a summer day without humidity, it's almost always comfortable with no AC, just windows open.

Yes, it certainly would be if you have a lot of humid days!

It makes the house so much worse, cant stand muggy days

Nothing worse than trying to sleep in too hot of a room. Our first apartment had an AC in only the living room. The bedroom was blazing hot, so that summer we moved the mattress from the bedroom to the living room floor floor. One day when I got home from work Himself called to ask if it was OK for a co-worker friend to stop by. I said "sure, tell him I'll set the bed in his honor". Poor guy was really puzzled until he showed up. :LOL:

My girlfriend's husband had just finished building their new house. They found out that first year, cathedral ceilings, too high to cool in the summer and too expensive to heat in the winter. Also too difficult to clean out spider webs. No way to clean that window right under the peak. They put the house on the market before they had even been in the house for a full year. He immediately bought a new piece of land and started their second new home. This time regular height for the ceilings. Fortunately they are no longer the height of fashion. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom